Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you vote for her?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being I'm not from either major party, it would say it would depend on her platform.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO. Hell to the F#ck no.

I do not want another unqualified celebrity in the office of the president ever, EVER again.

My country isn’t a reality show. The people of this country aren’t a part of some game. The world economy and relations aren’t something to be handled on a celebrity learning curve. We need qualified, intelligent people handling our politics.

I’m so pissed that this is now becoming an option for over inflated celebrity minds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO. Hell to the F#ck no.

I do not want another unqualified celebrity in the office of the president ever, EVER again.

My country isn’t a reality show. The people of this country aren’t a part of some game. The world economy and relations aren’t something to be handled on a celebrity learning curve. We need qualified, intelligent people handling our politics.

I’m so pissed that this is now becoming an option for over inflated celebrity minds.

OK so I admit to knowing very LITTLE about politics except for the fact it sickens me generally and hate all our current politicians. Not just Trump. But all of them. I freaking hate our freaking mayor but NM on that.

Don't we need someone with common sense? And doesn't Oprah have just that? IDK I feel she would be a complete 100% improvement on who is there now and in fact a huge improvement on any of the potential future candidates. But again I freely admit to being politically ignorant right now especially because I cannot stomach the news or what this current administration is doing to destroy our country. :knockout::blackeye:

So I could be completely wrong about Oprah being a good candidate but she is so likable and has so much good sense IMO. She is a smart woman.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so I admit to knowing very LITTLE about politics except for the fact it sickens me generally and hate all our current politicians. Not just Trump. But all of them. I freaking hate our freaking mayor but NM on that.

Don't we need someone with common sense? And doesn't Oprah have just that? IDK I feel she would be a complete 100% improvement on who is there now and in fact a huge improvement on any of the potential future candidates. But again I freely admit to being politically ignorant right now especially because I cannot stomach the news or what this current administration is doing to destroy our country. :knockout::blackeye:

So I could be completely wrong about Oprah being a good candidate but she is so likable and has so much good sense IMO. She is a smart woman.
Missy,

With all due respect, the thinking you describe above is the same as a Trump voter’s thinking, you’ve just replaced it with Oprah. The only thing that is making it better in your mind is that Oprah is a better person.

Oprah is no better qualified to be president than Trump.

The Trump voters thought he would be qualified due to certain attributes he had, he could tell it like it is, he “honest,” he was a savvy businessman, etc. The bottom line is that he had no real knowledge of what is takes to be president. He still doesn’t and he’s running our country into the ground ... and has us close to nuclear war.

Our highest office requires our most qualified individuals, not celebrities and not celebrity business people.

If Oprah is honestly considering running for president without even going into congress first to learn anything about our political system, then she’s no better than Trump. She’s willing to take the lives of billions of people into her hands just to boost her ego.

The Trump voters think he is a smart person too.

Personally, I am over the celebrity president thing. We will need a hero to undo Trump’s mess. That won’t be Oprah.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,

With all due respect, the thinking you describe above is the same as a Trump voter’s thinking, you’ve just replaced it with Oprah. The only thing that is making it better in your mind is that Oprah is a better person.

Oprah is no better qualified to be president than Trump.

The Trump voters thought he would be qualified due to certain attributes he had, could tell it like it is, “honest,” savvy businessman, etc. The bottom line is that he had no real knowledge of what is takes to be president. He still doesn’t and he’s running our country into the ground ... and has us close to nuclear war.

Our highest office requires our most qualified individuals, not celebrities and not celebrity business people.

If Oprah is honestly considering running for president without even going into congress first to learn anything about our political system, then she’s no better than Trump. She’s willing to take the lives of billions of people into her hands just to boost her ego.

The Trump voters think he is a smart person too.

Personally, I am over the celebrity president thing. We will need a hero to undo Trump’s mess. That won’t be Oprah.

House Cat I appreciate your honesty. I guess I am having a knee jerk reaction to a jerk in the White House. I stand corrected and hope we have a qualified candidate for President in 2020. Fingers crossed! At this point I am ready to nominate Francesca (my kitty) for President. That's how desperate I am feeling.:lol:

And she already has
her crown...oh wait, wrong country.:lol:

hrhandcrown.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Oprah. But she's not a politician.
I managed to rarely miss a show in all those years.
She turned me on to Ekhart Tolle, a spiritual teacher who got me through a really rough patch in my life.

I could never understand why people dislike her......oh wait, I remember now! It's because she's an intelligent, accomplished woman! Just like Martha Stewart, (who was thrown in prison, as we all remember), Elizabeth Warren,
Gloria Allred, and so many other women who don't get the respect that men get. :angryfire:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with House Cat - this isn't some reality show, it's reality, and yes, it's super tough right now. And the reality is, candidates don't have platforms, groups of people do. Being a party of one is just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And hating all politicians is s cop out. Politicians are us. They are the mirror of what we're willing to put up with. Complaining doesn't change that fact.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with House Cat - this isn't some reality show, it's reality, and yes, it's super tough right now. And the reality is, candidates don't have platforms, groups of people do. Being a party of one is just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And hating all politicians is s cop out. Politicians are us. They are the mirror of what we're willing to put up with. Complaining doesn't change that fact.

Well at least I am consistent. As I don't care for most people...:???:

But I hear you and get what you are saying. Yanno it was sort of tongue in cheek or whatever that saying is but yes you are right. Hating all politicians doesn't do anything to solve the problems our country has but the fact remains is yes I do hate them and not sure what 2020 will bring. I mean we exist in a world where TRUMP was elected. So I am not going to pretend I am not dejected about the state of political affairs. I haven't given up though and that is a point to make here. I still vote and I still do what I can for change for the better but no I am not in a positive frame of mind re our political system. I don't have any answers but happy to hear anyone who does.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see her as President, but I believe she's too intelligent to run for any political office.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see her as President, but I believe she's too intelligent to run for any political office.

Hahaha, yes that was my very first thought when I read the title for this thread. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t agree more with @House Cat and @ksinger . I saw this thread and my first reaction was NOOOOOOOOO!!!

I have been looking into who will be running as my local and state representatives and volunteering to help get candidates elected who I feel are good candidates. I’ve also made MANY phone calls to these same reps to let them know how I want them to vote. Saying you hate all politicians is nothing more than a cop out in my opinion. If you unhappy with our current situation get involved to bring about changes in a positive way. My local rep is a Republican who actually ran a commercial saying we owe him a big thank you for voting to approve this new damn tax. If nothing more Trump has opened my eyes to what can happen when we don’t get involved and do what we can to get good candidates elected. Isn’t it our job as women to protected the rights of future generations of women?

A big THANK YOU to @AGBF , @monarch , @t-c , @lovedogs ,@katharath @dee-Jay , @House Cat @Tekate @ericad and @ksinger. Your words in these political threads really drove home the fact we all have the power to bring about change.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if you can have Trump, Reagan and Bush as Presidents then why not. No political background or not, at least she is articulate and intelligent. It could be worse it could be a Kardashian.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t agree more with @House Cat and @ksinger . I saw thitead and my first reaction was NOOOOOOOOO!!!

I have been looking into who will be running as my local and state representatives and volunteering to help get candidates elected who I feel are good candidates. I’ve also made MANY phone calls to these same reps to let them know how I want them to vote. Saying you hate all politicians is nothing more than a cop out in my opinion. If you unhappy with our current situation get involved to bring about changes in a positive way. My local rep is a Republican who actually ran a commercial saying we owe him a big thank you for voting to approve this new damn tax. If nothing more Trump has opened my eyes to what can happen when we don’t get involved and do what we can to get good candidates elected. Isn’t it our job as women to protected the rights of future generations of women?

LOL weren't you involved before Trump was elected? I know I did my part too Callie for little good it did.

The thing is if you criticize people for complaining that could turn some of them off and then make things even worse. People need to be heard to feel that their concerns aren't being dismissed. One of the reasons IMO Trump got elected is many felt marginalized and wanted their voices to be heard and they thought Trump would do that for them. Of course that was a huge mistake most PSers saw coming but the fact remains if you dismiss people's concerns and worries and fears they might turn to a candidate for the wrong reasons...we aren't like that but this past election showed that many people are and do make big mistakes when they feel they aren't heard.

Of course it is our duty to protect future generations. Not just of women but of all people. The question is how? Of course we cannot give up but heck yes I will vent and cry about the situation because it gives me the strength to carry on after I get it out. And I will continue crying about this for as long as I need to. YMMV.

And yes I loathe most if not all politicians because even if their intentions are good the system corrupts them. And I don't have any answers. Just lots of questions. And I am hoping that the smart and strong people in this country will bring about positive change.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If someone said Elvis I'd say yes now too. The bar is not set too high right now. :confused2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, even though she seems very charismatic. I’d prefer someone who knows how politics works.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
NO. Hell to the F#ck no.

Amen! The job of POTUS is incredibly hard and we need someone who is prepared and able to do it from the start — not someone who would need to learn on the job.

What we see is only a small part of the presidency — we know Obama, Clinton, even W took work home and studied — which is why reports of Trump not reading or shortening his workday is just strange. We need someone with knowledge of public policy, government affairs, and politics. And we need a omeone who has diplomatic and political skills, which is not the same as popularity or likability.

If Oprah, or anyone, wants to become president, she should gain government and political experience first. People wouldn’t want their company to hire a CEO or CFO with no experience in business, why they keep wanting to elect novices for the hardest job in the world is just beyond me.

Maybe people forget that Reagan served as union president and governor of California and had 2 failed presidential bids before he was elected president.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CNN just sent out a message that a friend if Oprah says she is considering running for President

Missy, I’ve always voted. I’m talking about volunteering and getting more involved to bring about change. I’ve never considered just voting gettting involved as I feel we all should vote.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CNN just sent out a message that a friend if Oprah says she is considering running for President

She has said in the past that she will not run...I don't really think she will run. And truthfully after reading what y'all wrote I agree and she doesn't have the necessary political background and connections and knowledge and I don't want her to be president. Though I stand by the comments that she is smart and has a lot of good sense. One of the reasons I doubt she will run. :cheeky:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
LOL weren't you involved before Trump was elected? I know I did my part too Callie for little good it did.

The thing is if you criticize people for complaining that could turn some of them off and then make things even worse. People need to be heard to feel that their concerns aren't being dismissed. One of the reasons IMO Trump got elected is many felt marginalized and wanted their voices to be heard and they thought Trump would do that for them. Of course that was a huge mistake most PSers saw coming but the fact remains if you dismiss people's concerns and worries and fears they might turn to a candidate for the wrong reasons...we aren't like that but this past election showed that many people are and do make big mistakes when they feel they aren't heard.

Of course it is our duty to protect future generations. Not just of women but of all people. The question is how? Of course we cannot give up but heck yes I will vent and cry about the situation because it gives me the strength to carry on after I get it out. And I will continue crying about this for as long as I need to. YMMV.

And yes I loathe most if not all politicians because even if their intentions are good the system corrupts them. And I don't have any answers. Just lots of questions. And I am hoping that the smart and strong people in this country will bring about positive change.

Don’t parrot this BS. How have Trump voters been marginalized? Studies have shown most who supported Trump weren’t the ones hurting the most economically. Perhaps then they been marginalized sociologically. Is it because of Black Lives Matter, Equal Rights for everyone, and Equal Pay for Equal Work? If these people are marginalized by movements that try to be inclusive, how then do you accommodate the group that does not want that inclusiveness? You can’t. You don’t.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t parrot this BS. How have Trump voters been marginalized? Studies have shown most who supported Trump weren’t the ones hurting the most economically. Perhaps then they been marginalized sociologically. Is it because of Black Lives Matter, Equal Rights for everyone, and Equal Pay for Equal Work? If these people are marginalized by movements that try to be inclusive, how then do you accommodate the group that does not want that inclusiveness? You can’t. You don’t.

Not at all. I have been racking my brain to figure out how Trump got elected. I still don't get it. How did he get to be President? I genuinely don't understand.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whether I would vote for her depends on her platform and who the other options were.

But -- and it pains me deeply to say this -- I can't imagine her winning because there are too many people who will not vote for a(nother) black candidate and/or a woman, and combine the two and I think it's a sure loose. A sad reality in the world I believe we live in.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy, I’ve always voted. I’m talking about volunteering and getting more involved to bring about change. I’ve never considered just voting gettting involved as I feel we all should vote.

Yes I agree. We should all vote but sadly this is far from what happens. So I will include this as getting involved since so many simply *don’t* vote. :blackeye: It would be a good start if everyone who could vote would.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all. I have been racking my brain to figure out how Trump got elected. I still don't get it. How did he get to be President? I genuinely don't understand.

Trump was elected with the votes of people we never would have thought would elect an unqualified women-hating dotard.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump was elected with the votes of people we never would have thought would elect an unqualified women-hating dotard.

What breaks my heart when I relive this election and the continuing nightmare is that if everyone who could have voted would have voted Clinton would be president now. Or at least I hope and think that would have been the case.

E B

Ideal_Rock
So, I would normally be in agreement with those who said HELL NO. However, Oprah is a 'celebrity' because she worked her ass off and has accomplished a great deal. She is lightyears more savvy and intelligent than Mr. Born-on-third, thinks-he-hit-a-triple. I do think that if she ran for President, she would educate herself in any areas she needed to.

That said, I wouldn't say yes until I heard her platform and saw an impressive campaign with good debates and interviews. Any hesitance isn't because of her celebrity, it's because she seems to be a little too eager to believe in or cater to junk science/psychology. We've had enough of that, and I'd need to hear her disavow that to consider her.

E B

Ideal_Rock
She actually cares about people, too- she contributes more to charity than any other celebrity by a mile, supposedly, much to education. That's a HUGE deal in successful politics and something our current president lacks. His narcissism drives his dangerous decisions and hopefully, he will be the biggest mistake we learn from for generations. Each new generation polls more compassionate than the last, so here's hoping.

(All of this isn't to say I'd vote for her, but I wouldn't count her out just yet.)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results