shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions pls very confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I am new to PS and was looking into purchasing a princess cut diamond for my e-ring I love the look of them and I thought I was set. I was looking in the range of 1.25-1.50. After reading all the wonderful information I started talking to WF about their ACA princess cuts and had my heart set on a 1.54 stone then I saw this really nice 2.00 also ACA but figured I could up my budget and get it and I thought I was all set.

I decided though that I should not just explore one vendor and I had heard a ton of good stuff about GOG so I went to their sight and started reading about Square H&A and there was all this info about how much better they perform in terms of light return and that they leave a princess cuts quite far behind and that they really perform like a lot of the stunning RBs that many of you lovely ladies already have in your e-rings and I got to thinking maybe I should consider these.

I currently attend school so I need to get a diamond that is gorgeous and that I can live with until I can upgrade which will not happen for a while.
So long story short I talked to Tim from GOG and he recommended a 2.11 I (he told me it would face up really white) SI1 (totally eyeclean) Square H&A and it is not a significant amount more than the ACA princess that I had picked out.
So my question is what should I do????
They look awesome.
The Square H&A is a bit bigger, a bit more expensive,lower in color, and clarity
The ACA Princess is very high clarity which I didn''t really want b/c you can''t really see it but that was what they had in stock in terms of the dimensions etc that I wanted, its color is a bit higher and of course it''s a bit cheaper.
There is no chance that I will be able to see either in person I live quite far away and can''t really make a trip to either texas or ny to view them so I am relying on all you nice people to talk me through it a bit and then maybe I can decide for myself.
I want to make the right decision pls help
33.gif

Anyway I have attached the link to both diamonds for anyone who is interested in having a look.
Thanks so much in advance!
9.gif

Oh and does anyone know if Square H&As face up smaller than princesses?? I asked Tim he said they are very similar to princesses but would be interested in what anyone else who may have expert knowledge would have to say.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1255/

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-78229.htm

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
both stones are going to be beautiful. I''d pick the square H&A just b/c I prefer it to a princess..

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
Well I''m in the process of buying a square H&A so I may be a bit biased.

If you haven''t had a chance take a look at some of the videos on the GOG site:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/video/
There is one that shows princess and square H&As next to each other.

They look very different to me - it may be that you clearly prefer one over the other. For example, I don''t like the pointy corners on the princess cuts - maybe you prefer those kind of corners.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 3:48:45 PM
Author: mrssalvo
both stones are going to be beautiful. I''d pick the square H&A just b/c I prefer it to a princess..
Ditto.

The square H&A in this case is facing up slightly larger. It looks beautiful!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Double ditto! The I will face up white and it''s eyeclean... and it''s bigger. Plus I prefer the square H&A... AND I love the cut corner look. Looks similar to a few tiffany cuts honestly.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I too would go with the square H&A stone. I like their cut corners and it''s an easier stone to set without damaging it cause of the corners. Also it gives you more setting options, like claw prongs.
9.gif
Not that we want input into your setting choice....

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone this helps but I haven''t made a final decision yet but I need to soon. Stone Hunter either way I was thinking about a shared prong eternity setting. If I went with the princess I would get the v prongs but I guess with the SH&A I could use just a 4 prong.

I would still appreciate anyone else chipping in with advice on this question.
21.gif

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
As long as you are OK with the color on the square H&A, that would be my pick, as it has more size and I like that facet pattern a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results