shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval Hessonite from Richard Homer... how to set it??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 9:15:10 AM
Author: Kismet

Date: 8/14/2009 8:01:30 AM
Author: Little Monster

Date: 8/14/2009 3:22:54 AM

Author: ma re

A few good points have been made; #1 that a lot of diamonds might take a way from the stone, and you don''t want that with a native cut,
2.gif

I''m sorry, this really bothered me. I''m not sure Richard Homer''s work really qualifies as ''native cut.'' Thanks for the advice, but forgive me if I''m a little insulted.

I''m sure he meant to type ''concave'' and not ''native'' because with a poorly cut stone you do want to distract from the cut and your stone is in no way poorly cut.
That''s exactly what I wanted to type, but I get brainfarts every once in a while
9.gif
Sorry, didn''t mean any disrespect towards Mr. Homer or any of the PS''ers (embarrased).

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 8:11:11 AM
Author: Little Monster
Thanks everyone for your help!

D&T: I think it's a James Meyer setting? At first I wanted to say John Mayer, but I think he's in another line of work :p I'll keep searching for the image!
lol...
9.gif

Oh LM- I'm so sorry I"ve been scouring PS again looking for it and put different various search words for what I would have searched for myself back then or what I was thinking of. But I don't think it would be too much trouble to get it replicated if you like the design. Much apologies...
7.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Little Monster - I want to assure you that there is no question that Richard Homer''s work qualifies as precision cutting. He is an award winning cutter with stones in the Smithsonian. Here is an example of his award winning designs and cutting - a 40.65 ct round amethyst concave cut geodesic. He writes that it is the most difficult design he has ever created, with 21 culets!

Rest assured that you have purchased an heirloom quality stone, worthy of a very fine setting.

amy2546.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 6:07:46 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Little Monster - I want to assure you that there is no question that Richard Homer''s work qualifies as precision cutting. He is an award winning cutter with stones in the Smithsonian. Here is an example of his award winning designs and cutting - a 40.65 ct round amethyst concave cut geodesic. He writes that it is the most difficult design he has ever created, with 21 culets!

Rest assured that you have purchased an heirloom quality stone, worthy of a very fine setting.

amy2546.JPG
wowy!!!
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 6:12:56 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 8/14/2009 6:07:46 PM
Author: Fly Girl

amy2546.JPG
wowy!!!
30.gif
Oh my goodness, that is so cool looking!!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
look at that stone..very nice..the color is great..i do like that orangy-red color and of course the cut is fantastic..

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Great stone. I think you will really enjoy it. I think that putting the stone up against different metals is a good idea, so you can get an idea of what looks best for that stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey LM- I saw this and was thinking of you... not sure if you like this or not, it looks almost similar to the one I posted, except tapered shoulders but doesn''t go all the way to the bezel...

http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/24955

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results