shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Our Sapphire Engagement Ring

jewellerbot

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers,

This was originally posted in the Colored Stones forum and I was encouraged to post it here.

I have been lurking around for awhile now, taking in all the great information on this website. I don't have much insight to contribute beyond what many of the great posters here already offer, so I haven't posted anything yet.

I'd like to thank you all for providing your insight and knowledge, it was a great help with my search for a perfect engagement ring. My fiancee loves the ring, and we are planning our wedding now (and I thought finding the ring was hard work...)

During my several month ordeal to find my sapphire, I have dealt with Ed Bristol (Wildfish), Peter Grumitt (Apsara), and finally Marc Sarosi (Africa Gems). All of these gentlemen were great to deal with and I would recommend them all for their great service. After having my sixth sapphire mailed back and forth, I decided on an unheated 2.29 carat cushion from Burma. Many thanks to Marc Sarosi for his patience in helping me find the perfect sapphire. It's a darker blue that has good saturation and holds its colour very well in all light conditions.

I decided long ago to have Victor Canera craft my ring setting. I think he did a wonderful job and will likely go back to him for our wedding bands.

These pictures were taken outside under very cloudy conditions with no sunlight. If we have time, we'll try to take pictures with better lighting conditions.

ring_4-a.jpg

ring_3-a.jpg

ring_2-a.jpg

ring_1-a.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!!! Please please post a hand shot!

(And lol, planning a wedding is MUCH harder than ring shopping!!)

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Definitely put up some hand shots :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! :appl: I really love it! Great sapphires are SO hard to find!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, and of course VC is amazing :lickout:

bo186

Rough_Rock
starrynight|1372902705|3477037 said:
Stunning! Definitely put up some hand shots :D

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I love sapphires too. Congratulations!!!

jewellerbot

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. It'll take some convincing to have my fiancee do some hand shots but I'll try!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is truly stunning. I'd take that over a diamond ANY day of the week. The color is unreal!!!!!!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg it is gorgeous!!! congratulations on the engagement!!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza! Delicious! There's just something so breathtaking about a beautiful blue sapphire and a diamond halo. Classic.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a beautiful ring! The color is really gorgeous! :appl: Well done!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Classy and gorgeous!!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! I have a soft spot for sapphires, and yours is truly gorgeous. What a lucky lady.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite stone and it's gorgeous. Congratulations!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic!! Gorgeous sapphire and the VC setting is totally TDF!! Claw prongs!! I love claw prongs!! I live and breath claw prongs!! Its absolutely stunning - I hope you'll post all sorts of hand/sun/flower pics real soon - we need MORE of this beauty! Congratulations !

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally stunning! The color is perfect, the setting to die for! What kind of band will you put with it?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I NEED to see this on your hand. It is so beautiful.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DITTO!!!!

diamondvols

Rough_Rock
So beautiful! I've been seeing more and more sapphire engagement rings (as opposed to diamonds) and I think they are a great alternative. Classic, but not totally conformist. Wear it in good health. It's stunning. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring!! Congratulations. VC's work is always so perfect and beautiful. :appl: :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor's pave is always amazing. Congrats on a stunning ring!!!!

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Please join me in congratulating Jewellerbot, this has been featured for Throwback Thursday! :kiss2: TBT 8.25.22

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results