shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Round Brilliant

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Kim N would love to hear your thoughts on this. There is a big inclusion but I think it could sit/hide under a claw.

Thanks!

This one has a similarly shallow pavilion to the F VS2. I would stick to 34-35 for the crown angle and 40.6-40.9 for the pavilion angle.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Kim N ! I’ll keep looking!

What does the deeper pavillion angle mean? That it will appear brighter? Is there a noticeable difference between 0.1/0.2 deg of the angle?

I’m finding all of this info fascinating!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Kim N ! I’ll keep looking!

What does the deeper pavillion angle mean? That it will appear brighter? Is there a noticeable difference between 0.1/0.2 deg of the angle?

I’m finding all of this info fascinating!!!

If any of the pavilion mains go below 40.45, there's a bigger chance of obstruction (overly dark under the table). And with a shallower pavilion, the arrows tend to crowd the table in an unpleasing way to my eyes.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
The proportions and cut are decent, but the striations look pretty noticeable.

Thanks for your feedback!

I could see the shadows of the striations in the first stone I posted on this thread after you pointed it out but I can’t see any in this - but then again I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for . So do you think I should pass on this? The price is pretty good. I’m in Europe so leaned last night that I will need to pay import duties if I order a stone from the US. This will add another €800 to the price of this particular stone

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your feedback!

I could see the shadows of the striations in the first stone I posted on this thread after you pointed it out but I can’t see any in this - but then again I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for . So do you think I should pass on this? The price is pretty good. I’m in Europe so leaned last night that I will need to pay import duties if I order a stone from the US. This will add another €800 to the price of this particular stone

Here's a screenshot where they're more obvious. I think there are better stones out there.

striations.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results