shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 8.34 - 8.36 x 5.11 mm
Carat Weight: 2.18 carat
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Ideal
Proportions:
Depth: 61.3%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 13%
Pavilion Angle: 40.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Girdle: THIN TO MID
Culet: Pointed
Finish:
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Clarity Characteristics: Crystal, Feather, Indented Natural
ACS: 0.4

Thoughts on this diamond? I don't have an Ideal scope image or anything yet, but will post once I have. The inclusions are all near the girdle except for one small one under the table. I think this one looks very promising? The numbers are near correct from what I could make out on the cert if anything looks off.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't touch it, if the pavilion angle is 40.0 Are you sure that is correct? Maybe your copy of the report is blurry? Is it an AGS 0?

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
Yes it''s AGS 0 so I don''t think the pavilion would be bad. Maybe it''s 40.5 or 40.4, but it''s blurry. HCA still scores it well with the pavilion I provided?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:20:33 PM
Author: 3cd4her
Yes it's AGS 0 so I don't think the pavilion would be bad. Maybe it's 40.5 or 40.4, but it's blurry. HCA still scores it well with the pavilion I provided?
Look where the x is, nowhere near AGS territory.
2.gif
One should look not only at the numerical score, but also where the x lands.

It might be fine, but I can't say personally what I think without the correct pavilion angle. All AGS0 are not created equal.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I believe it looks like 40.8, not 40, but is smudged.
ask them to confirm the pavilon angle value
ask for an IS pic.

#2 is old style report. Would need an IS pic on that one.

put them on hold while you gather info. If you can only put one on hold at a time, I would hold #1 if within budget (and if pa is indeed 40.8)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 1:14:19 AM
Author: :)
I believe it looks like 40.8, not 40, but is smudged.
ask them to confirm the pavilon angle value
ask for an IS pic.

#2 is old style report. Would need an IS pic on that one.

put them on hold while you gather info. If you can only put one on hold at a time, I would hold #1 if within budget (and if pa is indeed 40.8)
Ditto

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When no culet is present a 43% pavilion depth = 40.8 PA.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 9:06:56 AM
Author: John Pollard
When no culet is present a 43% pavilion depth = 40.8 PA.
I thank thee again!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thou art welcome again.

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, I was worried there for a minute about that pavilion. It is in fact a 40.8 pavilion and falls right in the AGS territory at a 1.2 HCA. I should have an ideal scope image and some more information to post soon so I''m looking forward to your opinions! I''m excited too because it looks like even though it''s not marked as a H&A it might have some decent arrows and symmetry. I would be happy with a low end H&A or just the look of the arrows, because that''s all you see anyway. Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 10:49:06 PM
Thanks all, I was worried there for a minute about that pavilion. It is in fact a 40.8 pavilion and falls right in the AGS territory at a 1.2 HCA. I should have an ideal scope image and some more information to post soon so I''m looking forward to your opinions! I''m excited too because it looks like even though it''s not marked as a H&A it might have some decent arrows and symmetry. I would be happy with a low end H&A or just the look of the arrows, because that''s all you see anyway. Thanks again!
No worries!!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:49:06 PM
Thanks all, I was worried there for a minute about that pavilion. It is in fact a 40.8 pavilion and falls right in the AGS territory at a 1.2 HCA. I should have an ideal scope image and some more information to post soon so I'm looking forward to your opinions! I'm excited too because it looks like even though it's not marked as a H&A it might have some decent arrows and symmetry. I would be happy with a low end H&A or just the look of the arrows, because that's all you see anyway. Thanks again!
Good deal, those are fantastic numbers. We'll be looking forward to your other info, but I predict it will pass with flying colors.
30.gif

*waves to John*

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/4/2009 7:38:49 AM
Author: Ellen

*waves to John*
*Waves back. Forgets car keys are in hand. Picks up keys.*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 9:16:34 AM
Author: John Pollard

Date: 2/4/2009 7:38:49 AM
Author: Ellen

*waves to John*
*Waves back. Forgets car keys are in hand. Picks up keys.*
Good thing it wasn''t a soda....
41.gif

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
I think we have a winner? It looks pretty amazing, but looking for your opinions.

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
Thoughts on clarity? It seems somewhat hard to tell at magnification so I would think it is pretty eye clean.

DI40X_AGS8659506.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s quite nice. If you can''t see the inclusions at this magnification you probably won''t when it''s set.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks clean to me.
1.gif

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
How about the scope images? Good?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a real beauty! You''ve got a winner!

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
It sure does look amazing, thanks. Just out of curiosity I see that the asset scope shows either very dark blue or black for the arrows and black isn''t necessarily a good thing. Could it just be that the picture is just a little off?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t understand why the link is to James Allen, but the pictures are from Whiteflash?

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
The diamond was listed by several vendors on the PS diamond search. I had been working w/ WF, but found that JA supplied a little more information on their site for this particular diamond(which was the reason for that link).

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 1:49:45 AM
The diamond was listed by several vendors on the PS diamond search. I had been working w/ WF, but found that JA supplied a little more information on their site for this particular diamond(which was the reason for that link).
So you had WF call it in, they took pictures for you, and now you''re working on the same stone with JA?

It looks like there''s some minor painting in the stone. PS vendors who have carried painted stones have all stopped carrying them. Perhaps they were tired of explaining painting to consumers?

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
No I'm working with WF. I have heard and know I've read briefly about painting, but what should I be aware of with this? Is it still a good diamond?
33.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 2:50:40 AM
No I''m working with WF. I have heard and know I''ve read briefly about painting, but what should I be aware of with this? Is it still a good diamond?
33.gif
not enough painting to worry about and I''m one of the ones that dislikes painting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results