shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha color ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the poor picture quality. The stone is also sleepy and the cutting is far from "top notch ". I was just wondering though, am I the only one to think this looks a lot like a padparadscha?

Copy (1) of IMG_0866_1.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
It definitely has a pink hue to me. Is it a sapphire?

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:48:40 PM
Author: platinumrock
Thank you for the reply platinumrock. What do you think of the color?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It may just be my monitor, but I don''t really see any orangish tone to it and I do see a bit lavender. Then again, it just could be my monitor.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Linda, I think it looks pretty similar to the color in this photo on my moniter. Do you think the hue is anywhere similar ? Yes it does have orange but may not be showing up in this picture.

The picture of the stone reminds me of a few pads I have seen posted in colored stones. Hence my question.

RWPad[1]_1.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:05:08 PM
Author: colormyworld

Date: 2/13/2009 8:48:40 PM
Thank you for the reply platinumrock. What do you think of the color?

According to my own eyes and laptop monitor, I definitely see a pink tone with a hint of lavender. I don''t see much of an orange tone, though there''s just enough that helps warm up the pink a little bit. I could be wrong, but the peachy color may be muffled by a slight haziness in the stone. You mention that it doesn''t have the best cut.

I think it''s a lovely color, and it has a paddish trait in my opinion. But take my post with a grain of salt. I''m a bit biased towards peachy colored stones.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still see the same as platinumrock, but it may be our monitors. I still don''t see any orange, just a bit of lavender. Is it supposed to be a pad?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doug, it is most likely my monitor, why I am not seeing exact colors. It is a beautiful stone though.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:30:10 PM
Author: Linda W
I still see the same as platinumrock, but it may be our monitors. I still don''t see any orange, just a bit of lavender. Is it supposed to be a pad?

Linda, I''ve been meaning to tell you that the pad in your avatar is scrumptious!! That stone is truly magnificent, and I love the peachy color. You have one of the most beautiful stones on PS.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
On your moniters does the hue look anything like the flower picture I posted?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 9:35:00 PM
On your moniters does it look anything like the flower picture I posted?
Not really, actually Linda''s pad does. I see a brownish pinkish stone. Maybe it''s my monitor. Sorry.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
On mine no, but I have an old computer, so that may be the reason. What does the stone look like in daylight???

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:35:00 PM
On your moniters does the hue look anything like the flower picture I posted?

TravelingGal''s pad has the best resemblance to that lotus flower pic that I''ve seen so far. Although the lotus flower has more orange tones with a slight yellow tint. Yours has a more purple/lavender tone on my monitor.

Do you have any more pics?

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Oh well I guess my moniter is adjusted a little differnt than youe . TL thanks for chiming in. Linda I have to agree TL. Your pad. is brautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The spinel in your avitar looks like a vivid orange with a secondary yellow modifier. Is it? That''s what I see in my monitor. It''s really difficult to tell from one photo though. You should post more pictures if you can obtain them.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I'll throw another monitor into the mix. I see a bit of orange, but it definitely has a mauve-ish component--sorry to use the word mauve, but that's what my monitor shows.

The spinel, on the other hand, is a very bright and saturated orangeish red/pink.

(mac monitor)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CMW,
My monitor show an Extremely sleepy vslOP stone with some brown undertones.

TL, I see CMW''s avatar as vivid pink stone with a strong orange modifier. At least on my monitor.
9.gif
It seems like our monitors are showing very different colours.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 9:56:21 PM
Author: Chrono
CMW,

TL, I see CMW''s avatar as vivid pink stone with a strong orange modifier. At least on my monitor.
9.gif
Yes, I see that as well. I think you''re more correct in your estimation of the color of CMW''s avitar stone.
emsmile.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
CMW,

9.gif

Me too! It looks more like a vivid neon peach to me with a hint of tomato. If there''s such a thing.

That spinel is definitely alive! It''s gorgeous.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:54:19 PM
Author: coatimundi
I''ll throw another monitor into the mix. I see a bit of orange, but it definitely has a mauve-ish component--sorry to use the word mauve, but that''s what my monitor shows.

The spinel, on the other hand, is a very bright and saturated orangeish red/pink.

(mac monitor)

Ditto.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 10:02:07 PM

CMW,

TL, I see CMW's avatar as vivid pink stone with a strong orange modifier. At least on my monitor.
9.gif

Me too! It looks more like a vivid neon peach to me with a hint of tomato. If there's such a thing.

That spinel is definitely alive! It's gorgeous.

You're making me hungry. This is the first time I'm hearing of a gemstone described using fruits.
18.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me too! It looks more like a vivid neon peach to me with a hint of tomato. If there''s such a thing.

PR, you crack me up with your color descriptions, or you make me hungry. LOL!!
9.gif

If you look at CMW''s spinel next to the "mystery" stone, you can really see the brown stand out in the "mystery" stone.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Well I guess it is time to come clean. I have been a little bad. This is a picture of what the SPINEL looks like in real life. I edited the first picture to desaturate the col.or as far as my program would allow. I did not edit the pic for hue, brightnass or contrast only saturation. I don''t know where the lavendar hue is coming from I see it also. I also see it in the flower picture.

IMG_086.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CMW,
Well that's good to hear. I was starting to get worried about you wanting to add that stone to your collection. I know your taste in color is impeccable, so when I saw that stone I was like
23.gif

The real color is MUCH nicer!!!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock

CMW,

9.gif

Yes platinumrock there is such a thing. Much less expensive in spinels though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AHHH!!! Now that''s the stone that I would expect CMW to purchase, not some brown coloured spinel.
30.gif
You almost had me there with that trick.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you TL. The last picture I posted is the exact same picture unedited. This stone and my avatar stone are a pretty good match though the avatar pic is a little less orange. Just ever so slightly so.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:04:35 PM

CMW,

9.gif

You''re making me hungry. This is the first time I''m hearing of a gemstone described using fruits.
18.gif

Teehee! I can''t help it, that''s how I see color in my head. I need a visual representation. I called BrownEyedGirl''s spinel "blueberry".
9.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono I think when red or orange hues have low saturation the eye/ brain perceives it as brown. At least that is what I learned from reading about colored stone grading. That is why a color grade of 3 or less in red hues is called slightly brownish.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:06:22 PM
Well I guess it is time to come clean. I have been a little bad. This is a picture of what the SPINEL looks like in real life. I edited the first picture to desaturate the col.or as far as my program would allow. I did not edit the pic for hue, brightnass or contrast only saturation. I don''t know where the lavendar hue is coming from I see it also. I also see it in the flower picture.

If there was a parallel universe, this would be Lopsie Fug''s. WOWWW!!! This is soooo the opposite of what I was expecting. What a nice surprise!!! Your oval spinel is very similar in color to your avatar spinel. Vividy neony tomatoish goodness.
18.gif
Just add some vinaigrette!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results