shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Emerald Cut 3.01 E VS1?

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

What do you guys think of this Emerald Cut VS1 E? I find the facets incredibly gorgeous with the limited resources I have been able to review so far, but am concerned about the optimal symmetry just being "good". It appears that the diamond may look "half on" and "half off" when looking at the table head on. Is it something worth checking out and have the stone shipped out for further review?

Unfortunately I was not able to receive a more discerning video until I pay for it first for more thorough analysis.

What are your initial opinions, thoughts, feeling on this stone? Any nuances that my very untrained eye is missing (blue or brown hues).

Thank you!

https://v360.in/DiamondView.aspx?d=DS36-194AA&cid=diamond360

OFFICE_800x.jpg gcal_1400x.jpg

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Those steps are quite thin and generally speaking it's not what my preference would be for an emerald cut, but I tend to like ones that have larger or chunkier steps.

At the right angle, you do have quite a bit of darkness. If you like the thinner steps, it may be worth checking out in person. The head-on shot you did does look like it has some promise, as long as you like the step pattern and the width of it.

Screenshot_20210222-093353.png Screenshot_20210222-093404.png Screenshot_20210222-093420.png

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
Those steps are quite thin and generally speaking it's not what my preference would be for an emerald cut, but I tend to like ones that have larger or chunkier steps.

At the right angle, you do have quite a bit of darkness. If you like the thinner steps, it may be worth checking out in person. The head-on shot you did does look like it has some promise, as long as you like the step pattern and the width of it.

Screenshot_20210222-093353.png Screenshot_20210222-093404.png Screenshot_20210222-093420.png

I do like the thinner steps. But wow!!! Good catch on the video. I tried to figure out what the GCAL paper meant by "good" symmetry and you nailed it on the head! I watched the spinning video so many times, but I don't think I know what I am doing! lol. I couldn't figure out how to catch the unbalanced darkness.

I saw this on Brilliant Earth too. Since they are local, I am wondering if I could just go into their showroom but I heard you need to put down a non-refundable deposit, pay for 50% of the ring, and horrible customer service.\

Thanks so much for your pictures! They are so great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results