carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha Sapphire Search Round 2

voce

Ideal_Rock

voce

Ideal_Rock
Not sure, but the color is beautiful and so is the cut! I do expect most ovals to have bow ties and don’t mind them, just pointed it out in case it’s something that bothers you.

True. The only instances when ovals don't have bowties are when they a) have enough silk, b) are rovals (pink gem in my avatar) or c) are cut in a precision cut (other oval in my avatar) that doesn't show a bowtie. For sure a concave cut will guarantee no bowtie, but that's the cut you're least likely to find with expensive materials, especially sapphires.

@JackTrick @lovedogs @peacechick here's a picture of it in indoor shaded light:

1615286087230.png

@peacechick do you see a bowtie in this pic as well?

I'm really loving this shade of orange-pink! Idk if it's an actual bowtie. But personally, if I find myself having to tilt a stone around and around to avoid dark spots or so it won't look so bad at a particular angle, then that's not the stone for me. I'm fine with color zoning and all that. However, the whole "face" of the stone needs to be pleasing to my eyes.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The bowtie is really really visible and for some reason it's bugging me. Tbh, I think I would rather a little window that can close up upon setting than a straight bowtie :lol-2:

It is a rather brown bowtie on my screen. In the first photo it's a lot more than a bowtie, which is disappointing. I've purchased pads with a seemingly small bowtie, and when they arrived they were gorgeous and the bowtie wasn't really visible. You have to remember that in reality, it's not going to be magnified and in your face. But I think this one would bother me.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
It is a rather brown bowtie on my screen. In the first photo it's a lot more than a bowtie, which is disappointing. I've purchased pads with a seemingly small bowtie, and when they arrived they were gorgeous and the bowtie wasn't really visible. You have to remember that in reality, it's not going to be magnified and in your face. But I think this one would bother me.

Yeah, I was feeling like the color wasn't as delicate/pure as I'd prefer as well. Even in outdoor lighting, the face up cool doesn't feel...complete I guess? I'd prefer a small window to this tbh.

yaygems

Rough_Rock
Yeah this looks like a pretty noticeable bow tie, I think it would bother me. I think a video would be good to see how it catches the light maybe
Outdoor, direct sunlight:

1615347603139.png

Outdoor, natural light:

1615347630525.png

Indoor, natural light:

1615347648602.png

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Besides the bow tie I wonder if this one would be quite orange in hand. To me (not a pad expert) I don't see enough pink.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@Mrs_Strizzle i wondered about that too! The color feels a bit too strong for me? Not quite delicate feeling (in contrast to the over budget 3ct one which was a saturated delicate color imo).

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_20210311_171153.jpg

2.64ct, unheated, Ceylon origin

Attachments

• mmexport1615454545860.jpg
    mmexport1615454545860.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Weaker color plus a huge window, gets a "meh" from me.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I honestly am still lamenting that you are passing on the first one you say in person, none of the other options have come close...it is SO beautiful and given that it will be a necklace I personally think the feather is not a big deal when you compare to the gorgeous color / cut - but that is just ME

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so confused right now. I've re-read this thread and...where are we at? The first stone was a no, the one from TheGemCollector was a no. And House of Pad is a no. Right? So we're at choosing from the four? I'm really trying to keep up.

Sorry. My brain... o_O

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Garry has some educational things to say about bow ties in this thread:

So Lilith, do you have black hair? If not, maybe you won’t see a bow tie in real life!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe some color zoning? I think it's better to roll a pad around on something white than on pink skin! Also it has a half-and-half look and I can not tell if that is directional illumination, shadow of the hand, or something else. I would ask for some plain photos on white background. This social-media click-bait nonsense is turning me off gems altogether :(2

voce

Ideal_Rock
The color is lovely, but I feel like this one isn't for you, because in the brief moment the half-and-half goes away in the looped video, I see a bowtie.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
What do u guys think of this one:

mmexport1615720573306.jpg

2.31ct, Sri Lankan, unheated, USD15000

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results