shape
carat
color
clarity

Options for 1.5 ERD cushion. Split shank or modified Soleste

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock
Hello again,
I would love some advice/opinions on what setting to choose.
Firstly to show you the stone I’ll be using– here is my new stone :appl: that I have purchased from Mark at ERD. I haven’t seen it IRL but I took a chance on Mark based on his rep around here. The price was right for me -under $10k and for a 1.5 I think it has good size (nabbed it just before the $ hike). I was hoping for more rectangular than square, so again a tick from me. I will upload the cert and photo for your feedback (although I have already purchased it so I hope I don’t get too much negative critiquing).

Setting options to follow...

AGS_1_50ctGSI1.jpg

1_50GSI1.jpg

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock
Re: Options for 1.5 ERD cushion. Split shank or modified Sol

So onto my request of help with settings!
Last year I tried on a HW Micropave halo while on holidays. Whilst I LOVE the halo look and the extra bling, the fitted shank on MY finger looks :knockout: (Shame because I loved it on others). I know now that I need a more graduated shank with a little bit of a cathedral/basket setting (Not sure of the correct terminology so apologies in advance). Whilst looking for a halo with this criteria I found Gwen split shank from Eternity Diamonds . Tried the replica and really loved it. Was really surprised by the workmanship and the price - well it's crazy reasonalbe! I didn’t love the prongs on the setting and after contacting Yoni he told me they could make little changes for me (for a really reasonable fee). Whilst emailing with Yoni and telling him the different things I loved in other rings he basically came back telling me he could do either of the different things I asked for (at same price :love: ) so now I’m trying to decide which way to go.

Option 1.The Gwen split shank – with delicate prongs that curve around the top of the stone rather than the thick straight up ones as shown. They will also include additional melee on the east/west of the ‘inner donut’ (which currently is just metal – not visible on the pics here).

7401D.jpg

thum_7401UP.jpg

thum_7401.jpg

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock

Option 2.The Gwen split shank – prongs as above AND with a BASKET setting underneath the stone (instead of the current profile). For reference I showed them the side profile of the Tiffany Soleste halo ring and Charmypoo's split profile (I hope that's ok for reference Charmypoo? I know they are different but just explaining what I meant by 'basket' under the stone. I'm happy to have the shank meet the basket at the bottom). Incidentally I tried the Soleste on in store and was almost reduced to tears by how damn good it looked on my finger! It’s super delicate IRL. I googled the image and found one on here! So I hope it’s ok that I post this from Frosted.

soleste side.jpg

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rock2.jpg

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock

Option 3.
The Tiffany Soleste replica (modified with one row on the halo, not 2)

http://au.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?GroupSKU=GRP10060

Cost would quite similar for any of these options. I previously had not considered a Tiffany Soleste style because I thought budget would blow out. Now that I am told they can do either of these options for VERY similar costs then it has put my thinking into a spin.

If price wasn’t an option and this was you, what would you decide?
BTW - I understand I'm not getting a Leon or one of the other amazing pieces I have seen on this site. I'm also not paying $$$$$ and I did really like the replica I saw for the GWEN and for the price that's why I chose it (didn't like any of the other replicas btw). Now that other options are 'on the table' I'm nervous that maybe I should stick with what I saw because the work on that piece was great (IMO). I guess it's a stab in the dark if they can replicate other pieces just as good. I dont know...I haven't seen too many ED pieces on here - maybe it's worth the risk? (they said they would let me return it for less 25% if I really didn't like it)..

Thanks for your time - I know this post has been detailed. Would love your thoughts. :appl:

images.jpg

imagesCAOLL30X.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your diamond is so beautiful!!! I love the first setting... I think it would really show off how fabulous it is.. :love: :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I prefer option 2, though they are all beautiful!

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock

yennyfire|1307100461|2936799 said:
I prefer option 2, though they are all beautiful!

I also prefer Option # 2 and feel like it would compliment the faceting pattern really well (clean Art Deco-ish) :D

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd go with the first setting too, I think it would look great with your stone without being too much.

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock

Another vote for the second setting! Your stone is gorgeous and i think the second setting would put it on the appropriate "pedestal"!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

option 1. you already tried it on and liked it. also I would advise against putting pave on the bottom donut if you want to wear it with a band...the pave there could scratch a band.

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much for taking the time to help. Yup I'm going to go with option 1 - with the little ammendments on the prongs. I lvoe option 2 but i think i'm nervous to change too much....Sometimes it helps just throwing it out there to decide! (I will admit I had a thought over the weekend about how nice a split shank would be with french cuts :naughty: but I had to stop! Thanks folks. I'll keep you updated x

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results