shape
carat
color
clarity

Overall, how happy are you with your SO?

• 1 100% Disappointed

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 5.0%

Votes: 10 12.5%

Votes: 11 13.8%

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • 10 100% Happy

Votes: 26 32.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
kenny|1410802389|3751287 said:

Which "SO" did you mean :geek:

Stock Option
Sheriff's Office
Security Officer
Special Order
Special Offer
Slip On
Self Organizing
Supporting Organization
Silent Observer
Sex Offender
System Output
Shop Order
Structured Obligation
Shipping Order
Satellite Office

There were 94 other abbreviations :read:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even with the anonymity of the internet, I think many will vote but not express their feeling.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am completely happy with my dh. I always knew how amazing he is but these last few months have really proven it beyond a doubt. I wish I could be as great a wife to him as he is a dh to me but it gives me something to aspire to.

He is not perfect (though pretty darn close IMO) but he is perfect for me. So I give him a 10. Not sure what he would give me these days but let's say it has been a challenging year to date and I can only hope life gets a bit less challenging as the year continues and hoping for a smooth and easy 2015!

Mr Kroshka I would give my Shipping Order via USPS a 0! Not at all happy with them. :nono:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mr_kroshka|1410803828|3751298 said:
kenny|1410802389|3751287 said:

Which "SO" did you mean :geek:

Stock Option
Sheriff's Office
Security Officer
Special Order
Special Offer
Slip On
Self Organizing
Supporting Organization
Silent Observer
Sex Offender
System Output
Shop Order
Structured Obligation
Shipping Order
Satellite Office

There were 94 other abbreviations :read:

Isn't it obvious?

Sex Object. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are too funny Kenny!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I'd vote 100% except he has no interest in diamonds :-o ;(
He's really the best and most delightful surprise in my life.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In terms of support, trust, love and care I give him a 10. There's no one else in this world I would turn to or want having my back besides him :angel:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love and support, 10!

Is it awful that I tell DH, that it's impossible for him to be perfect because if he was perfect, he'd be a WOMAN! :dance:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad so many here are so happy with their SOs.
Hugs to those who are disappointed.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Very happy. That's why I took the ring.

It's different than any other relationship. I don't mean that in a glassy eyed love-groupie sort of way. This is the first relationship of my life where we both work hard to meet the needs of the other. He is 100% "there". He listens intently and communicates well. He will do anything humanly possible to care for me and my children, his friends or his parents. He's great at hugs and listening when I'm having a bad day. We have the same general life goals and the same way of trouble solving. He's a nerd, I'm a nerd. He's good at things I am not (and vice-versa) and we know this makes us strong. We're friends and can speak our minds without reserve. We fight well together, too.

The supported, fair and present person he is helps me be my most even keeled me.

As a domestic abuse survivor, I had to learn that healthy relationships were not full of chaos and drama. It's taken a while to chose a man like my fiance. There is no drama or movie plot. Just he and I plugging along and realizing we make such a good team we should get married and keep being a team. It's not a fairytale, it's even better.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 100%. He is pretty darn close to perfect. He loves me with his whole heart. He is giving, kind and considerate. I have no idea how I got so lucky.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1410863565|3751728 said:
Very happy. That's why I took the ring.

It's different than any other relationship. I don't mean that in a glassy eyed love-groupie sort of way. This is the first relationship of my life where we both work hard to meet the needs of the other. He is 100% "there". He listens intently and communicates well. He will do anything humanly possible to care for me and my children, his friends or his parents. He's great at hugs and listening when I'm having a bad day. We have the same general life goals and the same way of trouble solving. He's a nerd, I'm a nerd. He's good at things I am not (and vice-versa) and we know this makes us strong. We're friends and can speak our minds without reserve. We fight well together, too.

The supported, fair and present person he is helps me be my most even keeled me.

As a domestic abuse survivor, I had to learn that healthy relationships were not full of chaos and drama. It's taken a while to chose a man like my fiance. There is no drama or movie plot. Just he and I plugging along and realizing we make such a good team we should get married and keep being a team. It's not a fairytale, it's even better.

Moneymeiser, I'm very happy you found this wonderful man. I wish you a lifetime of happiness as you two begin your new life together.
You sound so happy when you speak of your fiancé.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I've gotta give him a 9 if I'm being honest.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I gave my husband a 7. He's pretty good, but there's always room for improvement ;))

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake, thanks! I am happy to take all the happy wishes you send our way.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Someone asked that question on another board, and the discussion continued merrily until some buzzkiller said "I just had him deported." End of discussion. :lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Can I vote 1000000% happy? My husband reminds me that prince charming totally exists :)

And I was actually thinking stock options for some reason! So glad Mr. K got their first!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd say 8? He snores like a bandsaw so I've slept in a different room for going on 18 months. And he's not one for picking up after himself..at all. Or doing things around the house in a timely manner so that it either languishes for months/years, I do it myself, or he finally does it after listening to me ask, then strongly suggest, then threaten.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1410957481|3752438 said:
I'd say 8? He snores like a bandsaw so I've slept in a different room for going on 18 months. And he's not one for picking up after himself..at all. Or doing things around the house in a timely manner so that it either languishes for months/years, I do it myself, or he finally does it after listening to me ask, then strongly suggest, then threaten.

See if he's amenable to going for a sleep study. Rather than snoring, he might have sleep apnea. If so, he can get a device (CPAP machine) that will improve his health and the quality of both of your sleep.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
mary poppins|1410960092|3752462 said:
packrat|1410957481|3752438 said:

See if he's amenable to going for a sleep study. Rather than snoring, he might have sleep apnea. If so, he can get a device (CPAP machine) that will improve his health and the quality of both of your sleep.
Agreed. Obstructive Sleep Apnea is actually pretty bad for you.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is sleep apnea where you quit breathing and then you like gasp for air again? He doesn't do that. I do check to make sure-not as often anymore since we don't sleep together. He's like the loudest breather on the planet too, so it's easy enough to tell. For a while I thought extra weight might play a part in it, but he snores just as much as he did when we first got married and we were both a lot thinner. He had his septum worked on about 6 years ago and that helped for a little bit. I'll sure check into it tho and see what I can find out-it's worth a shot!

DNB

Rough_Rock
packrat|1411005443|3752887 said:
Is sleep apnea where you quit breathing and then you like gasp for air again? He doesn't do that. I do check to make sure-not as often anymore since we don't sleep together. He's like the loudest breather on the planet too, so it's easy enough to tell. For a while I thought extra weight might play a part in it, but he snores just as much as he did when we first got married and we were both a lot thinner. He had his septum worked on about 6 years ago and that helped for a little bit. I'll sure check into it tho and see what I can find out-it's worth a shot!

Don't be so sure that you can tell he doesn't have sleep apnea. He needs to have a sleep study done. My DH snored but I never felt he was not breathing,etc. But, the sleep study showed he has moderate apnea. He uses a dental device (molded mouthpiece that keeps his lower jaw and upper jaw set to keep his throat from closing basically and it works) and he no longer snores.

As for me, DH and I have been married 33 years and I'm just about as happy as I can be. He's a wonderful loving supportive, faithful man who loves me unconditionally. I couldn't ask for more, but I would never give anyone a perfect score as no human is perfect. We are extremely content with our lives and each other.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1411005443|3752887 said:

Signs of sleep apnea are loud frequent snoring; gasping, choking or snorting sounds; wheezing; or not breathing and then resuming.

DH and FIL each have a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, but their symptoms sound different.

A sleep study is definitely worth checking into. Even if it turns out your husband is just snoring with no apnea, there are remedies for that, too.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I gave Mr St. Clare an 8.

H's pretty darn perfect except for two major issues:

He's a hoarder and the house can get out of control quickly if I don't catch it.

He snores so badly we've had to d the separate room solution. And he won't go for a study.

Other than that he's close to perfect for me.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock

I deducted a point for his snoring and his inability to wrap food items properly or to close the lid fully before putting them in the fridge. Drives. Me. Batty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results