shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this necklace

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
14K White Gold Bezel Pendant with 0.67ct L SI2 August Vintage Round Diamond
This necklace is for sale at GOG. I'm interested in it for a couple of reasons. I like the simple bezel style. I've read a lot about the AVC's on PS and would love to wear one. And the size of this stone seems acceptable for a necklace. Reservations include the L color and my preference for milgraining on the bezel. I would appreciate comments on the necklace, the stone and my pros/cons.
I was admiring the lovelies on the "what does your everyday necklace look like" thread. So many beauties but the elegantly simple ones like Diamondseekers and Pancakes really struck a chord with me. If you have suggestions for diamonds or other necklaces my budget is around $1500. I would like WG or Plat (probably out due to cost). Probably haven't made myself totally clear. So to clarify looking for a milgrained bezel set WG diamond necklace with as big and sparkly a stone as possible in the price range of $1500. Thanks in advance.
Picture from GOG website.

_36671.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did someone say "milgrain bezel pendant?"
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-dbty-milgrain-pendant.219904/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-dbty-milgrain-pendant.219904/page-2[/URL]

I highly recommend going with IDJewelry. They really get you the most bang for the buck. My pictures don't do the pendant justice, but it does face up white and when I wore it with my F/G melee DBTY, there was no discernible difference on the neck IMHO. Embedded in the thread linked above are links to IDJ's Instagram pic and video of the pendant, which showcase the pendant in all her Glammy glory.

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Pintobean - thanks for the great info. Your necklace is really lovely. Just beautiful. So how would I start the process with IDJ? And what is your opinion on an AVR as compared to a RB?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would call IDJ and ask to speak with Yekutiel. Tell him your budget, and what your thresholds are for color and clarity, and that you want PS quality options, etc. phone is the best way to work with Yekutiel.

As for an AVR, I would want it on my finger as a ring so that I could admire it. :praise: I would stick with a RB for a pendant.

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! I have read lots of your informative posts in the last few weeks. In fact stayed up way too late last night doing just that. Can you explain the charm of an OEC as compared to a RB to a rookie? I love vintage jewelry so I'm sure I've seen a few just didn't know or understand the difference at the time. And also did you find fault with the AVR or did you just think the OEC would meet my criteria better?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not Gypsy, but Good Old Gold has a lot of great videos with diamond comparisons for educational purposes. I found this AVR versus RB video with a google search - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOL-_LiJKdk

Also, Grace of Jewels by Grace also includes a link to additional pics and videos - those are very helpful as well!

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the leg work, PintoBean. I'll check them out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results