shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval wedding reset to 3 stone or leave as is

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Aww thank you! Im excited

I was just reading about her ring! Honestly when I saw her ring - I knew I wanted to do a reset to three stone. And since we had so many wedding plans canceled this year - figured might be nice to just go a totally different avenue. 3 rings symbolize past / present / future and I love that. Esp with my husbands center stone between family stones.

Thank you for pulling the bachelor ring too! I do see with a real ring how sometimes the diamonds are actually really lost - however, my set would be closer to Megans. That said the new band DID change the look of her ring.

okay okay these are very good perspectives. On instagram the pave is unreal but I wonder if thats camera tricks too.. hmmm

Hey just to chime in with another vote for plain band. I reset my diamond into a double halo with a split shank thinking I wanted all the bling and I was never happy with it. It was just too busy.
This year I got an oval set in a halo and went with a plain band and a .1 band. It’s not exactly what you are after but might help visualise.

I really think having pave will distract from your stunning engagement ring but as others have said, you need to ensure the set makes your heart sing!

369BC855-63DE-4465-8EFA-0D0EB3079133.jpeg

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Hey just to chime in with another vote for plain band. I reset my diamond into a double halo with a split shank thinking I wanted all the bling and I was never happy with it. It was just too busy.
This year I got an oval set in a halo and went with a plain band and a .1 band. It’s not exactly what you are after but might help visualise.

I really think having pave will distract from your stunning engagement ring but as others have said, you need to ensure the set makes your heart sing!

369BC855-63DE-4465-8EFA-0D0EB3079133.jpeg

This does thank you! I’m so torn. I just wish I could see in person

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
This does thank you! I’m so torn. I just wish I could see in person

Not sure if this helps or confuses you further but here is a pic of my .1 band with the double halo pave band. I know you won’t have a halo but you can see that the differing diamond sizes clash. I think a plain band will be timeless, you will still have plenty of bling with your three beautiful stones and the band. Also tbh you probably won’t see much of the pave band anyway as the three stones will more of less cover your finger.

hope this Helps.

9F3EA75D-EE73-436C-AEF6-3A1F24B304F5.jpeg

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if this helps or confuses you further but here is a pic of my .1 band with the double halo pave band. I know you won’t have a halo but you can see that the differing diamond sizes clash. I think a plain band will be timeless, you will still have plenty of bling with your three beautiful stones and the band. Also tbh you probably won’t see much of the pave band anyway as the three stones will more of less cover your finger.

hope this Helps.

9F3EA75D-EE73-436C-AEF6-3A1F24B304F5.jpeg

It does thank you! I really appreciate the follow up :)

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
It does thank you! I really appreciate the follow up :)

Your welcome can’t wait to see what you decide and how it turns out. I will be watching closely as I could potentially do the same with my oval. It’s in a halo right now but I have two .4 rounds in another ring! I also have a .8 round I could use with the .4’s.

The two rounds are from my original engagement ring which was a three stone (three .4) and after getting two other rings (the double halo and oval halo) neither of which I am in love with I am now realising that I miss the finger coverage across my finger. The other rings are bigger lengthwise but after wearing a three stone for almost 20 years they somehow still feel smaller to me than my three stone. I sometimes think I’m a bit crazy ha ha. Anyway I’ve spent all my bling budget for the moment so will enjoys my oval halo for a change for a while but I defo see myself having everything reset into a three stone eventually! Beat of luck with yours!

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Your welcome can’t wait to see what you decide and how it turns out. I will be watching closely as I could potentially do the same with my oval. It’s in a halo right now but I have two .4 rounds in another ring! I also have a .8 round I could use with the .4’s.

The two rounds are from my original engagement ring which was a three stone (three .4) and after getting two other rings (the double halo and oval halo) neither of which I am in love with I am now realising that I miss the finger coverage across my finger. The other rings are bigger lengthwise but after wearing a three stone for almost 20 years they somehow still feel smaller to me than my three stone. I sometimes think I’m a bit crazy ha ha. Anyway I’ve spent all my bling budget for the moment so will enjoys my oval halo for a change for a while but I defo see myself having everything reset into a three stone eventually! Beat of luck with yours!

That would be a statement ring! My ratio is 1x3x1 but i do love the ones that are 1x2x1 - they almost appear larger IMO than when the ratio is higher.

So after - one million hours - of looking online - I agree the simplistic version is the best. Im really lucky to have a husband with strong opinions (sometimes ;-) haha) - side note, he's European - and showed me a few designers in Europe as well, and like everyone here said, less really is more. While I might love the sparkle now because its new and Im shopping - I might hate it come 6 months from now. I can always add another band to my stack when Im feeling like I want extra bling too

Sending off the final approval and now I wait haha. I will reach back out as soon as I have an update on anything!

Also I really want to thank everyone on this thread. This year has been really hard deciding anything about our wedding(s) and its nice to know I can ask for advice on the rings :)

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
That would be a statement ring! My ratio is 1x3x1 but i do love the ones that are 1x2x1 - they almost appear larger IMO than when the ratio is higher.

So after - one million hours - of looking online - I agree the simplistic version is the best. Im really lucky to have a husband with strong opinions (sometimes ;-) haha) - side note, he's European - and showed me a few designers in Europe as well, and like everyone here said, less really is more. While I might love the sparkle now because its new and Im shopping - I might hate it come 6 months from now. I can always add another band to my stack when Im feeling like I want extra bling too

Sending off the final approval and now I wait haha. I will reach back out as soon as I have an update on anything!

Also I really want to thank everyone on this thread. This year has been really hard deciding anything about our wedding(s) and its nice to know I can ask for advice on the rings :)

Yay! So excited to see the final product!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock

I think you are making the right choice and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@chicago123 well done on making the decision. And, for whatever it is worth, i think you have made the right decision on what is a timeless design.

I can’t wait to see the final result of this set.

once again, well done on making that decision.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock

Hey Chicago, Any update on your reset?

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Oh trust me I will! I have been scouring instagram the last few weeks looking up all types of 3 stone rings. Cant wait :kiss2:

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
It's here! Before showing pics - I just wanted to say thank you - EVERYONE - for helping. It meant so much to bounce ideas off of my ring and gather everyone's input from a non sales person perspective. Everyone here has STUNNING rings and really great ideas when it comes to what would look nice and in sync.

Also - forewarning - please be nice because I love it :).

Lastly - I do want to say I did a last minute switch on the band - Im really happy I did!! So I know it wasnt the popular opinion in the end - but Im really in love :). Will post pics below now!

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.10.27 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.10.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.10.44 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.10.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.10.56 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.11.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.11.08 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.11.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.11.23 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.11.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.11.33 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Also - last thing - I know the prongs are pretty prominent on the stone and I will likely get them sharpened a little into a claw form but will wait a little because I jsut want to wear it!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy you have a ring you love! Enjoy it, and wear in good health:))

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Also - last thing - I know the prongs are pretty prominent on the stone and I will likely get them sharpened a little into a claw form but will wait a little because I jsut want to wear it!

Chicago,
it is beautiful! Just stunning. I’m delighted you love it and wear in health!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Well done! It’s great!
enjoy the set!!
The most important critic is you. You like what you like.

yiu are deliriously happy with it- and that is what makes it soooo beautiful.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am going to take it to my craft Jeweler to clean up the prongs a bit - but so in love!! DE061C69-4772-4D0C-A700-398E5F684A69.jpeg

Attachments

• CB98F87B-946B-41C4-9697-210B2AA76A4E.jpeg
    CB98F87B-946B-41C4-9697-210B2AA76A4E.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 26

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am going to take it to my craft Jeweler to clean up the prongs a bit - but so in love!! DE061C69-4772-4D0C-A700-398E5F684A69.jpeg

Absolutely stunning!!!! Even better than I imagined it would be and the love behind it makes it so special. Such a gorgeous piece

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

Looks just gorgeous!! Perfect!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
such an eye feast! :kiss2: :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Quite the makeover! Beautiful!

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
I’m a big believer in updating (I use forums all of the time for help!). I eventually had my head reset into a six prong look. The four looked clunky and I missed the 6.

That said I’m STILL debating my wedding band size. It is what it is now - but I just tired on a smaller stone size to see if it helped (I worry my wedding band makes my center stone look smaller). But not when my rings have been professionally cleaned. Ugh decisions

First three images are of my new six prong look and then the last 2 are with a significantly smaller eternity a jaffe single prong setting (which imo is too small lol)
01314492-C001-41AA-9588-C4C666A51D23.png
F0376510-660B-41AF-80F5-3EAD66B8857D.png

Attachments

• 9D7DDD7C-D076-4EDE-8A86-92656928C3C0.png
    9D7DDD7C-D076-4EDE-8A86-92656928C3C0.png
    856.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 89F44119-FBEB-477E-80CA-253457BAEDCB.jpeg
    89F44119-FBEB-477E-80CA-253457BAEDCB.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 6E8C8DCB-A360-4703-AAC9-5F27B6750DBB.jpeg
    6E8C8DCB-A360-4703-AAC9-5F27B6750DBB.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 22

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I love the six prongs - way better than the four. I also really like the smaller band with this. I think it sets off the main stone much more.

Congratulations on your tweaks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results