shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Out of lurking... with a Tiffany Legacy ;)

piggies

Rough_Rock
My very first post here... I had been using this site and others to do detective work on my engagement ring before purchasing and surprisingly could not find a lot of info out there...
So I guess you can say I came out of lurkdom to share for educational purposes. Any questions about the buying experience or whatever, let me know. Oh, and there's no need for T&Co controversy, please. Was my ring overpriced in terms of what you get in platinum weight and carats? Absolutely... but it's worth every penny to me :)

Thanks for looking!

To start, some shady pictures on the patio table...

IMG_9288s.JPG

IMG_9289s.JPG

IMG_9286s.JPG

IMG_9287s.JPG

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it's fantastic! love love love!

piggies

Rough_Rock
A couple sunny pictures too! In lurking, I learned that all a handshot is mandatory :)

IMG_9054s.JPG

IMG_9056s.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous - what is the carat weight of the stone? Looks like a fabulous size on your hand!

What's important is that you have the ring you want - that's really all that matters!

Congrats and we'll take more pictures please!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! I've always loved the Legacy cut, and although there are replicas of the setting out there, that proprietary cut is so unique in it's own right that it simply can't be matched. Wear that spectacular ring in good health!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! please share more pics if you get a chance :)

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous ring, congrats

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your legacy is lovely, and has incredible finger presence!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring!!! :love: :love: :love: (What are the specs?)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! I agree, worth every penny! It is perfect!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! That stone is one of my favorite cuts. The step/cushion combo is genius!! Enjoy!!

Are you engaged yet? Is congratulations in order?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's lovely and looks great on your hand... would love a few more photos please! :))

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! :love:

Cachette :))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful! and the only thing that matters most is your happiness with the ring. Enjoy!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on your finger. Don't worry about any type of controversy here. Everyone has their own style and their own preferences, and all choices are respected and admired.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
So lovely! The legacy is my dream ring, so I'm slightly jealous of you ;)) It looks beautiful on your finger. Congratulations on your enegagement! :)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations!

piggies

Rough_Rock
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the nice things said. I have been engaged for a few months now... My then boyfriend and I were in the mall picking up something from another store when he suggested we take a quick look in Tiffany. I happily obliged. That day, they didn't have anything that we would have purchased, as everything was too big/small but I LOVED this setting. My fiance went back and picked me a stone from a selection the store called in for him and surprised me with it only a few weeks after we first looked. This was after feeding me a bunch of bull saying he wasn't looking for the immediate future and that I woulnd't be getting it any time soon, haha.

Stats:
Center stone: 1.00ct, I VS2
Another 0.32ct in F/G

piggies

Rough_Rock
MissGotRocks said:
Your ring is gorgeous - what is the carat weight of the stone? Looks like a fabulous size on your hand!

What's important is that you have the ring you want - that's really all that matters!

Congrats and we'll take more pictures please!

Actually, what really matters is that I am marrying the most wonderful man EVER next year... It's just icing on the cake that he's so generous to spend his hard earned money on the ring I wanted ;-)

piggies

Rough_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:
Absolutely stunning! I've always loved the Legacy cut, and although there are replicas of the setting out there, that proprietary cut is so unique in it's own right that it simply can't be matched. Wear that spectacular ring in good health!

Oh and as for replicas, I had been looking into replicas as well and even went as far as requesting a quote from Excel Diamonds. I never received a quote back, even though they acknowledged receiving my email and said they'd get back to be soon. And in the meantime, I watched Judah post a million times on here regarding his discussion on bias. So that was a little frustrating.
In the end though, I am extremely happy to have the real deal... I do love the cut and the size is perfect. I guess I could have gone up in cut/ color, but what's the point when I can't tell the difference? Another jeweler was surprised to learn it was an I color, but he could have been full of it too since we were shopping for wedding bands.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!!! the legacy is soooo beautiful and i agree with LTP that the cut of that stone really cannot be replicated - and while there are so many replica settings, the proportions of that ring are so elegant. You have beautiful hands too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations...its beautiful!!!

piggies

Rough_Rock
piggies said:
LaurenThePartier said:

Oh and as for replicas, I had been looking into replicas as well and even went as far as requesting a quote from Excel Diamonds. I never received a quote back, even though they acknowledged receiving my email and said they'd get back to be soon. And in the meantime, I watched Judah post a million times on here regarding his discussion on bias. So that was a little frustrating.
In the end though, I am extremely happy to have the real deal... I do love the cut and the size is perfect. I guess I could have gone up in cut/ color, but what's the point when I can't tell the difference? Another jeweler was surprised to learn it was an I color, but he could have been full of it too since we were shopping for wedding bands.

Bah, I meant clarity/color...

And thank you for the additional lovely comments!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and getting the ring you wanted. It's a spectular ring, and agree with LTP, that cut simply cannot be replicated. Gorgeous on your hand too. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I forgot to tell you above that I wear the Tiffany Legacy band! It was worth it to me because I haven't found another that I love as much!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is perfection!! I loooove the Legacy! Congratulations!!! :love: :love: :love:

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations piggies! Your Legacy is absolutely gorgeous and a classic design! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results