color
clarity

Padparadscha Sapphire Search Round 2

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It's beautiful. :love:

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
For Pads sapphire which is considered to be more valuable, orange with a bit of pink overtone, or pink with orange overtone? Personally prefer orange-dominant colour, wonder what the market says, supply vs demand-wise!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It's beautiful. :love:

I'm going to take more outdoor shots! Even prettier outside :D

For Pads sapphire which is considered to be more valuable, orange with a bit of pink overtone, or pink with orange overtone? Personally prefer orange-dominant colour, wonder what the market says, supply vs demand-wise!

I think ones that are orange dominant are pricier, but it depends on other factors too I believe.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Lilith112 @Sydneyphoenix I think orangey ones without brown are the hardest to find, thus pricey. Orange too easily turns brownish in lots of gems, pads included.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@Lilith112 @Sydneyphoenix I think orangey ones without brown are the hardest to find, thus pricey. Orange too easily turns brownish in lots of gems, pads included.

Yes, definitely! I've seen many very browny "pads" but they're not very nice tbh. An orange dominant pad without any brown or other shifters will certainly demand a higher cost.

yaygems

Rough_Rock
yes but *which* seller in china? Like in person? Someone online who other people could possibly buy from? This IS a consumer forum and we'd all like to know.

Yeah, it feels unfair when people want opinions but don't provide vendor information and reviews to help others.

Last edited:

yaygems

Rough_Rock
I think it depends on the color. A sri lankan seller told me that orange dominant is cheaper than pink dominant, but other color modifiers like purple or brown are cheaper again. Balanced tones of orange and pink are highly valued. Higher saturation eg bright grapefruit colors tends to cost the most as they are more valued but Americans tend to like delicate colors so they can be priced higher too if there is that demand.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone. Great find! How will you set it?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it OK if I'm a little jealous? :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results