shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Tiffany diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MikeC

Rough_Rock
Well this is the diamond I ended up getting. Let me know what you guys think of it. I ran the numbers though the HCA and I got a score of 1. I have the Crown angle but I only have the pavillion depth and not the angle and am not sure how reliable the HCA score is. Is there a way to figure out the angle if I have all the other measurements? Here go the stats on it:
.94 ct VVS1 H
6.30-6.32 X 3.90
Depth-61.8%
Table-55%
Culet-None
Crown angle-35.0 degrees
Pavillion depth-42.9%
Girdle thickness-medium
Polish and symmetry-Very Good
Fluorescence-none

Tell me what you guys think. Thanks again for all of the advice everyone has given me recently. I will try to take some pictures to post of it today sometime. If anyone would like to post an idealscope image that would be greatly appreciated also.
Mike

MikeC

Rough_Rock
Here go some pics I just took. I will post some more after I experiment with the camera some more.
Mike

ring pics1h.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is amazing! The pictures are beautiful. The #'s look good too. The crown angle is the most important angle to have. The pav depth % works fine for HCA. HCA score of 1.0 is EXCELLENT.

Good luck, everything sounds like it checked out okay. Did you have it appraised to be sure of color etc? Did it come with the standard Tiffany paperwork>?

Congrats!
1.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!

It must have cost you a fortune... by the way why a VVS stone with an H color?

why not VS and F color??

Trichrome.

MikeC

Rough_Rock
Mara, I actually ended up buying directly from Tiffany because of time. I also decided to buy from them because eventually I would like to trade up to a 1.5ct and I found out I could not do that if I bought the ring second hand. I am glad you like the ring. It makes me feel more confident with my purchase to hear that someone on this forum likes the ring. Also, thank you for your help in my search for the ring. My fiance and all her friends love the ring so that makes me happy and I do not regret overpaying for the Tiffany name at all.

Trichrome, I would have prefered a slightly better color and lower quality rating. However, The Tiffany I was buying from had only about 6 rings that met the size specs I was looking for. Of those six rings this one appeared to have the most fire and brilliance and appeared as icy white as the E colored stone they had. I am sure an expert will see color in the stone but to me this ring seemed to be the nicest overall even though the color specs could have been better.

Mike

MikeC

Rough_Rock
Here goes another picture. Any other opinions from the diamond experts, do you think the pavillion depth percentage alone gives an accurate maesure using the HCA?

Mike

DSC00810 (2).JPG

TigerWoods

Rough_Rock
Damn, that is a nice looking ring. Amazing pictures. Please post more.

Those pictures truly show the difference between the real Tiffany Classic setting and some copies I've seen online. It's in the prongs. For some reason that I can't quite describe, the real Tiffany prongs look more pleasing to the eye. I think it's because the prongs are more angled outwards from side view.

I'm getting a copy made myself as we speak. I checked the workmanship of the guy by examining one he's already made. Pretty close, i must say. But when I take close up pictures, that's when I'll be able to tell.

Anyway, congratulations. I would have bought the real thing if I had some more money. But, I think my superbcert will do just fine!

post more pics!

stewie

Rough_Rock
Mike, beautiful ring. Congratulations on the purchase. I agree with you, in general Tiffany knockoffs are missing that certain something that the real thing has.

Question: You said that if you bought the ring second hand, you wouldn't be able to trade up. I'm looking at the possibility of buying a 2nd hand tiffany ring, including all original documentation and paperwork, as well as the original receipt. I'm assuming that this would entitle me to trade up in the future. If not, why not? Did you specifically ask at Tiffany? And how would they ever know?

Thanks.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. We never doubted that Tiffany had great rings - it was just at that Tiffany price. I'm sure your fiancee loves being to tell ppl it's a Tiffany.

Tiffany prongs are rather singular. Once I started "seeing" the difference, I could spot a real Tifffany from a mile away. The knock-offs are higher and sharper, while the Tiffany head has a lower profile, and a rounded upside-down umbrella look.

MikeC

Rough_Rock

----------------
On 4/24/2003 12:17
6.gif
4 PM stewie wrote:
Mike, beautiful ring. Congratulations on the purchase. I agree with you, in general Tiffany knockoffs are missing that certain something that the real thing has.

Question: You said that if you bought the ring second hand, you wouldn't be able to trade up. I'm looking at the possibility of buying a 2nd hand tiffany ring, including all original documentation and paperwork, as well as the original receipt. I'm assuming that this would entitle me to trade up in the future. If not, why not? Did you specifically ask at Tiffany? And how would they ever know?

Thanks.
----------------
Stewie,
The man I almost purchased the ring from informed me of the policy and TCO confirmed it as well when I called them. You may be able to fool them as long as they do not ask to see your ID to prove that you are the registered owner of the ring. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting.
Mike

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congratulations.
appl.gif

Judy
:)

hidamari

Rough_Rock
6.gif
Stunning!! That is a very beautiful ring!

BTW, how did you take those amzing pictures?

MikeC

Rough_Rock

----------------
On 4/25/2003 4:13:21 PM hidamari wrote:
6.gif
Stunning!! That is a very beautiful ring!

BTW, how did you take those amzing pictures? ----------------

I actually just used a sony camcorder that has a memory stick to take still pictures. I am impressed with the pictures myself as the camera does not even have a macro setting and it is only 1 megapixel.

bps2000

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am looking to get the same tiffany six prong solitaire ring too. However, Tiffany price is out of my budget. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good imitation of this ring or atleast where I can find one. Also, does anyone happen to have the measurements of this ring so I can give them to a jeweller and keep my fingers crossed that they make the right thing?
Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated. You may email me at [email protected].
Thanks everyone and good day.

yoked

Rough_Rock
Hey Tiger,

You mentioned you were getting a tiffany copy made. I would like a copy as well as I find the classic six-prong setting to be wonderfully designed . Would you mind sharing your Jewelers contact information?

Thanks

----------------
On 4/23/2003 11:16:21 PM TigerWoods wrote:

Damn, that is a nice looking ring. Amazing pictures. Please post more.

Those pictures truly show the difference between the real Tiffany Classic setting and some copies I've seen online. It's in the prongs. For some reason that I can't quite describe, the real Tiffany prongs look more pleasing to the eye. I think it's because the prongs are more angled outwards from side view.

I'm getting a copy made myself as we speak. I checked the workmanship of the guy by examining one he's already made. Pretty close, i must say. But when I take close up pictures, that's when I'll be able to tell.

Anyway, congratulations. I would have bought the real thing if I had some more money. But, I think my superbcert will do just fine!

post more pics!
----------------

IP

Rough_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous! WOW. Totally worth the markup for that beautiful setting. It is stunning.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi mike,

those are amazing pictures. the important thing is that you are happy with the purchase. did you overpay? probably...but on the other hand you got a true tiffany setting that no one else could give you. kinda hard to put a price tag on that. only you know how much that's worth.

and i think it was good that you looked at several rings and this one stood out to your eyes. you could look at many diamonds but usually one just seems to call out to you.

good job and good luck in the wedding planning. that's the next hurdle.

is there a great forum like this one for that?

diamond fan

Rough_Rock
Hi Mike,

Great choice! How did you manage to get the crown angle and pavilion depth % on the ring? I don't see those specs in the paperwork from Tiffany. It seems to only provide the basics (table % and depth %). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results