shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha journey

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The stones certainly look better on @icy_jade 's photos.

A year ago, I considered 2+ carat sapphire a reasonable size but now, these seem a little small. So I would not dismiss a 2+ ct stone on the basis of it being too large, esp if the colour, cut and price fit your criteria.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

A year ago, I considered 2+ carat sapphire a reasonable size but now, these seem a little small. So I would not dismiss a 2+ ct stone on the basis of it being too large, esp if the colour, cut and price fit your criteria.

I took so many pics omg

149785E0-4E1D-4E60-A6B1-3940090AC710.png

Then eliminated those where my skin looks too grey, too orange, too pale or simply strange... it was overcast when I was outdoor btw.

Anyway I asked Wriston and he said the oval has the ideal pedigree (Sri Lankan) and even distribution of orange and pink. But I prefer the mada. Still, am really not a pad person.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

It's like. Do you want a bigger slice of fillet steak? Bigger Tesla car? Bigger best ice-cream cone? Bigger beautiful house? If price is great and all looks and tastes great.

Hell yeah! Bring it on!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock

I think I'm still at the phase where I look at my blue sapphire (2.01ct) and sometimes think "damn, that's a big stone!" lol. Maybe down the line, that might change, but I don't mind hunting for "small but mighty" gems in the meantime :D

I took so many pics omg

149785E0-4E1D-4E60-A6B1-3940090AC710.png

Then eliminated those where my skin looks too grey, too orange, too pale or simply strange... it was overcast when I was outdoor btw.

Anyway I asked Wriston and he said the oval has the ideal pedigree (Sri Lankan) and even distribution of orange and pink. But I prefer the mada. Still, am really not a pad person.

Hmm...I have to say, based on your pics, I still prefer the color mix of the oval a bit more. I prefer pads with just a tad more orange in the mix than pink tbh.

It's like. Do you want a bigger slice of fillet steak? Bigger Tesla car? Bigger best ice-cream cone? Bigger beautiful house? If price is great and all looks and tastes great.

Hell yeah! Bring it on!

LOOOOOL maybe! It's still on the back of my mind, and I might end up pulling the trigger for it during my SG trip, but I don't mind looking around a bit more atm.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I have to say, based on your pics, I still prefer the color mix of the oval a bit more. I prefer pads with just a tad more orange in the mix than pink tbh.

LOOOOOL maybe! It's still on the back of my mind, and I might end up pulling the trigger for it during my SG trip, but I don't mind looking around a bit more atm.

Wriston did say he thinks stones should be bought in person. Especially for stones like pads where everyone has their personal pref regarding the color/saturation.

If you have decided which date/time to pop by and wanna have a quick meet up let us know and maybe we can gather at Wriston’s or have tea like a taitai if you have time.

Do bring an umbrella when you are here. It rains nearly everyday.

Safe to wear whatever bling you want here. Crime rate is low.

End of random thoughts

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Wriston did say he thinks stones should be bought in person. Especially for stones like pads where everyone has their personal pref regarding the color/saturation.

If you have decided which date/time to pop by and wanna have a quick meet up let us know and maybe we can gather at Wriston’s or have tea like a taitai if you have time.

Do bring an umbrella when you are here. It rains nearly everyday.

Safe to wear whatever bling you want here. Crime rate is low.

End of random thoughts

Okay, I'll definitely let you guys know once my SG dates have been booked! Would love to connect with everyone in person :D

In the meantime, a China-based vendor sent me this 2.0ct pad which looks like it has potential (more pics pending; gem is currently being certed:

WeChat Image_20191216164813.jpg

Sheila also sent me this 2.62ct one:

WeChat Image_20191216164915.jpg
Outdoor natural daylight, 8.73 x 6.43x 5.38 mm, 2.62ct

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Sheila also sent me this 2.62ct one:

WeChat Image_20191216164915.jpg
Outdoor natural daylight, 8.73 x 6.43x 5.38 mm, 2.62ct

Is that the one she has posted on IG? It looked so lovely but I felt like when she moved it there was a brown undertone. If it is another stone ignore me

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Is that the one she has posted on IG? It looked so lovely but I felt like when she moved it there was a brown undertone. If it is another stone ignore me

I believe it's the same one as the IG one! This one is the 2.62 and it's listed at USD4900.

Another option I just received-- 1.52ct, USD2250, Madagascar, unheated. It looks promising to me! This is what it looks like in overcast, outdoor lighting; I'm currently waiting on indoor artifical & natural lighting pics as well:

1576721086828.png
1576721105996.png
1576721123747.png
1576721138345.png
1576721154227.png

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Another stunning option a vendor sent over! It's still in Sri Lanka, but it looks gorgeous:

WeChat Image_20191219162901.jpg WeChat Image_20191219162903.jpg
2ct, unheated, Sri Lankan, sunset range padparadscha. That color is just...so yummy looking! Is included, especially on top, but the colooooooor omg.

It's currently still in Sri Lanka, but I'm asking the (Shanghai-based) seller when it'll arrive here so I can see in person :D

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Both the last two you posted are lovely and I am so glad you have more promising options! As much as I want you to find your unicorn, I really enjoy this thread and it is so much fun seeing what is out there.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi guys, would you consider sharing who this vendor is?

Thank you

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys, would you consider sharing who this vendor is?

Thank you

I believe she is Shelia custom gemstone on IG. I can;t get IG to load so don't quote me. Search for Shelia.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Both the last two you posted are lovely and I am so glad you have more promising options! As much as I want you to find your unicorn, I really enjoy this thread and it is so much fun seeing what is out there.

Thank you! Unfortunately, the 2ct Sri Lankan sunset one sold already (sold a few hours after it was posted sadly), but I'm still considering the 1.52ct one. What do you think of that one?

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Unfortunately, the 2ct Sri Lankan sunset one sold already (sold a few hours after it was posted sadly), but I'm still considering the 1.52ct one. What do you think of that one?

I actually prefer the 1.52 color, but I like the stronger pink. Is that one incoming for you to see?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Really admire your perseverance! And very curious which stone you will end up with in the end. Add oil!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I actually prefer the 1.52 color, but I like the stronger pink. Is that one incoming for you to see?

I'm debating whether I should request to see it! From the vendor's pics though, it seems to have half-half extinction going on in the indoor pics though :/

Really admire your perseverance! And very curious which stone you will end up with in the end. Add oil!

Thank yooou! Tbh I've find myself surprised at various points throughout this search w/the color that I actually like! I think nowadays, color balance, brilliance, and lack of extinction are the most important factors to me, moreso than saturation. But that could still change lol!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Omg....I think this one might be a winner! Sri Lankan, 1.5ct, RMB22000!

1577101715816.png

Pad is still in Sri Lanka, so I can't see it yet but it looks pretty! Vendor says it's either 5-5 or 4-6 pink-orange :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

1577101715816.png

Pad is still in Sri Lanka, so I can't see it yet but it looks pretty! Vendor says it's either 5-5 or 4-6 pink-orange :D

1577101715816.png

is this under yellow lighting? I feel like the color in the pic isn’t so natural looking and the stone could be less intense in real life. If it looks like that irl I agree that it is a great looking stone so long as you are also ok with the window.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
is this under yellow lighting? I feel like the color in the pic isn’t so natural looking and the stone could be less intense in real life. If it looks like that irl I agree that it is a great looking stone so long as you are also ok with the window.

I always assume the vendor pics don't have natural lighting, so I've requested additional pics while it's still in Sri Lanka. The window looks ok-- not ideal but w/in acceptable boundaries.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I adore the color! I think you nailed it. Let's hope the photos come through. Fingers crossed!

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
I always assume the vendor pics don't have natural lighting,
I always assumed the exact opposite, at least from a seller without 90% refund quote. Isn't natural daylight the standard for all, dare I say, honest sellers?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Hey any update on your hunt @Lilith112?

The 1.5ct one was unfortunately heated...still waiting hunting!

I always assumed the exact opposite, at least from a seller without 90% refund quote. Isn't natural daylight the standard for all, dare I say, honest sellers?

A lot of Chinese vendors PS or alter saturation/lighting so I always need to ask for additional pictures in natural sunlight. Hong Kong and Singaporean ones aren't as prone to this though

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The 1.5ct one was unfortunately heated...still waiting hunting!

A lot of Chinese vendors PS or alter saturation/lighting so I always need to ask for additional pictures in natural sunlight. Hong Kong and Singaporean ones aren't as prone to this though

Did you visit any stores/sellers in Singapore?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@icy_jade actually, some visa issues popped up....so I couldn't go :(

On another note, came across this 1.65ct pad for USD3200:

Outdoor cloudy:
IMG_20200102_130552.jpg

Indoor, sun deck:
IMG_20200102_130602.jpg

Certificate: mmexport1577941592365.jpg

Reactions: AV_

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade actually, some visa issues popped up....so I couldn't go :(

On another note, came across this 1.65ct pad for USD3200:

Outdoor cloudy:
IMG_20200102_130552.jpg

Indoor, sun deck:
IMG_20200102_130602.jpg

Certificate: mmexport1577941592365.jpg

Ah shame about visa issues.

I honestly can’t read photoshopped pics but pls continue to keep us posted about your pad hunt! Sending over PS dust for good luck.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Ah shame about visa issues.

I honestly can’t read photoshopped pics but pls continue to keep us posted about your pad hunt! Sending over PS dust for good luck.

First picture should be more true to color! Any thoughts? :D

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the top pic. Looks to be pretty natural in color. The 2nd one though??? hmmm suspect. I'm not familiar with the lab, but in truth, I'd want pad with a top tier report connected to it.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The report says that the colour is orange with some pink modifier which is what I am seeing in the second picture. I love the shape & the cut is great.

What a hunt!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I like the top pic. Looks to be pretty natural in color. The 2nd one though??? hmmm suspect. I'm not familiar with the lab, but in truth, I'd want pad with a top tier report connected to it.

Luckily, the seller is pretty close by (Hangzhou), so I'm currently seeing when I can drop by and see in person. If I really like the color in person and I want to buy, I'm thinking of asking for GRS, just to confirm it's origin (vendor says it's Sri Lankan).

The report says that the colour is orange with some pink modifier which is what I am seeing in the second picture. I love the shape & the cut is great.

What a hunt!

It looks really promising! Plus it looks super sparkly in the video she sent me :D

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results