shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Visit to Brian Gavin Diamonds (and my CAD''s!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone! I do not post often, but I have been lurking daily since October, and I am so glad to have found PS, and, more specifically, Brian Gavin Diamonds! My boyfriend and I had the opportunity to visit Brian last Friday and pick a diamond out of several options. We were a little gunshy about buying sight unseen, and traveling to Houston is an experience we will always fondly remember. Brian spent an entire afternoon with us, educating us and walking us through the whole process. I really cannot recommend him or Lesley enough, and feel very lucky to have found such expert craftsmanship at an affordable price. Our entire experience has been truly outstanding (thanks Maisie for pointing me in the right direction!).

Anyway, last Friday Brian showed us four diamonds, an I, two G''s, and an H, all eyeclean SI1''s. I will post pictures of all of them, but we ended up choosing the H, as it met all of our criteria.

I will also attach the CAD''s, and any opinions would be appreciated, as I have not yet visited with Lesley about them. I, however, think they are fabulous!

Additionally, my ring size is a 6. I hope you all enjoy the pics!
1.gif

sjbgd1.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Ideal Scope:

sjbgd2.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Hearts:

sjbgd3.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
ASET:

sjbgd4.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Pic 1:

summerj1.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Pic 2:

summerj2.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
My diamond alone...

summerj3.jpg

rusticrhythm

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing! :)

Do you mind sharing the specs of each stone? :)

summertime

Shiny_Rock
With pear sidestones (my actual sidestones match perfectly, as seen in the CAD''s, these were just chosen quickly out of the bunch for reference):

summerj4pears.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
On my hand...

summerj5hand.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Photo by Brian...

Brian-Gavin-Signature1SJ.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Second photo by Brian...

Brian-Gavin-SignatureSJ.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
And finally, the CAD''s!

summerCADS.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 11:20:29 PM
Author: rusticrhythm
Thanks for sharing! :)

Do you mind sharing the specs of each stone? :)

The diamonds we viewed were the .922 G, the .905 G, the 1.05 I, and of course my .902 H. I'm sorry, I'm not sure of the exact order of them in the pictures.

Edited link.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you both, it''s a beautiful ring, I bet you can''t wait to get it
35.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
The CADs are great!! Can''t wait to see the final product!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its going to be gorgeous, how wonderful to spend an afternoon with Brian and Lesley playing with sparklies!

* sulks jealously...*

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks gorgeous, and so fantastic that you get to meet them in person and spend some time with them.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is going to be lovely!!
30.gif
Congrats!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE how the pears compliment that knife edge! It''s a winner!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 5:17:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
Its going to be gorgeous, how wonderful to spend an afternoon with Brian and Lesley playing with sparklies!

* sulks jealously...*
I am jealous too! I would love to meet them!

Your ring is going to be amazing!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you had such a great experience. It looks like your ring is going to be gorgeous. Please post pictures when it''s finished
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 11:07:37 AM
Author: MMT
I'm glad you had such a great experience. It looks like your ring is going to be gorgeous. Please post pictures when it's finished
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I will be sure to do this.
1.gif
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I gave Brian the okay to start, and he said it could be ready as early as the end of next week! Not sure about when the proposal will be though, I don't get much input on that...

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Oh I totally want round with pears, I am soo jealous. I can''t wait to see the finished beauty!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely! And what a fun way to buy your diamond.

You asked for comments on the CADs and I just have one: The center looks like it is set on the higher side. It''s a personal preference thing, I like low set rings, others like high... so just be sure you like the height! It is something you can easily adjust!

I can''t wait to see it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is going to be gorgeous!

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 6:33:41 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
It looks lovely! And what a fun way to buy your diamond.

You asked for comments on the CADs and I just have one: The center looks like it is set on the higher side. It''s a personal preference thing, I like low set rings, others like high... so just be sure you like the height! It is something you can easily adjust!

I can''t wait to see it!
Thanks Dreamer!

I asked about this, and the diamonds in the CAD''s are not set as low as they will be in the finished product. They are just superimposed in the CAD''s to provide an idea of what it will look like. I really appreciate your thoughts though!
1.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, summertime, it''s going to be STUNNING! I am GREEN with envy, I''m dying to reset my RB into a pear side stone setting! I can not WAIT to see yours finished! I''m a terrible judge of CAD''s........I just can''t see what it''s going to look like........I just know that with Brian doing the work it''s going to be STUNNING! I know dreamer_dachsie mentioned it seems set a bit on the high side----that happens to be EXACTLY what I''m most excited to see! This style of setting not quite so "Leon-low". PLEASE post pics asap! I know it''s going to be stunning! I know you got the .902 (gorgeous by the way!!!!!!!), what size are your pear side stones? It''s just gorgeous.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 7:37:46 PM
Author: Jenn5504
Ooooh, summertime, it''s going to be STUNNING! I am GREEN with envy, I''m dying to reset my RB into a pear side stone setting! I can not WAIT to see yours finished! I''m a terrible judge of CAD''s........I just can''t see what it''s going to look like........I just know that with Brian doing the work it''s going to be STUNNING! I know dreamer_dachsie mentioned it seems set a bit on the high side----that happens to be EXACTLY what I''m most excited to see! This style of setting not quite so ''Leon-low''. PLEASE post pics asap! I know it''s going to be stunning! I know you got the .902 (gorgeous by the way!!!!!!!), what size are your pear side stones? It''s just gorgeous.
Thanks Jenn! I created a thread in Rocky Talky a few weeks back about who I should get to do the setting, and it came down to either Brian or Leon. Leon''s work is fabulous, but I couldn''t find anything of his like I wanted with a stone that was anywhere close to 1 ct, so I couldn''t really envision it. I know what you mean about his settings be a little low too. Also, I haven''t made many big jewelry purchases, so customer service was very important to me, and I could not be more satisfied. Brian and Lesley are both great and have worked so hard to make sure I''m getting exactly what I want. I''m sure Leon would''ve been a great choice too and has been for many people, but I don''t think I could be any happier than I am now.

The pear sides are .42 cttw. I love them! Nothing ever got me quite like a three stone with pears, and I''ve been through the eye-candy folder several times! I will be sure to post hand pics (probably more of them than anyone cares to see) as soon as I get it!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results