shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging LALove!!

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
I am in absolute LOVE LOVE LOVE with your eternity!!

I read your thread abou your ID Jewelry experience and I am seriously contemplating going through them for my push-upgrade!

I want to upgrade my current eternity to be a stand-alone band, and I can't decide whether to just pull the trigger and go 50pt stones, or go for the 30pt'ers? I'm a size 5 btw....

I remember someone posting about going to ID to try their bands on, did you get a chance to or did you do all of the correspondance via email? I want to be able to have my check list of things covered so I am not doing my usual "email 5000 times because i forgot to ask/say *fill in the blank*" I am under the impression that I'm going to need the lowest seting style possible to make the band wearable? It will NOT be an everyday/all the time ring, just a special occasion/going out/sick at home and want to bling out my day type ring. :)

No one in our area carries eternity bands in stock that large that I have found yet, I haven't been in to Tiff & Co yet however so I may need to take a trip this weekend!

Any advice, insight or drooooooolworthy pics would be fantabulous!

Anyone else who has some opinion or advice about larger ct weight eternities is always welcome to chime in as well!

Thanks! :)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mynah*Bird! :wavey:

Thanks! I'm really happy with my band. :) I'll definitely go through ID again- very awesome customer service.

Are you planning on keeping your current eternity? I ask because I've been contemplating going down to a lower carat eternity of about 10-20 pointers. I think that size looks so elegant and is more comfy for an every day/all day ring where the big one is just a bit over the top (IMO and for my life style) for every day. BUT I think I'd really miss the big one so I think I'll just get another one to wear when running to the grocery, taking DS to the park etc. I LOVE yours btw!

I had one with 30 pointers and it was not as "POW" as the 40 pointers, IMO. I have a crummy iphone pic somewhere - I'll try to dig it up so you can compare that size to my current one with 40 pt stones.

If you can, I'd go all out and get 50 pointers or 40 pointers if 50 is out of budget (difference between 40/45 pts is only .01mm so not worth the $ to go from 40 to 45 IMO).

I live in MI so wasn't able to go there to try anything on. But I have a good friend who's a jeweler and had him make me an eternity a few years ago with half carat stones (using sims) so I could get an idea of the size/comfort. It was AWESOME! The bling factor was crazy and it wasn't too uncomfortable on but I think it would be, to me, if worn all day long as a WB. If I do end up getting a smaller eternity for everyday wear, I'll also (eventually) upgrade my 5.6 eternity to half carat stones- but I'll also upgrade the quality too. The stones in my current band are ex cut (though not all of them have perfect arrows so I'd want to upgrade to all perfect arrows) and FG color (fine with that) and SI1 clarity. The stones are totally eye clean from 6 inches but if I look super super close, I can see a *few* white inclusions in some of the stones. No one would ever notice but because I've developed a semi mind-clean issue, I'll get VS stones next time- especially in half carat stones.

I wouldn't even bother emailing (though they're good at replying to email)- I'd just call and ask for Yekutiel (the owner). I dealt with him after my first band arrived with problems. He was awesome and I told him in detail what I wanted/didn't want and he made it happen.

Here's what I told him I wanted:
All eye clean stones (and I gave him my definition which is no carbon spots/only white inclusions, nothing visible from the top, from 6 inches)
Well matched diamonds in mm size - pick mm over exact carat weight when choosing the stones
Diamond tables to all be the same visually
Prongs all uniform and even in appearance
Diamonds set the same distance apart from one another
Diamonds to be set low but not as low as possible (with 50 pointers I'd go super low like Bliss' new eternity band from them)

Most of this seems pretty "duh" but I didn't explain in detail what I wanted/how picky I am and just ordered the first eternity via email and wasn't happy with the end product. So I'd just skip any middle man and speak to Yekutiel directly which is what I'll do from now on. :)

(Also- FYI- IDJ has a 100% upgrade policy on their diamond eternity bands!!)

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple camera phone pics I took of the band with 30 pointers - IRL they looked quite a bit smaller than the 40 pointers in my current band.

30.JPG

30-2.JPG

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
For easier reference- here's my band with 40 pointers (don't know how to post them side by side).

image004.jpg

image003.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Mynah!!! Love your set!!!! LALove inspired me to get a mondo eternity and I have to say... BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!!!! I would definitely get the 40 pointers or even 50 pointers if you can swing it. Your rock looks nice and biiiig so I think you could definitely handle big bling. This is a classic style so it won't be over the top in 40 pointers, IMHO. ID Jewelry is THE BEST!!!! Everyone I send there IRL keeps going back because the product is so excellent and the prices are so wonderful. I need to start a new thread of all my recent ID lovelies... Sigh. Love that place!!!! It's diamond heaven. :love:

LALOVE!!!! Don't you DARE downgrade to 30 pointers!!!! I can't believe you're saying that the 40 pointers are too blingy! I swear I thought I'd see a new thread in which you upgraded to 50 pointers! Hehehehe. :naughty: I wear mine everywhere, too. Grocery store, out and about...changing baby... it just fits in and is soooo comfortable. I hardly know it's on. I think I could definitely rock 50 pointers! I think the look is so clean and classic it just blends in and is never too blingy. In fact, I hardly ever wear my e-ring anymore. And when I do wear it, it seems monstrous! I actually told Yekutiel that I might make it a solitaire down the road... :naughty: The eternity really quenched all of my diamond lust. It's like a giant bucket of cool crystalline bling water that puts out the diamond fever in one swoop. Ahhhhhhh... So much fun to wear and I get so many compliments. Very sturdy, too! LALove, that mondo eternity looks so gorgeous and classic on you. It's perfect! :appl:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss you crack me up! :bigsmile:

I've been looking at all the 2-3 carat eternity bands on here and just loving them. I mentioned to DH that I *may* want to trade in mine for a smaller carat weight and he thought I was nuts (especially since I had already told him I want to upgrade to 50 pointers! LOL)!!

So I think I'll get another smaller one- maybe 10.. 15? pointers- to wear when I take DS to gymboree class etc. That way I won't have any attention on banging up my larger band. :)

Speaking of your new eternity Bliss - I think you should be on the PS Naughty List for not posting proper pics of it yet!!! :nono: :D I know you've been busy with your new babe (she's SOOOOO ADORABLE BTW!!!) but c'mon! You've had it for months!! Time to post a thread (and include all the other lovelies you've been hiding)!!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
LALove, I know! I know!!!! I am the super naughty PS with lots of pics I need to post!!!! On another note, I am still loving your eternity! I love looking at photos of it! Hehehehehe, even though I have one - I think I enjoy looking at photos of yours more. Isn't that weird? I understand wanting a smaller eternity but the truth is, I feel like I'd miss my mondo if I left it at home. I almost enjoy wearing it more than my wedding set. Your mondo eternity looks SO perfect on your pretty hand!!!! And your baby is soooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! You are one hawt mama!!!!! I can't believe you even had a baby!

Do you wear your wedding set anymore? I dug my e-ring out recently and it just looked like the Eye of Sauron on my hand. Hahahaha. Just this big ole eye. I guess it's true about not wearing one's diamond for a while. When you finally do wear it, it looks jarring. I almost want to put that sucker into a nice simple solitaire now or 3-stone like Yssie's amazing e-ring. But then again, I wonder if I'd miss the blingy insanity of a giant halo? Decisions, decisions! It's nice to just have a big blingy eternity when the e-ring would be too much. Sometimes I even wonder if it isn't a bit too obnoxious in that setting? LOL Isn't it funny how one's style changes after a baby? Now I just want clean clean clean lines and understated bling.

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
Hi both LA and Bliss!!!

Thank you both for the replies! I really appreciate all the guidance!! I do plan on keeping my current eternity, as it was puchased through Knox Diamonds here in the cities and I doubt I can trade it in to a different vendor. I will check with Yekutiel though!

LALove, I think I am like you and definitely want mind clean as well as eye clean stones! I have two "misfit" stones in my current band that I know have inclusions that *I* can notice a few inches from my hand so I try to remember to wear those stones palm side down......how insane is that?! My DH thinks I'm a nutball when I always spin it around, he has no idea what inclusion I can see, and how I even KNOW what stones have them.....it's a sickness I say. :)

Thanks SO much for the comparison pics, I agree, the difference is really noticable between the two carat weights!

Bliss, I couldn't find the thread with your eternity?! Did I miss it?? Your e-ring is such a discoball!!! Do you wear the two together?? I have to agree with you about changing tastes after having kiddos. I wanted to set my rb into a thin delicate halo soaked in pave with fun stacking bands till we had our DD (who is now 2) and I can not imagine myself with such detailed and delicate rings!!! Think about how easily baby food and spit up would stick under the pave! lol!!!

I have a spacer band that I wear with my current ering and I may want to wear the new eternity paired with my solitaire, would the 50ptrs be too big and swallow up my solitaire? I know, I said it...too big.

I am probably not going to wear this rin 24-7, or around the house when chasing the babes around. (However, I may need to sport it in the bright sunlight when we are out on our daily walk just for some nice sparkletime! :) I find myself just wearing a plain band since having our son last fall since I am always worried I am going to catch it on one of our little ones.

If I can swing .50 stones within our 20k budget I probably will, and just blame you both if they are too big! hehehe! I am really leaning towards 14kt WG too, I would go with 18 but I have found that I whellow 18kt much much quicker than 14 :(

Thanks ladies again, Bliss......make a thread make a thread make a thread of your eternity please please please please!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results