shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please experts. . .cushion specs WITH PHOTOS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d best be hearing that you''ve bought this beautiful sucker soon. You''re thread made me go, under a cloudy threatening sky, all the way to my nearest Daniel K dealer to get a cushion fix today for lunch!!! That''s right lady, you did that!! And honey, if you don''t buy that sucker soon, I''m gonna have to find a way to finance it. And you do NOT want to be liable for the arrest record I''m gonna wrack up selling myself on the streets!!!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m no expert, but I know what I like, and I LIKE that stone.
30.gif

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
Gypsy - LOL. I gave the ok today. I was so stressed by the fact that I wasn''t going to see it in real life, but Mr. Pearlman reassured me that it was beautiful! BTW he says to say "hi" to you! I asked him about the alignment of the pavilion and crown mains, and he said that it wasn''t something that I needed to worry about. Now it''s off to Ritani to get set in the Endless Love w/o Halo (we''ll be ring twins Neatfreak!). Ritani is making both rings 2mm wide, as I like the look of the slightly bigger band on my hand!

Traveling Gal - I''ve spent a good amount of time ogling your ring! If my cushion is even half as lovely as yours, I will be so happy!

Thanks for your input everyone, I really appreciate it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
PEARLMAN''S IS THE VENDOR FOR THAT CUSHION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
33.gif
Wow, and I mean that. I had no idea. I was wondering who the vendor was as I knew it wasn''t ERD, WF or GOG... ERD doesn''t have an IS and WF and GOG have Sarins... but WOW. I have to say, Mark has some cushion "king" competition.

Now I feel even better about this. I love Pearlmans, and trust Bill implicitly. Smart of you to keep the vendor to yourself, though. Great job! It''s going to look AMAZING the the ritani. Fabulous choice!

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2007 12:03:01 AM
Author: yamsicle
I asked him about the alignment of the pavilion and crown mains, and he said that it wasn't something that I needed to worry about.
I hope DG and me didn't throw you off for a moment. It looks like a great stone, and folks I've seen that cut these have a very consistent, very high-quality product that's not only performs well but also has good "spread" for a cushion.

DG - it looks like I'm about ready to find out an actual answer to my question
2.gif

Edit - very, very interesting to me to see Pearlman compete head-to-head with Pricescope vendors with high-quality photos and similar info. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I wish more traditional stores did this instead of complaining about the internet.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2007 12:03:01 AM
Author: yamsicle

Traveling Gal - I've spent a good amount of time ogling your ring! If my cushion is even half as lovely as yours, I will be so happy!
Oh, I think it will be just as nice, if not better! I love that yours is slightly squarer and it will be a VS1!

For fun, you can check out the stats between my cushion and yours...VERY close...

TG's Cushion...

GIA
Shape and Cutting Style - Cushion Brilliant
Measurements - 6.10x5.90x3.82
Weight - 1.03
Proportions
Depth - 64.7%
Table - 55%
Girdle - Medium to Thick, faceted
Culet - small
Finish
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Clarity Grade - SI1
Color Grade - F
Flourescence - none
L/W Ratio = 1.03

Yamiscle's...
Cushion Brilliant
Colour: F
Clarity: VS1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
L/W Ratio: 1.02
Grading Report: GIA
Depth %: 65.1
Table %: 55
Measurements: 5.99 x 5.9 x 3.84 mm
Fluorescence: None
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick, faceted
Culet: Medium

TG's cushion idealscope:

IS_GIA14456171.jpg

Yamiscle's.
36.gif

yamsicle3.JPG

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Yamsicle,

It is gorgeous!! I can''t wait to see the final ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results