shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions wanted: what colour of pearls should I buy first?

What colour of Pearl strand should I buy first

• White

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Multi-colour

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually have a baroque pearl necklace I received as a gift a while ago which I used to wear! But over time I feel like I don’t like how the organic shapes look on me.

I’ll check out Kojima as well, for inspiration if nothing else. I spoke to my mom yesterday and she will ask her source for Tahitians (perhaps I will go for slightly off-round instead of perfect rounds for cost effectiveness). Will take them some time to source since they aren’t very popular where my mom lives. I think I need to see them on me to decide once and for all :)
Park those baroque pearls up in a holding bay
i feel once we have got your first modern day purchase out of the way we can make those baroques into a project for you ... im thinking a long station necklass with intermittent large semi precious gem stones ...

The beauty of pearls is we can all take a leaf out of @MakingTheGrade 's book and just keep making our pearls over and over - either till they are perfect or maybe just for fun
As Queen Elizbeth ii says, Pearls like to be worn

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I feel like it’s absolutely fine for non Indian ladies to wear, even outside of India. Anything that doesn’t invoke religious symbolism for me is fair game - culture should be shared! The necklace is just a necklace, and is one of those necklaces that actually wouldn’t look too much or out of place on western wear. I say you rock it :D

And if you’re really serious about getting one, a nice faux version would run you something like US$150-250. They come in teenlada (3 line) and satlada (7 line) versions too. A ‘real’ one will obviously vary depending on price of various factors but the one pictured would probably run you ~US$4.5-5k.

Once im on a better financials footing i would definitely love to buy one
Faux pieces can be very beautiful

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
On tv i just saw a young lady farner in the cow shed with pearl earings
can you get any more casual than a milking shed ?

I once got in a necklace for re-stringing from a farmer's wife. She said she wore it all the time, even for milking and mucking out. I could tell!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I once got in a necklace for re-stringing from a farmer's wife. She said she wore it all the time, even for milking and mucking out. I could tell!

Our quad bike came from a dairy farm also
We could also tell
My mind now boogles at what the old silk must have looked like !

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Our quad bike came from a dairy farm also
We could also tell
My mind now boogles at what the old silk must have looked like !

It looked twice the thickness and brown. The pearls took a lot of washing! A lot.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This thread is a fun read!

I love edge-y pearl pieces. Here is one on my shirt list:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kind of. Just been going through some personal things… I think this Pearl project is probably shelved for the moment :/

Like my daisy necklace (only more $$$ ;)2 )
Hopefully not so much shelved as just sitting on the back burner waiting for their time

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results