shape
carat
color
clarity

Our upgrade after 12 years

MxMom

Rough_Rock
(This is a repost, I'll delete the story on the original post)

I've been married for 12 years to an amazing guy. We knew one another three weeks prior to becoming engaged and buying my engagment ring. (We were married four months later.) We purchased a beautiful setting with six princess cut stones all a .20 ct, three down each side and then room for a solitaire. . Well, we wanted to have children so we went with moissionite (my idea) and said we'd upgrade at five years after we were done having kids, five years later we dealt with infertility trying to have our second daughter and never even thought of a upgrading. At 10 years we kind of forgot about it as we were busy raising two daughters. Our girls are now 10 and 5. My sweet husband surprised me with a 1 ct princess cut diamond, SG1, H color. We talked about changing from yellow gold to white gold so he encouraged me to find a new setting. During all of this, we also upgraded his ring, I took three of my side stones and put them in a custom wedding band and the three stone represent me and our two girls. While we are not princesses, he treats us as if we were. I finally got my ring yesterday and we should be getting his this week.

We were working with a friend who is a wholesale and is associated with a jeweler and is very talented. We looked everywhere for something we both liked. My husband wanted something more than a thin band and didn't like the look of a split shank but wanted a halo. We found a Simon G ring we liked but it only came in a round halo. So, I went looking on the internet and found this setting with www.since1910.com. Buying a diamond over the internet was scary but Brad worked with me and I really love it. My local jeweler looked very closely at this ring and while he could have duplicated it, he couldn't do it for the same price. When he set the center stone (the ring was made around its dimensions), he said the craftsmanship was excellent.

The center stone: H color, SG1, 1 ct
Two G-H color, SI, princess cut stones tcw .46
206 round brilliant pave set stones H color, SG1 tcw 1.29
Size 4.75

Sorry if this is long winded. While it is not an engagement story, it is probably more special today that he "remembered" and it was a complete surprise.

Hoping I attach these photos correctly! They're not great but I couldn't get my canon to focus properly. I'm in awe of the gorgeous rings on here!

15ydkqd.jpg

35jlanr.jpg

34q497d.jpg

2dbs1s0.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!

Bling!!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I love it, it is gorgeous !!!! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's reallllly beautiful and I love your story. Thank you for sharing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved your story and your new ring is just beautiful! You must be in sparkle heaven!

Enjoy!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very unique and that is one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
thank you for sharing your journey - congrats on your stunning upgrade!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
its gorgeous!!!! well worth the 12 year wait :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the story (other things are definitly more important than a ring!) Your ring is beautiful. It looks to be worth the wait!
Congratulations!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for sharing. Your new ring is just gorgeous! It was well worth the wait.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Yowza!
Congrts on your anniversary and gorgeous upgrade! Beautiful!

MxMom

Rough_Rock
Why we chose moissoinate all those years ago:

d5qw1.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story and ring! :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful upgrade! Your daughters are even more beautiful. :love: :love: :love:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tigian said:
Beautiful upgrade! Your daughters are even more beautiful. :love: :love: :love:

I couldn't agree more! The details on the setting are just beautiful, and the story behind it is very touching.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely lovely story! Many congrats on your upgrade! :love: the pic of your beautiful girls!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and sweet story!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, love your story and your ring! You have two beautiful daughters as well. The whole package!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story, beautiful ring and even more beautiful girls! Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results