shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this peachy sapphires pls?

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, been a while. My birthday passed by just this week and I have had my eye on this cute peachy sapphire for a while. Before I buy it to have an in-person look I was just wondering what PSers think of it since I don't have distinguishing eyes as the rest of you. I know it may look different irl and I'm afraid it will disappear in my skin but I like it so much. You probably know which website this is and if so it should be easy for you to find and have a better look.

Thanks!

upload_2019-9-21_15-14-12.png
upload_2019-9-21_15-15-17.png
upload_2019-9-21_15-16-24.png

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
That might be the prettiest sapphire I’ve ever seen. How will you set it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how much it costs, but I’ve seen inexpensive Malaya garnets that color, if you’re on a budget.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
It looks like champagne pink grapefruit cocktail... so gorgeous! Beautiful on the skin! What color metal do you like?

4AE8FE27-0042-4EC0-9109-4ED48162ADCB.jpeg
Any metal. For this one I would want the whitest white to bring out that peach :D

I don’t know how much it costs, but I’ve seen inexpensive Malaya garnets that color, if you’re on a budget.

It's $700, I prefer sapphires (birthstone)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I adore it!!!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy belated birthday! I think that would make a great present.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the potential for brown but it brown doesn't strike me as being brown on first impression if that makes any sense.

But then it's so hard to define peach!

I do think it's very pretty though! Have you checked it under different lighting?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have not given much thought to where 'brown' begins; off the cuff, this is pinkish orange, saturation TBD IRL. The skin colour in the pictures is far from real - too saturated, and the stone appears lighter; too much guesswork required!

The cut between pinkish Brown & brownish Pink in diamonds is a mystery too, throw orange in & I will not try to think about it. I am a fan of brilliant stones close to skin colour - subtle & interesting.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Provided it's pink or peach in all lighting then it's very pretty, make sure you can return it if it is not. I got a Pad sapphire that was supposed to be an orangey pink peach and a lot of the time it was brown so I sent it back.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely see the potential for brown, but think you'd need to see it in real life to know for sure. I feel like there are moments where I see brown in the video, but they are very fleeting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally cannot wear peach stones because they “disappear” on me. They can be very flesh toned, like this stone. If you have darker skin, then they can stand out. Therefore, that’s something to consider. You may love the gem, but not on you.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I have not given much thought to where 'brown' begins; off the cuff, this is pinkish orange, saturation TBD IRL. The skin colour in the pictures is far from real - too saturated, and the stone appears lighter; too much guesswork required!

The cut between pinkish Brown & brownish Pink in diamonds is a mystery too, throw orange in & I will not try to think about it. I am a fan of brilliant stones close to skin colour - subtle & interesting.

I think the skin color thing is a good point. That photo has saturation issues then it is likely all of them are heavily saturated. I struggle to trust photos when you can tell the colors have been heavily manipulated.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. What a fabulous color.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the replies!

@mellowyellowgirl and @AV_ I know what you mean, when I first saw it I was drooling and just wanted to buy it asap. I didn't see anything other than pink and orange then I remembered all the times I bought something and saw something I didn't see before, but it was clearly on the pictures and I just wasn't paying attention. So I took a second look and that's when I saw the possible brown. But is it brown or light orange or burnt orange? I can't tell. I thought I was the only one.

@arkieb1 I'm afraid of that. It'll cost me a lot just for shipping to look at it and then ship it back.

I didn't see that the photo/video was heavily altered. I thought it really was just that saturated. I ordered from this company before and the sapphire looked fairly the same. The saturation was light in the photo and that's how it was irl.

I am also concerned that it will disappear on my skin since my skin tone is light (usually) and a little peachy. But if it is heavily saturated enough (which it looks like, maybe from the alterations), then it might not be a problem, or not so bad. I bought a light pad from them and had to return it because it blended with my skin too much.

I just bought it, I will definitely keep you updated!

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
I think if you have a halo it’ll address the disappear into the skin concern. Pls keep us posted!
Or a bezel setting, esp if you plan on putting it in white gold...

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love this stone. The brilliance is something no garnet can match.

With peach there is always a tendency towards brown, but this one is a very attractive color. As for the fact it's close to your skin color, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Lavender spinels, which I adore, never look good against my skin. I think as long as you halo it with white diamonds you'll be fine.

Congrats, hope it's one you love enough to keep and set and share on PS eventually. :appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
That spinel is A BEAUT!! :-o:-o I hope that sapphire will match or surpass that in beauty, considering it's just about the same price and only 1 mm smaller.

@voce I'm sure lavender looks great on you! I hope to have a lavender stone at some point. I missed out on the Gemfix one I wanted :(2

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
100% suggesting viewing it in person because it looks light brown / champagne to me.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Ugh that typo on the title is bothering the grammar Nazi in me.

I might be ok with a very little bit of champagne. I asked three people what colors they saw on this today and no one can pinpoint what it looks like. On my tablet, person 1 (after much difficulty, and then me asking pink, orange or brown) said peach, no brown. Person 2 (also after much difficulty) said champagne. Then after I asked pink, peach, orange, brown, saw those colors except pink, but sees mostly champagne. Person 3 I showed on the laptop and he said pink, no orange or brown. Then on my tablet said he sees the orange/peach. I think he said he didn't see brown. This is like gold/black silver/blue dress or whatever it was.

Here's the link to the actual stone.
https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-pink-13-550

So I have to ask, why are peachy stones not pads? Isn't peach pink-orange?

Also, does anyone know where I can get gem holder rings in person? I want to get one for this stone but since I only have a week viewing window I don't want to wait for one to get shipped.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peach isn’t necessarily pink orange. I’ve seen it used to describe brownish pink or pinkish brown stones as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8AAC5570-BF8F-4574-A66D-7A8DAA7E6480.jpeg
There are pink champagne diamonds that look like this too.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If only this stone had more brown it would be my ideal color! I don't see enough brown for my liking, which I usually assume means that others will be happy with the lack of brown :lol-2:

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
Also, does anyone know where I can get gem holder rings in person? I want to get one for this stone but since I only have a week viewing window I don't want to wait for one to get shipped.

I saw a 6 pack of them on Amazon for $8, gold color. Expedited shipping was under $4, at least to my zip code.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results