shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval wedding reset to 3 stone or leave as is

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
One of the CADs is here :). I am still waiting for the plain band - likely will select plain because the side diamonds appear to get lost with everything gong on.

We are going to keep the side prongs in yellow gold (I asked about white gold but its part of the band so we cant change) and then paint the tips rhodium

My only concern is not having 6 prongs. I was advised 4 would be cleaner and they cannot do 6 to be flush with the wedding band. Any 4 pronger's out there with a 3 stone to calm my nervse haha. Also A Jaffe has thick prongs - but they will clean them up to not cover the stone

I know the wedding band is large and in-charge here - but I am able to downsize after seeing the entire look :). Disclaimer - I love sparkle and might keep as is. We shall see

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 3.42.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 3.42.34 PM.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Having seen the CADs, I actually like the overall look. However, these images do translate to a slightly different look in real life.
Hopefully others who have gone thru with cads are able to guide you.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Having seen the CADs, I actually like the overall look. However, these images do translate to a slightly different look in real life.
Hopefully others who have gone thru with cads are able to guide you.

Thanks! To confirm - do you mean for the diamonds along the prongs or the ER and WB ratio of diamond size

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@chicago123 all of it.
the pics / cads look right- the pave on the band for the ER, the WB size of the diamonds.

As i said before, i am a visual person. sadly, whilst this looks right on the CAD, it may translate to something different in real life??? not sure. i have read that the CADS, make the metal part look bigger than real life. so it could chagne the overall look of what the CADs show me at the mo.

and wiht this design, for me, i have to see it in real life to be absolutely sure.. which puts this in a bit of a difficutl postiion.

my aesthetic woudl have been a plain band for the 3 stone adn a plain band ofr the WB. so these pics threw me. in a good way. but i am not prepared to say- ok do it and hten for the rings to come out differnet to what i am seeing.. i hope that makes sense?

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
@chicago123 all of it.
the pics / cads look right- the pave on the band for the ER, the WB size of the diamonds.

As i said before, i am a visual person. sadly, whilst this looks right on the CAD, it may translate to something different in real life??? not sure. i have read that the CADS, make the metal part look bigger than real life. so it could chagne the overall look of what the CADs show me at the mo.

and wiht this design, for me, i have to see it in real life to be absolutely sure.. which puts this in a bit of a difficutl postiion.

my aesthetic woudl have been a plain band for the 3 stone adn a plain band ofr the WB. so these pics threw me. in a good way. but i am not prepared to say- ok do it and hten for the rings to come out differnet to what i am seeing.. i hope that makes sense?

Makes complete sense! I am as well. I will say - when trying on a pave band with a 3 stone at the store - granted the measurements were much smaller - I felt the stones were lost in the band. But with being yellow gold shank maybe it wouldn't be lost as much

I am absolutely waiting to see the renderings for the plain shank :) - although I can imagine to a degree

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 8.43.44 AM.png

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
@chicago123 all of it.

Also - since I see you are a guru :) - do these measurements sound comfortable? I feel as though 2.90 mm seems high for a .15 stone band. I have a shared prong with .20 eternity and its around 2.5 - very comfortable

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 8.43.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 8.43.12 AM.png
    462.8 KB · Views: 17

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@chicago123 i am doubtful of guru...

The 2.9mm sounds about right for me, and I have 0.15ct each carre snd asscher stones, which are deeper cut stones than rounds.... but I have to check with my eternity.

However, my eternities are
Both channel set. So completely different to your setting....need to consider the height in relation to the ER. it may also touch the sides of the 3 stone setting which could wear the setting of that 3 stone. Maybe need a thin 1mm spacer to minimise that. The spacer could add / change the look, too.

the key is that you have one already and feels comfortable snd is smaller than what is planned. So it will def feel taller/ bigger than what you have.

may guidance is as above- to see how it sets next to the 3 stone.

Hoping others can chime in.

iwth the pictures of the 3 rings in store that you have shown. That eternity is too big for the 3 stones. Not sure if the measurements...if similar to theCADS, then it shows how cads differ slightly to real life.

Last edited:

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
@chicago123 i am doubtful of guru...

The 2.9mm sounds about right for me, and I have 0.15ct each carre snd asscher stones, which are deeper cut stones than rounds.... but I have to check with my eternity.

However, my eternities are
Both channel set. So completely different to your setting....need to consider the height in relation to the ER. it may also touch the sides of the 3 stone setting which could wear the setting of that 3 stone. Maybe need a thin 1mm spacer to minimise that. The spacer could add / change the look, too.

the key is that you have one already and feels comfortable snd is smaller than what is planned. So it will def feel taller/ bigger than what you have.

may guidance is as above- to see how it sets next to the 3 stone.

Hoping others can chime in.

iwth the pictures of the 3 rings in store that you have shown. That eternity is too big for the 3 stones. Not sure if the measurements...if similar to theCADS, then it shows how cads differ slightly to real life.

I have a spacer (razor edge I believe its called - very thing and tall) to wear with them! I know over time (if no spacer) it will wear and honestly Im okay with that. My SIL doesn't use a spacer and has to get her prongs fixed 1 every 2-3 years and its not super expensive - just another excuse to go look at the store while getting a repair haha.

Also I am leaning towards diamonds along the side. I think I might even go 3/4 shank - if im going all in, might as well in fact, go all in on the bling hah

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@chicago123 jdut seen the plain band rendition. My heart skipped a beat. For me, that is it. Timeless design for my aesthetic.

tough choice...

ultimately, your feels are more important. Going in with what has been discussed makes you more aware and how to manage the process and what to expect of the outcome.

good luck. Eek! So fun!

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
@chicago123 jdut seen the plain band rendition. My heart skipped a beat. For me, that is it. Timeless design for my aesthetic.

tough choice...

ultimately, your feels are more important. Going in with what has been discussed makes you more aware and how to manage the process and what to expect of the outcome.

good luck. Eek! So fun!

Thats helpful! I wish I could see in person haha. The closest thing I could find would look like this from James allen website - couldnt find anything really on A Jaffe

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 11.44.47 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 6.42.02 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 6.42.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 6.42.02 PM.png
    931.5 KB · Views: 15

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@chicago123 its a tough one. and one that i really need to see renditions in real life to make that final call.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Last example - deciding this weekend (yay!)

Below is an A Jaffe setting (not 3 stone - but shows the pave) next to the wedding band (keep in mind i'm likely going down from .15 to .10). Debating between the plain band and a 3/4 pave.

Leaning towards 3/4 because I love the added sparkle :)

And I do like the mix and match of diamonds. A thing ER shank next to a thicker WB shank - something says - looks right to me

(Also ER here is size 5 and WB is 6.75 hence the larger difference)

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 1.15.39 PM.png :)

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Also I think the presence on top with the 3 stone will be really nice

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@chicago123 the example Thst you have shown of the ER, with the pave band (and yiu are going with a 3/4 around the band) and next to a larger 0.15ct each eternity WB ( I know you are going down to 0.10ct), I am not sure if it works for me.
The big difference for me is the metal work around the pace. I am not sure of the correct setting style....the Cads show a French style of pave setting??? It shows more metal on either side of the pave set diamonds. And that is why that works in the CADS. But if that ring you show is an example of how the pave set is for that style of CAD, I am sorry but it doesn’t work for my aesthetic.

I am hoping the picture shows what I mean.

but- once again, it is my aesthetic.
You like what you like snd that is the most important thing to remember.

when you start playing with designs and/or see more pieces of jewelry, you get a sense of what you like snd don’t like.

and I am only projecting what I like.

Hoepfully it hasn’t confused you.
The key to it as well, is that once you make the decision don’t look back and think what if- x what if -y. That will be a major buzz kill.

know that when you making a decision, it should feel right... yes, you can be nervous about it, cos it’s the first time in doin this. And that is ok. But if your gut says um, not sure... then it isn’t right.

71E176EE-D9FA-4D16-922E-373D803D10BE.jpeg 69F5ECDC-ACEE-4F25-97EE-4C2447EA8979.jpeg

Last edited:

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
@chicago123 the example Thst you have shown of the ER, with the pave band (and yiu are going with a 3/4 around the band) and next to a larger 0.15ct each eternity WB ( I know you are going down to 0.10ct), I am not sure if it works for me.
The big difference for me is the metal work around the pace. I am not sure of the correct setting style....the Cads show a French style of pave setting??? It shows more metal on either side of the pave set diamonds. And that is why that works in the CADS. But if that ring you show is an example of how the pave set is for that style of CAD, I am sorry but it doesn’t work for my aesthetic.

I am hoping the picture shows what I mean.

but- once again, it is my aesthetic.
You like what you like snd that is the most important thing to remember.

when you start playing with designs and/or see more pieces of jewelry, you get a sense of what you like snd don’t like.

and I am only projecting what I like.

Hoepfully it hasn’t confused you.
The key to it’s well, is that once you make the decision don’t look back and think what if- x what if -y. That will be a major buzz kill.

know that when you making a decision, it should feel right... yes, you can be nervous about it, cos it’s the first time in doin this. And that is ok. But if your gut says um, not sure... then it isn’t right.

71E176EE-D9FA-4D16-922E-373D803D10BE.jpeg 69F5ECDC-ACEE-4F25-97EE-4C2447EA8979.jpeg

I totally know what you mean! So I should have clarified - I wanted to see the color (18k yellow gold) and a pave band next to it the single prong as I haven't before. I love A Jaffe rings - but man not many people carry and when they dont the inventory isnt that much. I agree I don't like the image sent paired with a single prong band - alone beautiful but not together. This was just to show the color + pave next to a single prong in real life. I believe in this instance diamonds would rub which I also dont want.

The CADs are correct with the same width throughout and more metal along the sides - to prevent diamond on diamond rubbing. This is my 3rd round of A Jaffe CADs (first was for my first wedding band, then my current ER setting, and now this one) and the CADs are what appear. The store doesn't have the style I wanted in stock or any other yellow gold bands. I just wanted to see yellow gold + pave. Ive actually never seen in person. Typically you see white gold with pave bands.

The pave / style on the ring I am working with resembles this one below. One 1.9mm line and the diamonds between metal :)

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 2.12.31 PM.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Leaning towards 3/4 because I love the added sparkle :)

And I do like the mix and match of diamonds. A thing ER shank next to a thicker WB shank - something says - looks right to me

Am glad you clarified about what you were trying to show with the pic.

th bolded part is the most important thing. And given you have seen cads v real life result.... it adds to your perspective.

working with pave, be mindful of thickness.... from what I have read in the past, I believe that 2mm is the sturdiest of widths. Setting the diamonds mean the shank/ band is thinner and more prone to get out of shape when (accidentally) knocked.

I didn’t really check measurements before, I was only look at cads for visual impact/ aesthetics.

Hope other posters with more experience with these designs jump in to give more insights.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Am glad you clarified about what you were trying to show with the pic.

th bolded part is the most important thing. And given you have seen cads v real life result.... it adds to your perspective.

working with pave, be mindful of thickness.... from what I have read in the past, I believe that 2mm is the sturdiest of widths. Setting the diamonds mean the shank/ band is thinner and more prone to get out of shape when (accidentally) knocked.

I didn’t really check measurements before, I was only look at cads for visual impact/ aesthetics.

Hope other posters with more experience with these designs jump in to give more insights.

Great insight :). I see that the current is 1.9mm regardless of pave vs. not. One awesome thing - the reason Im sticking with A Jaffe - is their quilted interior. It's extremely solid and even adds thickness / sturdiness to the band. have to pay extra for it - but would prevent the bending that can be ween with the softer gold version 18k

You can see here via my current ring. Great insight though!

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 2.43.50 PM.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@chicago123 ahh. I see what they have done there. Nice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I didn't read all the posts, but you want the height of all your bands to be approximately the same height as the e-ring shank. The way the CADs show the set now, the wedding band is so high that it will eat into your prongs on the engagement ring. If you choose a band with stones this large, you definitely will have to wear a plain spacer band (around 2mm) in between them.

To be very honest, I do not feel the single prong eternity style goes well with your engagement ring design at all. I think it would look better with smaller stones, shared prong so that the diamonds are closer together, and maybe 10 point stones max. Oher option that would look good is band made exactly like the engagement ring shank with diamonds.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I didn't read all the posts, but you want the height of all your bands to be approximately the same height as the e-ring shank. The way the CADs show the set now, the wedding band is so high that it will eat into your prongs on the engagement ring. If you choose a band with stones this large, you definitely will have to wear a plain spacer band (around 2mm) in between them.

To be very honest, I do not feel the single prong eternity style goes well with your engagement ring design at all. I think it would look better with smaller stones, shared prong so that the diamonds are closer together, and maybe 10 point stones max. Oher option that would look good is band made exactly like the engagement ring shank with diamonds.

Appreciate the feedback :). While I agree while the .15 are too large (have to make first before down sizing) - my current .10 will be perfect for this.

I also am a mix and matcher - so (for me at least :) ) I like the in variation of a pave with single. To be determined haha

View recent photos.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, 10s would work better! I think the single prong looks better with the plain shank e-ring. The disconnect for me in the CAD was the pave e-ring shank with the single prong eternity with the larger stones.

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to chime in before the weekend arrives! This is just aesthetics, but my vote is also plain e-ring shank. Even seeing that plain shank you have now with the eternity band is breathtaking. Personally I think it looks much more elegant/classy for the 3 stone to be on a plain shank. With diamonds in the shank it’s pretty distracting and my eye doesn’t know where to look especially when it’s paired with a diamond wedding band. It’s still very pretty, but I think the plain shank really highlights the beauty and summery of your 3 stones much better than a pave shank.
Of course this is just my opinion and you should do what feels best to you. I think with long-term jewelry pieces I personally don’t like to stray too far from my personal style and what I KNOW I’ll like. So I say stay true to what you really feel most comfortable with and you know you’ll like. If you love the pave shank and you want all the sparkle all the time, then you should totally do that because you’ll love it. Just be sure to show us the finished product!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW I agree with the others about the plain shank for the e ring. I think the pave would throw off the overall aesthetic. Very keen to see what you settle in and how it works out though!

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
@Deeveedee @lonysis @diamondseeker2006

Thank you for input! I am really really torn. I have always loved plain shanks with diamonds - so its hard to imagine every time someone says "do plain" my heart says "but why why why not little pave" haha. Im giving myself tomorrow to figure it out - better believe im searching every 3 stone hashtag on instagram!

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
@Deeveedee @lonysis @diamondseeker2006

Thank you for input! I am really really torn. I have always loved plain shanks with diamonds - so its hard to imagine every time someone says "do plain" my heart says "but why why why not little pave" haha. Im giving myself tomorrow to figure it out - better believe im searching every 3 stone hashtag on instagram!

I hear ya. I have pave in my e-ring shank and while it’s lovely I’m always like “but what if I just re-set in a plain gold band and go with a diamond wedding band” but I’m also not willing to let go of the pave yet lol I think I’m just indecisive by nature sometimes lol

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, your current solitaire is beautiful and your future reset your a 3 stone will also look wonderful. I personally have a three stone with a plain shank and I appreciate the versatility. That said, do whatever your heart desires. You can always change your ring in the future if the pavè ever starts bothering you, but it’s clear that is what you want at this time. I would probably prefer to see it with another pavè band vs a large single prong, but again you and you only will wear your rings. I would recommend that you at least wear them with a spacer otherwise the band will eat into your prongs very quickly. Meghan Markle also changed her ering from a plain shank to a pavè shank. Your inspiration also reminds me of one of the bachelorette rings. I am attaching some pics for you. Good luck with your decision making.

334941A5-E69F-4317-A55A-0DF7D2ED5F98.jpeg A68BC780-562F-4CAF-B8A2-30F145DC1A0E.jpeg 3F74FE2E-ACB0-486E-ABB7-1F266F82F590.jpeg

And this is mine: DC8B4A13-2BBD-4573-B257-1B84BEA9190B.jpeg

Last edited:

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
OP, your current solitaire is beautiful and your future reset your a 3 stone will also look wonderful. I personally have a three stone with a plain shank and I appreciate the versatility. That said, do whatever your heart desires. You can always change your ring in the future if the pavè ever starts bothering you, but it’s clear that is what you want at this time. I would probably prefer to see it with another pavè band vs a large single prong, but again you and you only will wear your rings. I would recommend that you at least wear them with a spacer otherwise the band will eat into your prongs very quickly. Meghan Markle also changed her ering from a plain shank to a pavè shank. Your inspiration also reminds me of one of the bachelorette rings. I am attaching some pics for you. Good luck with your decision making.

334941A5-E69F-4317-A55A-0DF7D2ED5F98.jpeg A68BC780-562F-4CAF-B8A2-30F145DC1A0E.jpeg 3F74FE2E-ACB0-486E-ABB7-1F266F82F590.jpeg

Aww thank you! Im excited

I was just reading about her ring! Honestly when I saw her ring - I knew I wanted to do a reset to three stone. And since we had so many wedding plans canceled this year - figured might be nice to just go a totally different avenue. 3 rings symbolize past / present / future and I love that. Esp with my husbands center stone between family stones.

Thank you for pulling the bachelor ring too! I do see with a real ring how sometimes the diamonds are actually really lost - however, my set would be closer to Megans. That said the new band DID change the look of her ring.

okay okay these are very good perspectives. On instagram the pave is unreal but I wonder if thats camera tricks too.. hmmm

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
And this is mine: DC8B4A13-2BBD-4573-B257-1B84BEA9190B.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Also forgot to see - yours is STUNNING (for some reason it didnt pop up on my phone but just did on the computer :) )

I know there are threads out there with 3 stones - but we should make a redo haha. There are so many beautiful three stones hidden throughout this thread - throughout all of my very indecisive posts. Back on the pave train haha - I just keep going back and forth (face palm)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results