shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this GOG stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Whiteknight55

Rough_Rock
Hi, folks. I''m going to be visiting GOG and I''m really interested in this diamond. It looks great from the certs and reports. I''ve been lurking on these boards as well as DT for over a year so I''ve read a lot of information but this is still my first diamond purchase. Is there anything I''m missing here or does it look like everything is a go?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id ask about the hearts and arrow images and the firescope there are wierd streaks in them.

If it was just one of the images Id just say that its a problem with that image itself and not the diamond but they show up in the same locations on all 3 images.
It just might be bad images but id want it looked into.

Also I dont see isee2 results for that diamond Id ask for them.
They are usualy part of his deals.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 12:32:07 AM strmrdr wrote:

Id ask about the hearts and arrow images and the firescope there are wierd streaks in them.

If it was just one of the images Id just say that its a problem with that image itself and not the diamond but they show up in the same locations on all 3 images.
It just might be bad images but id want it looked into.

Also I dont see isee2 results for that diamond Id ask for them.
They are usualy part of his deals.
----------------

I believe that those 'streaks' are what makes it the SI1 grade, but still they are very wispy in general, and should be completely eye-clean. Beautiful light return, should be a screamer of a stone. Why not discuss the nature of the inclusions with the vendor if you are concerned? They are very nice to talk to.
10.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
When i said firescope above I ment lightscope.
Way too many different scopes out there for 1130pm late nights.

The dont match the inclusion plot close enough to be the inclusions I think.
I pm-ed Rhino for comment.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I drew a line around where im talking about on the lightscope image.

BR86ISI1-LTSC.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hearts....

BR86ISI1-HEARTS.jpg

Whiteknight55

Rough_Rock
If you look in the dark-field pic there is a kinda "wormy" looking inclusion just up and to the right of the center of the stone. It is very faint. Could this be causing the weird "streaks"?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
inclusion plot slightly adjusted for contrast and lines around the inclusions that are plottted.

BR86ISI1inc.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not sure what is going on hopefully Rhino will be along and explain it.

Whiteknight55

Rough_Rock
Thanks strmrdr, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'm just about falling asleep at the keyboard, but I'll be back in the morning.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
heheh me too but I cant sleep but I should be.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If I may...

Yes, good observation my fellow Watsons.
1.gif
It is a reflection of the inclusions you see in the H&A and LightScope pics. This was a tough SI to photograph at first since the inclusion under normal viewing circumstances is not noticeable and the darkfield pix made it look worse than it actually was. The inclusions that strmrdr has circled are reflections of the primary inclusion. To the human eyes you will not see the inclusion and it's optics are among the rarest we get to test among the H&A's. We're going to have to offer strmrdr a job.
1.gif

Peace,

Whiteknight55

Rough_Rock
I visited GOG today and saw this stone and I really couldn't be happier. I couldn't see the inclusion at all unaided. I was a little worried about the I color, but even next to a F I could barely tell the difference. I'm sure I'd never notice a hint of yellow unless I saw the stone side by side with a better color stone.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl Whiteknight55!
Congrates.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol
Rhino if you werent in NY I might be interested in a job offer.
Id never make it as a salesman.
I just dont like dealing with people that much.
My current job has too much of it as it is.
Now give me a nice quad opteron box and I can talk to it and make it sing and dance but people well thats a different story.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've just got to say -- I think you got yourself an awesome stone! I'm jealous!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results