shape
carat
color
clarity

Options for 3-stone Emerald Cut RHR (2ctw)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would also...raise the shank so the side stones don't peek out over? this is just my preference though...

this picture shows what I mean...it could certainly be less blocky though but this is what I came up with in Paint :)

emerald3stone_0.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with SLG... she wants the shank to taper up to the trellis... like this ring here.

As for a slightly slimmer shank... one, comfort, two it will make the design of the stones and the stones themselves be the star.

23763.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I definitely like the metal coming up to the diamonds - nice paint job SLG :appl:

The trellis band is gorgeous and it's exactly the kind of look I was hoping for. Something a little softer around the prongs. Although I think a rounder shank may suit the 3-stone better as the 5-stone goes all the way across the top. I actually sent my jeweler a similar image below - seems like you read my mind!

ritaniband1098.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the shank on that Ritani band, it is perfect.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thought I'd add a photo of a similar ring from blue nile. It has the same sized diamonds and a similar band width. I still get confused about width and thickness. Should have revised CAD for my ring coming very soon!

bn01.jpg

bn2.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Revised CAD for the stones has come in. I asked for the ring to be made thinner and a comfort fit added - I think it's improved. The jeweler made the changes as I requested but I'm still so unsure about the basket/trellis and the band joining onto the prongs.

Comments, feedback...help?

5840 - 3st emerald5.jpg

5840 - 3st emerald4.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And for something different - an alternative style that's squarer/heavier than the tiff@ny I found on the SMTB thread belonging to Zhuzhu. Obviously her diamonds are much bigger than mine and I believe this is an e-ring so a different sentiment but the setting may still have comparison value.

Thanks Zhuzhu for the inspiration.

Po-zhuzhu--.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another comparison with the original mall ring that was used as the basis for my design. I asked first for a non-crossover trellis, then for the rounded basket.

2011-07-23_18-18-20_352.jpg

2011-07-23_18-18-09_286 FLIP.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think the CAD is improved but I really like the blue nile setting! but...you should get what you like the best.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support SLG. I have a hard time imagining 2D objects in 3D - especially rings. I haven't tried on any EC settings with thickness in between the Tiffny and gold-band, I wish I could try the BlueNile. I prefer the latest CAD too but still don't feel 100% even though I can't point to anything specific. This and metal-indecision is making the task at hand a little intimidating.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quick question for anyone with experience with custom made items. I posted the latest CAD above and my jeweler has asked what I think. Would it be out of line for me to ask for a few days / a week so I can think about it, note any change requests and generally let the pressure ease a little?

Is it wise to push the pause button or could this just confound matters - think long, think wrong?

...tips on overcoming indecision?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
can't wait to see the final product!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results