shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this RB

WICheez

Rough_Rock
I had posted a WF expert selection earlier. Based on feedback and further research, i've expanded the search to H/I and VS1/2 stones (earlier was a G/VVS2). I found this H/SI1 stone and would be grateful for any feedback.

Depth: 62.6%
Table: 57%
CA: 36.0 deg
PA: 40.6 deg

HCA Score: 1.9

37177_aset.jpg

WICheez

Rough_Rock
Other images:

_36996.jpg

WICheez

Rough_Rock
Hi res image.

37177.jpg

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks good. Cut a touch deep so it will lose a little diameter but it has solid performance.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is some leakage under the table and it's a bit deep at 62.6. I personally would not buy this stone unless it's at a really
good price. What's the size and diameter of the stone?

WICheez

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. It's a 1.07 H SI1. 6.48x6.50x4.06 mm. Just north of 5k usd.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think that is light leakage. It is an IS image with strong backlighting. This is the issue with no uniform standard for taking the images.

WICheez

Rough_Rock
Here are a couple more images. Do these help?

37177_arrows.jpg

37177_hearts.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that idealscope image looks much better...why didnt you post to start with?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a hearts and arrows image and does not tell light return. The ASET does show leakage.

The 36 crown angle is causing the leakage in the ASET. That's why you need an ASET for stones with crown angles above 35. I don't like the depth, either.

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

The clarity on that stone would not be acceptable to me, either. While there are eyeclean SI1s, I would not take the chance on one with that many black inclusions. Since you started out with a VVS stone, how about trying for VS1-VS2 this time?

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still don't think that's a bunch of leakage under the table. Look at this old thread where a similar stone is shown...https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nt.212598/#post-3867235?hilit=Strong#p3867235 I am no expert but I know that the ASET would likely look much different and much less leaky if taken with a different photo setup, like Whiteflash's or JA.

The cut consistency is pretty darn good. Best of the best... Maybe not. But certainly going to be a great performer and beautiful stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see how you can say that, pfunk. There is very deep, vibrant, solid red in that ASET image. It clearly is leakage in the center. I am not saying it is a terrible stone, but if he is looking for the kind on WF, etc., he needs to continue looking. I would not buy this one.

WICheez

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will pass on this one and continue the search.

Will stay in the VS1/2 range and in the cut parameters posted above.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1460858822|4020246 said:
I don't see how you can say that, pfunk. There is very deep, vibrant, solid red in that ASET image. It clearly is leakage in the center. I am not saying it is a terrible stone, but if he is looking for the kind on WF, etc., he needs to continue looking. I would not buy this one.

The deep red is under the crown facets, but it is washed out under the table. Just like the stone in the thread i linked, which has the same features. Dark under the crown with an apparent ring of leakage. It isnt that simple and a big reason I have issues with making apple to apple comparisons between vendors. They have different photo setups with different lighting and many here are used to seeing ASET images from only a few vendors because not everyone offers them. I'd love to see the image of the same stone taken in Whiteflash's setup and see how the images compare. Bet there would be a noticeable difference.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results