shape
carat
color
clarity

PAGING isaku5 - Ultra Thin Bands Like Cellentanis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Isabel

My jeweller has confirmed that he can make rings very similar to Cellentani''s gorgeous ones from ShopNBC. They have confirmed that they will ship worldwide also. They can make it in a variety of metals:-

18k white gold
18k yellow gold
Palladium
Platinum

You can also choose to have the same colour and grade of diamonds as per Cellentani''s which I think are G-H and SI1(?) or you can upgrade. The size of the diamonds can also be made bigger (obviously this will affect the cost) but Cellentani''s are 2.5x1.5 baguettes and 1.6mm round brilliants. I actually like the full (all the way round the finger) look they''ve put together but obviously that will impact on price!

I think they''ve had fun playing with the design today and can also add coloured stones (either as the round brilliants or the baguettes) but I have no idea what the coloured gemstones would be.

The only difference between Cellentani''s ring is that they won''t use a shared prong. They are worried that the edges of the baguettes would be too vulnerable and as you''re not on their doorstep they want to make sure that the diamonds won''t become loose for you.

They''re doing the costings on Monday for the same size ring as Cellentani and I''ll let you know then. In the meantime, here are the pictures they''ve sent me.

This is their website (which really doesn''t represent even a tenth of what they do but it has their contact details if you want to go ahead http://www.diamondgeezer.com/

I would just like to add that I am in no way connected with this company but am simply a very happy customer and they''ve made tons of pieces for me (including my yummy pear shape diamond with halo ring that I posted recently)!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having fun with colour!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Lovely
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you, LovingDiamonds! I will add one (or two!) to my list
11.gif
as I can not get the ShopNBC jewelery in Canada. I love that they can make it in palladium!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey LovingDiamonds, the rings look great! Did they make these pics (and the name "Solak Stackers") just for you, or did they already have something similar? Their half-eternity rings have one less baguette and round than mine, but the look is pretty much the same. I can''t wait to see how these end up for you!!! Keep us posted, okay?!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
It''s a shame they won''t do the shared prong. That''s what made the other ring so sweet. These are nice and all, but there are already a few jewelers who make those.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, love those photo''s they sent you ! I also tried to order the same ring, but they wouldn''t ship to me either in Victoria, BC. Unfortunately the jellwery stores here are the pitts ! ! I now order all my jewellery from the States ! Most people here have never heard of Stacking rings.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
pretty!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds - In looking at your jewelers rendition again, I see that the shared prongs are the widest part of the ring, and I''m wondering if they''ll not look as delicate as you''d like. What about moving the shared prongs closer together toward the center, so that the widest part of the ring would be the diamonds? I think your jeweler''s idea was to protect the corners of the baguettes, and if that''s the main concern, then I don''t know if that could be changed, but it might be worth a conversation with them, at least. Of course, please feel free to ignore me; I''m sure your jeweler knows best.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Cellentani

I''ve spoken to the jeweller and they''re working on a more delicate version with shared prongs but one that will protect the baguettes. They''ve also confirmed that they can add more baguettes/rounds.

I agree that I''d prefer the more delicate version - like yours. Their concern however is that if you wear the stackers next to another ring, you will over time damage the baguettes. This makes sense but I guess it''s a balancing act between "do I take the risk and go for the look" or "do I compromise the look and go for longevity"! As I wouldn''t wear mine everyday I may be able to take the risk!

They''re working on more versions and hopefully I''ll have more pictures later!

Thanks very much for your input. I appreciate all the help you''ve given me so far.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried this one on at Fortunoff while Christmas shopping. It''s around 3 mm wide, it''s .55 pts of H/I, SI1/SI2 for $1,095. It was a perfect compliment to my Fortchy''s seven stone that''s the same width. They looked nice stacked together. I''m dreaming of a future purchase.

051647659.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 9:31:45 AM
Author: gemgirl

I tried this one on at Fortunoff while Christmas shopping. It''s around 3 mm wide, it''s .55 pts of H/I, SI1/SI2 for $1,095. It was a perfect compliment to my Fortchy''s seven stone that''s the same width. They looked nice stacked together. I''m dreaming of a future purchase.

Hi gemgirl! Lucky that you got to try that ring on - it''s lovely and twice as big as mine! Hope you are able to get that one. Didn''t they just file for bankruptcy?
15.gif
Maybe you better get it quick.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 5:45:39 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Hi Cellentani

I've spoken to the jeweller and they're working on a more delicate version with shared prongs but one that will protect the baguettes. They've also confirmed that they can add more baguettes/rounds.

I agree that I'd prefer the more delicate version - like yours. Their concern however is that if you wear the stackers next to another ring, you will over time damage the baguettes. This makes sense but I guess it's a balancing act between 'do I take the risk and go for the look' or 'do I compromise the look and go for longevity'! As I wouldn't wear mine everyday I may be able to take the risk!

They're working on more versions and hopefully I'll have more pictures later!

Thanks very much for your input. I appreciate all the help you've given me so far.
Mornin' LovingDiamonds! Sounds like you have a fantastic jeweler to work with - lucky girl!! They seem like they're very attentive to what you want, and I hope they'll be able to come up with a design that's delicate, but won't compromise the integrity of the diamonds. Looking forward to seeing new renditions - tell them to hurry!!

ETA: knowing that you're in the UK, I read all your posts now with the appropriate accent!
9.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow those are beautiful! I love the eternity ones. How is it, the more I see the greedier I become! I want them alllllllllllll! I want one of these, and one of these and
one of these............on and on! I will have to live vicariously!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results