Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Overwhelmed

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
I've been lurking around for weeks, spending countless hours trying to find / educate myself on how to make sure I made a good choice and get something that really pops and is a good value. After 5 hours straight today, I need help. I'm paralyzed and doing this online has me worried based on everything I've read. IE - Making a choice based on pictures/video instead of in person.

I was lucky enough to get some ideas on her style and I do have a few months before I pop the question.
She wants vintage style.
She wants me to stay under 5k for setting and diamond, but I'm more inclined to be around 8k or less.
Size .95 - 1.2 carats
Cushion or Radiant cut Square, not rectangle.
Color: D-H
Cut: Excellent
Clarity: VS2 or higher
Symmetry: Ideal/Excellent
Polish: Ideal/Excellent
Eye Clean Diamond

I've found diamonds using the search, but I want ones that will really pop with very little light leakage. Like the Hearts and Arrows or August Cushion. My problem then becomes the setting. I can't find the style she likes where I may find the diamond. And have sapphires on either side of the main diamond.

Here are some links that give an idea of the vintage style she likes.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...2809ca5a5bfd81e8d64b92537d48c202o0&ajaxhist=0

http://www.brilliantearth.com/rings...tm_term=1100501484004&utm_content=DER Desktop

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-00ctw-Eur...103546?hash=item33b496a4ba:g:4w8AAOSwbwlW~~rk

I'm exhausted looking and I need help, I really want quality and a reputable dealer in what I buy.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Greg
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,192
A well cut round is easy to buy since there are two tools, the HCA and the Idealscope.
If you insist on good cut, and you should, all other shapes are MUCH MUCH harder to evaluate for cut.

I'd just contact Jonathan at Goololdgold and tell him your budget and desires.
I've seen August Vintage Cushions in person and I'd gladly pay the premium they command even knowing I'd end up with a smaller or lower-color stone than a generic cushion.

The light performance is astonishing.
 

E B

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
9,488

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
I really didn't like the Hearts and Arrows cushion. You can get a modern cushion just as bright (I've done a head to head comparison to one of GOG's H&A cushions) that actually LOOKS like a cushion. The hearts and arrows stones do NOT look like a cushion. They look like a round in a four prong setting so you might as well just get a round if you are going to go for one of those. Seriously.

And GOG has all the tools you need to get a lovely modern cushion. So I really don't think you should rule those out.

As for the August Vintage Cushion (Original). It's a nice stone. You pay the branded mark up, which I am not sure is worth it unless you love the faceting... which I do not. I really do not like the strong maltese cross on the original. BUT I do like the Star version much better, unfortunately there is only one of those. And there is NO one carat stone in the D-I range that is an AVC in budget (under 6k so you can get the detailed setting style she wants) right now. So...And wouldn't recommend going below I for an engagement ring someone else is gong to wear.

This is the ONLY one in budget and that leaves 500 bucks for a setting: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.00-august_vintage_cushion-I-AGS-H-VS2-diamond-stock-12322-cert-104071958013 That's just nuts. I'm sorry. I can't recommend that unless she REALLY loves the AVC and ONLY wants that stone. And that's not the case here. PLUS she likes fancy settings... so spending 7.5k of an 8k budget on the center stone is a poor choice for her. So I would go for a nice modern generic cushion.

As for GOG. They are a great vendor. And since your lady wants Vintage: they are a Beverly K dealer. And THAT means quality at a very good price point. So I would stick to that. And they can customize any of their settings with sapphire sidestones, the way she likes. So it looks like she likes solitaires and three stones ,without halos, with sapphires and lots of milgrain and engraving. CAN DO.

So for 8k. Here's what I'd recommend. 2.5-3k for the setting. And that means 5-5.5k for a nice stone.


Ask GOG to get these stones ASET images for you: YES a couple of them are slightly rectangular. BUT that is VERY flattering on the hand and looks lovely when set. They aren't like rectangular radiants that are super rectangular.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.02-Cushion--GIA-F-VS2-diamond-stock-CU11745-cert-1189909316
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.03-Cushion--GIA-F-VS1-diamond-stock-CU11317-cert-1189681600
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.00-Cushion--GIA-F-VS2-diamond-stock-CU12026-cert-6195855844

This one already has a great ASET posted: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/0.97-Radiant-EX-GIA-G-VS1-diamond-stock-13546-cert-5171265490 And you could get one of the less expensive settings below with this one. It is 5.8 square so at least it's a good size and it's in house.

And I'd go for one of these settings with sapphires added as I've notated.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r11154.html As is, but with a diamond cushion center
fhttp://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9676-a-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9663-a-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9632-c-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of diamond baguettes.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9661-a-d-d-cz.html One star set square sapphire in place of round in the diamond shaped bezel.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9664-a-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r3425.html
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r10359.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9420-a-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9227-a-d-d-m.html Replace last diamond on shank with sapphires and add a sapphire to the profile.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/rtj021-a-d-d-m.html One star set square sapphire in place of round in the diamond shaped bezel.
PERSONAL FAVORITE SETTING FOR A CUSHION at Beverly K: http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/rtj023-a-d-d-cz.html ASK THEM to suggest how to customize this with some sapphires.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
Since GOG may be able to get these, I'm going to post them for you. They probably will not price match, so they will charge you a little more, but considering the tools they have and the customer service it may be worth it to you. Or you can just order from JA and get the setting at GOG.

I would ask GOG if they can get this stone in for you. It's perfect for you:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.13-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-1126760 That sucker is beathtaking.

This one is a NICE stone at a great price: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.00-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-sku-1072188
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.01-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-1144736
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.02-carat-g-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-1144735
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.20-carat-h-color-vvs1-clarity-sku-1059896
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
Gypsy|1467594916|4051189 said:
I really didn't like the Hearts and Arrows cushion. You can get a modern cushion just as bright (I've done a head to head comparison to one of GOG's H&A cushions) that actually LOOKS like a cushion. The hearts and arrows stones do NOT look like a cushion. They look like a round in a four prong setting so you might as well just get a round if you are going to go for one of those. Seriously.

And GOG has all the tools you need to get a lovely modern cushion. So I really don't think you should rule those out.

As for the August Vintage Cushion (Original). It's a nice stone. You pay the branded mark up, which I am not sure is worth it unless you love the faceting... which I do not. I really do not like the strong maltese cross on the original. BUT I do like the Star version much better, unfortunately there is only one of those. And there is NO one carat stone in the D-I range that is an AVC in budget (under 6k so you can get the detailed setting style she wants) right now. So...And wouldn't recommend going below I for an engagement ring someone else is gong to wear.

This is the ONLY one in budget and that leaves 500 bucks for a setting: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.00-august_vintage_cushion-I-AGS-H-VS2-diamond-stock-12322-cert-104071958013 That's just nuts. I'm sorry. I can't recommend that unless she REALLY loves the AVC and ONLY wants that stone. And that's not the case here. PLUS she likes fancy settings... so spending 7.5k of an 8k budget on the center stone is a poor choice for her. So I would go for a nice modern generic cushion.

As for GOG. They are a great vendor. And since your lady wants Vintage: they are a Beverly K dealer. And THAT means quality at a very good price point. So I would stick to that. And they can customize any of their settings with sapphire sidestones, the way she likes. So it looks like she likes solitaires and three stones ,without halos, with sapphires and lots of milgrain and engraving. CAN DO.

So for 8k. Here's what I'd recommend. 2.5-3k for the setting. And that means 5-5.5k for a nice stone.


Ask GOG to get these stones ASET images for you: YES a couple of them are slightly rectangular. BUT that is VERY flattering on the hand and looks lovely when set. They aren't like rectangular radiants that are super rectangular.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.02-Cushion--GIA-F-VS2-diamond-stock-CU11745-cert-1189909316
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.03-Cushion--GIA-F-VS1-diamond-stock-CU11317-cert-1189681600
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.00-Cushion--GIA-F-VS2-diamond-stock-CU12026-cert-6195855844

This one already has a great ASET posted: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/0.97-Radiant-EX-GIA-G-VS1-diamond-stock-13546-cert-5171265490 And you could get one of the less expensive settings below with this one. It is 5.8 square so at least it's a good size and it's in house.

And I'd go for one of these settings with sapphires added as I've notated.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r11154.html As is, but with a diamond cushion center
fhttp://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9676-a-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9663-a-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9632-c-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of diamond baguettes.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9661-a-d-d-cz.html One star set square sapphire in place of round in the diamond shaped bezel.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9664-a-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r3425.html
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r10359.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9420-a-d-d-cz.html Sapphires in place of the diamond baguettes
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/r9227-a-d-d-m.html Replace last diamond on shank with sapphires and add a sapphire to the profile.
http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/rtj021-a-d-d-m.html One star set square sapphire in place of round in the diamond shaped bezel.
PERSONAL FAVORITE SETTING FOR A CUSHION at Beverly K: http://www.beverleyk.com/vintage/rtj023-a-d-d-cz.html ASK THEM to suggest how to customize this with some sapphires.

Thank you so very much. This is a tremendous help. I have some additional work to do.
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
E B|1467588252|4051156 said:
If you want an August Vintage cushion (which I would stick with if you're going for an overall vintage look), Good Old Gold can source you settings that are vintage style with sapphires. Here are a couple from Gabriel NY as an example:

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER11932R0W44SA

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER11055PT3SA/amavida

But I'm sure they can offer you more options if you call (if you'd like). Hope this helps a little!
Thank you, I think that first one may be perfect. This really helps.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
glcampb|1467602243|4051233 said:
E B|1467588252|4051156 said:
If you want an August Vintage cushion (which I would stick with if you're going for an overall vintage look), Good Old Gold can source you settings that are vintage style with sapphires. Here are a couple from Gabriel NY as an example:

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER11932R0W44SA

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER11055PT3SA/amavida

But I'm sure they can offer you more options if you call (if you'd like). Hope this helps a little!
Thank you, I think that first one may be perfect. This really helps.

No. NONE of the settings she linked to are halos. I WOULD NOT get that setting for her. The second one, that one is perfect though.
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
Gypsy|1467602920|4051236 said:
glcampb|1467602243|4051233 said:
E B|1467588252|4051156 said:
If you want an August Vintage cushion (which I would stick with if you're going for an overall vintage look), Good Old Gold can source you settings that are vintage style with sapphires. Here are a couple from Gabriel NY as an example:

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER11932R0W44SA

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER11055PT3SA/amavida

But I'm sure they can offer you more options if you call (if you'd like). Hope this helps a little!
Thank you, I think that first one may be perfect. This really helps.

No. NONE of the settings she linked to are halos. I WOULD NOT get that setting for her. The second one, that one is perfect though.
You are right. The 2nd one is the perfect one. No halo's. I think I'm going to call GOG and see what they can do for me. Thank you very much!!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,631
Does she know what an asscher cut diamond is? It is the same shape as a square radiant, but it is an antique step cut and not modern. I just think an antique cushion or asscher would be more perfect in an antique style setting. It's just a lot of people are not familiar with them because most jewelry stores don't have them.

This is just an example to show you what they look like. They cost a lot less than the specialty cut cushions.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/asscher-cut/1.02-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-159670

Just for the heck of it, here is an antique cushion that is not as perfectly cut as the AVCs, but it would be in budget.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.01-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-1013613
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,631

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 18, 2013
Messages
6,899
diamondseeker2006|1467604029|4051244 said:
Does she know what an asscher cut diamond is? It is the same shape as a square radiant, but it is an antique step cut and not modern. I just think an antique cushion or asscher would be more perfect in an antique style setting. It's just a lot of people are not familiar with them because most jewelry stores don't have them.

This is just an example to show you what they look like. They cost a lot less than the specialty cut cushions.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/asscher-cut/1.02-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-159670

Just for the heck of it, here is an antique cushion that is not as perfectly cut as the AVCs, but it would be in budget.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.01-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-1013613
Some terrific stones have been posted here - but for my money, if looking for an antique-style stone, this one is the bomb, baby!
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
diamondseeker2006|1467604231|4051245 said:

OMG. I'm blind. Yeah that first one has a halo.

I don't like the JA antique cushion. It looks too mushy under the table. Wouldn't buy it unless the ASET shows distinct facets under the table.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
Unlike Gabriel, Beverly K can do any of their settings (even the ones for rounds) for a square or rectangle. They will do that for you. Talk to GOG.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
I REALLY do not want to confuse you more. But there is a designer that I think fits your lady's tastes to a T. And that's Kirk Kara.

They are pricey, and the quality is HONESTLY, comparable to Beverly K (I've seen them side by side) and you are better off, fiscally, doing a customized Beverly K setting, but I did want to show you the line so you can see it.

https://kirkkara.com/item/K1390SD-R
https://kirkkara.com/item/K1140BDC-R
https://kirkkara.com/item/K175SDR
https://kirkkara.com/item/SS6852SA-R
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
I took a chance and showed her this one to get her reaction. Her jaw dropped. She loved it and said it was perfect, even with the round stone. She said she liked how there were only 2 sapphires with one on each side. She said that out of all that she's ever looked at, this one blows anything else away. It will be the standard by what she measures all others.

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER10042PT3SA/amavida

So now that I have a setting, I'll turn my education to the round stones to see what can fit in that setting.
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
glcampb|1467637749|4051317 said:
I took a chance and showed her this one to get her reaction. Her jaw dropped. She loved it and said it was perfect, even with the round stone. She said she liked how there were only 2 sapphires with one on each side. She said that out of all that she's ever looked at, this one blows anything else away. It will be the standard by what she measures all others.

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER10042PT3SA/amavida

So now that I have a setting, I'll turn my education to the round stones to see what can fit in that setting.
I know that GOG is closed, but I sent them an email about this setting and to see if it is possible for a Cushion or Radiant cut. She keeps dropping hints about the square diamond.

After also watching some additional videos on GOG's site, I've expanded my search to include Color "I".
Any thoughts on this diamond?
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-...hearts-I-GIA-I-VVS1-diamond-stock-14384-cert-
or
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-..._hearts-I-GIA-H-VS1-diamond-stock-14442-cert-
 

E B

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
9,488
glcampb|1467637749|4051317 said:
I took a chance and showed her this one to get her reaction. Her jaw dropped. She loved it and said it was perfect, even with the round stone. She said she liked how there were only 2 sapphires with one on each side. She said that out of all that she's ever looked at, this one blows anything else away. It will be the standard by what she measures all others.

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER10042PT3SA/amavida

So now that I have a setting, I'll turn my education to the round stones to see what can fit in that setting.
Oh, good! I'm glad she liked it!

Did you see this one? It's not an AVC but it's really, really nice (if it's eye-clean): http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-..._vintage--GIA-F-VS2-diamond-stock-12775-cert-

I like the Brellia cushion (the second) too. But the first one is more square, and if that's what she wants, that'd be a nice one.
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
E B|1467653806|4051394 said:
glcampb|1467637749|4051317 said:
I took a chance and showed her this one to get her reaction. Her jaw dropped. She loved it and said it was perfect, even with the round stone. She said she liked how there were only 2 sapphires with one on each side. She said that out of all that she's ever looked at, this one blows anything else away. It will be the standard by what she measures all others.

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER10042PT3SA/amavida

So now that I have a setting, I'll turn my education to the round stones to see what can fit in that setting.
Oh, good! I'm glad she liked it!

Did you see this one? It's not an AVC but it's really, really nice (if it's eye-clean): http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-..._vintage--GIA-F-VS2-diamond-stock-12775-cert-

I like the Brellia cushion (the second) too. But the first one is more square, and if that's what she wants, that'd be a nice one.
I missed that one. I like it too. I'll check into it. - Thank you
 

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1,226
You came to the right place. When you make your choice, I suggest that you post here and give the experts the opportunity to give input on the quality.
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,777
glcampb|1467637749|4051317 said:
I took a chance and showed her this one to get her reaction. Her jaw dropped. She loved it and said it was perfect, even with the round stone. She said she liked how there were only 2 sapphires with one on each side. She said that out of all that she's ever looked at, this one blows anything else away. It will be the standard by what she measures all others.

https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER10042PT3SA/amavida

So now that I have a setting, I'll turn my education to the round stones to see what can fit in that setting.
I've been following this thread, and I'm so happy you showed her the setting and she love it -- it's gorgeous!

Since you're going with a round now (good choice), I wouldn't waste my money on a branded cut... Just get a round that meets ideal cut standards -- you'll even be able to get a larger sized stone that way! :))
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
Okay so, you can usually get the Gabriel settings for 15% off MSRP at ID Jewelry, and they are in NY too.

And IDJ can get you a fantastic round too. So that's the vendor I am going to recommend for you now that we have a setting all picked out.

This one has potential: http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8477573-1.09-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS1-Clarity.aspx?sku=8477573&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

And this one looks like a likely candidate: http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8348771-1.01-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8348771&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Since your budget can bear it, I would get H color and 1 carat and eyeclean.

IDJ can call in most stones at the drop shipper vendors like JA, Blue Nile, B2C ,and ED. They will evaluate them for you and get you an idealscope image for you.

IDJ also does lovely prongs so that you can get nice claw prongs on that setting.
 

E B

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
9,488
glcampb|1467647337|4051363 said:
glcampb|1467637749|4051317 said:
I know that GOG is closed, but I sent them an email about this setting and to see if it is possible for a Cushion or Radiant cut. She keeps dropping hints about the square diamond.
Wait, how'd we get to rounds? I thought she wanted a square diamond? Nice rounds are much easier to find but you've already found a few good square (or squarish) options in budget and I'm sure GOG, or IDJ, could source you a few more.
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
Gypsy|1467700522|4051564 said:
Okay so, you can usually get the Gabriel settings for 15% off MSRP at ID Jewelry, and they are in NY too.

And IDJ can get you a fantastic round too. So that's the vendor I am going to recommend for you now that we have a setting all picked out.

This one has potential: http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8477573-1.09-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS1-Clarity.aspx?sku=8477573&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

And this one looks like a likely candidate: http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8348771-1.01-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8348771&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Since your budget can bear it, I would get H color and 1 carat and eyeclean.

IDJ can call in most stones at the drop shipper vendors like JA, Blue Nile, B2C ,and ED. They will evaluate them for you and get you an idealscope image for you.

IDJ also does lovely prongs so that you can get nice claw prongs on that setting.
Wow - I did not know they could source them like that. I'll check with IDJ also. I did find that setting on their site, but when I looked for diamonds, I couldn't get it to show anything. Thank you so much for all this information. You have been tremendously helpful.
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
She liked the square, but really likes this setting. And the way it sets it almost looks like a cushion so I think I'm good with the round. I can get a bigger diamond and make it really set off this setting.
 

Queenie60

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 15, 2014
Messages
4,293
IDJ is a great to deal with. Be patient, they are away until July 11th. And as Gypsy stated - they will give you a discount on the setting and source a lovely stone for you. Speak with Yekutiel and inform him that you were recommended by Pricescope. He's a very nice man and easy to work with. Good luck to you - you came to the right place. :wavey:
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,777
I agree about working with IDJ. Remember, 0.2-0.3+ mm makes a noticeable difference in a diamond that size. I would have IDJ find you the biggest bang for your buck! [emoji4]
 

glcampb

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
15
Queenie60|1467731261|4051616 said:
IDJ is a great to deal with. Be patient, they are away until July 11th. And as Gypsy stated - they will give you a discount on the setting and source a lovely stone for you. Speak with Yekutiel and inform him that you were recommended by Pricescope. He's a very nice man and easy to work with. Good luck to you - you came to the right place. :wavey:
I definitely did come to the right place. You all have made me feel so much better about this.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top