shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Diamond - ASET/Ideal scope picture review (Urgent)

diaroo

Rough_Rock
Dear all,

I am very interested in purchasing a round diamond (FVS2 - GIA Triple Ex. - HCA score 1.4). Only 'minus' I can find in the specs is that it has a table of 58%, all other proportions are perfectly balanced.

As I am purchasing online, I do not have the opportunity to see the diamond in the flesh. Could you help me determine based on ASET/ideal scope pictures attached how the diamond's optical performance will be?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

review.png

diaroo

Rough_Rock
Full specifications:

Colour: F
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Table: 58%
Depth: 60.7%
Crown: 34.5°
Pavilion: 40.8°
Girdle: Medium
Fluorescence: None

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
HCA=1.4 (X/X/X/VG), but the ASET suggests there is some leakage under the table.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
drk14|1429807909|3866533 said:
HCA=1.4 (X/X/X/VG), but the ASET suggests there is some leakage under the table.

I wonder if this is actual leakage or strong backlighting. This is the issue with ASET and IS that I don't like. A stone with those angles shouldn't have a full ring of leakage like that.

diaroo

Rough_Rock
Do you think the leakage would significantly impact the optical performance? How would you rate the optical performance based on the pictures: average, good, very good or excellent?

I am waiting for your expert advice on the stone in order to proceed with the purchase... Thank you for your input!

diaroo

Rough_Rock
Bump - Would need some buy/not buy advice asap as I need to pull the trigger quickly...

Any feedback is much appreciated!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that the apparent leakage ring is probably strong backlighting. I don't think I've ever seen an ASET for a stone cut to those proportions that showed a "ring of death" leakage pattern like that. I am guessing it is a nice stone, but would refrain from ordering unless there is a return policy in place if you end up not loving it.

diaroo

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am still very much in doubt whether I should proceed with the purchase or not...

Price, proportions, colour & clarity are perfect to me. I just do not know if the aset/ideal scope pictures indicate it is a good or poor diamond?

Any other opinions on the pictures? Thank you in advance for your suggestions/advice!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn't look like a poor performing diamond. Depending on what you're paying for it it could be perfectly acceptable. If you're paying premium signature cut line prices then I might reconsider.

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
The ring of leakage does worry me in the ASET. Enough that I wouldn't purchase it without some other feedback.

JoshuaNiamehr

Shiny_Rock
Trade

diaroo

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for all your feedback!

I will request an additional aset/pricescope image, however I don't think they have further imaging available.

If not available I will refrain from buying.

Thanks!

diaroo

Rough_Rock
Vendor argues that the table is bright and has a return policy in place.

I have attached some higher resolution pictures of the diamond. I find it very strange that the ring is visible in the ASET picture but not in the ideal scope? Aside from the lighter coloured red ring in the ASET picture the other images appear fine to me?

Price looks like a good deal to me. What do you think: proceed and return if diamond would be a lemon or pass and continue searching?

Thanks for your advice!

_29750.jpg

_29751.jpg

idealscope2.jpg

_29752.jpg

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
You don't have an IdealScope picture. You have hearts + arrows pictures. Neither of those two pictures with "red" in them are the IS, so your ASET is the only picture you have that shows light characteristics.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
emmebee said:
You don't have an IdealScope picture. You have hearts + arrows pictures. Neither of those two pictures with "red" in them are the IS, so your ASET is the only picture you have that shows light characteristics.
+1

pfunk|1429899202|3867235 said:
I think that the apparent leakage ring is probably strong backlighting.
+1

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
diaroo|1429799443|3866434 said:
Full specifications:

Colour: F
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Table: 58%
Depth: 60.7%
Crown: 34.5°
Pavilion: 40.8°
Girdle: Medium
Fluorescence: None
I had a lot to do with the lighting in that ASET set up. I do not think that ASET image is for the diamond with these proportions.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1430779257|3872142 said:
I had a lot to do with the lighting in that ASET set up. I do not think that ASET image is for the diamond with these proportions.
Garry, in terms of table, CA, PA it seems to fit the wireframe premise (nominal 50-80 used for minors).

The cut-consistency isn't top-shelf by any means - seen in the other images - but the essential table-reflection footprint also matches the wireframe premise of the primary angles in the "perfect" rendering below (with cut-consistency aberrations again acknowledged).

Is it possible someone replaced batteries or bulbs with something over-bright?

temp-diaroo-dc.jpg

temp-diaroo-dc-asetsim.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results