shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 1.57 RB

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Hellooo all :wavey:

I am in the process of purchasing a diamond for my stud earrings. I want to know what you guys think about this one.

Round Brilliant (GIA)
1.57 K VS1 ex/ex/ex
7.42 * 7.44 * 4.62
Depth: 62.2%
Table: 55%
Crown: 35.5 degrees
Pavilion: 40.6 degrees
Girdle: Medium / Slightly thick faceted

Even though I've read numerous articles on here, I'm still not entirely sure what to look for on the idealscope ... :confused:

Oh, and it scores a 1.3 on the HCA ...

What do you guys think?

_2554.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me as long as you do not mind the color grade.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IS looks very good to me. I agree that K can be too warm for some but is probably all right in an earring.

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

I currently have a K color diamond that I am trying to match to make a pair and the K color doesn't bother me. I find that when they are nicely cut it faces up nice and white. While I see some tint face down, it doesn't bother me for earrings :D

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You probably already did so, but in addition to the diameters of the two stone matching, do the table & depth numbers also match (or come very close to matching?) And,if it were me, at that carat weight, I'd probably also check to see that the lower girdle facet numbers are also pretty close, but I'm picky-picky that way.

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
marymm|1356243015|3338413 said:
You probably already did so, but in addition to the diameters of the two stone matching, do the table & depth numbers also match (or come very close to matching?) And,if it were me, at that carat weight, I'd probably also check to see that the lower girdle facet numbers are also pretty close, but I'm picky-picky that way.

Hi marymm! yes that was one of the main things. I actually purchased another stone from the vendor, and didn't really check that the numbers were matcy-matchy .. so while the diamond was actually very nice it just wasn't right you know? So I sent it back and then I found this one that had very very similar numbers! So now just waiting to see if the color matches

I am still pretty new to this stuff, can you tell me what "lower girdle facet number" means?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GoldFish8|1356243446|3338417 said:
I am still pretty new to this stuff, can you tell me what "lower girdle facet number" means?

The lower girdle facets (aka LGF) are the triangular facets which extend from the bottom of the girdle down to the culet.

The PS "Anatomy of a Round Brilliant" link gives a good visualization - https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/anatomy-of-round-brilliant-diamond

And here's a PS thread I keep bookmarked as it has a good graphic of the face-up difference depending on the LGF number - https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rdle-length-affect-face-up-performance.87181/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results