shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these two Asshcers:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

polo11

Rough_Rock

Alright well I brought in the stones, one was not very good looking so it was discarded as an option. Here are the two options, both have their highlights anybody have any thoughts about which is better?

Here are the comments from the person who called it in.
1. AS 1.54 G VS1 GIA 69.9 63 STK N VG VG N 6.38x6.37x4.46 1.00:1
“LOTS OF FIRE AND SPARKLE”
2. AS 1.63 G VS2 GIA 65.7 62 M-STK N VG VG N 6.55x6.54x4.30 1.00:1
“THE TRADITIONAL ENDLESS DEPTH LOOK WITH GREAT WINDMILLS”

I don’t know too much about aset, is it expensive, and worth asking for?

Here are the diamonds, I think I have a preference but I would appreciate feedback from the people here who look at them all the time. Thanks

Here is the original thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/advice-on-which-asscher-to-call-in.57227/

DI40XGIA14834732a.jpg

polo11

Rough_Rock
Diamond 1

IS_GIA14834732.jpg

polo11

Rough_Rock
Diamond 1

SARIN_GIA14834732.gif

polo11

Rough_Rock
Diamond 2

SARIN_GIA14428629.gif

polo11

Rough_Rock
Diamond 2

DI40X_GIA14428629.jpg

polo11

Rough_Rock
Diamond 2

IS_GIA14428629.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Totally not an asscher expert but my eyes like #2 best.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1-darkness in IS shows up in picture.
2-looks good.

if you're going to be picky, I think you'd generally reject 1, but I think it's decent.

Still, 2 is bigger so that seems to be the better choice to me.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
aset imgages should be part of the evaluation. just ask for them, they will supply them now that they have the stones in hand.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 looks real real good.

#1 is too darkish center

the ASET images would be nice too.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 2:09:32 PM
Author:polo11

Alright well I brought in the stones, one was not very good looking so it was discarded as an option. Here are the two options, both have their highlights anybody have any thoughts about which is better?

Here are the comments from the person who called it in.
1. AS 1.54 G VS1 GIA 69.9 63 STK N VG VG N 6.38x6.37x4.46 1.00:1
“LOTS OF FIRE AND SPARKLE”
2. AS 1.63 G VS2 GIA 65.7 62 M-STK N VG VG N 6.55x6.54x4.30 1.00:1
“THE TRADITIONAL ENDLESS DEPTH LOOK WITH GREAT WINDMILLS”

I don’t know too much about aset, is it expensive, and worth asking for?

Here are the diamonds, I think I have a preference but I would appreciate feedback from the people here who look at them all the time. Thanks

Here is the original thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/advice-on-which-asscher-to-call-in.57227/
Hi Polo11. Thanks for sharing these!

Diamond #2 looks better. The IS image is brighter, especially under the table. The stone is "spreadier" too and will appear larger.

Looks like these reports are in WF's format. These guys are set up to do ASET images. I had them do an ASET for me on my asscher prior to purchase, but apparently because of the size of the stone, they couldn't get a decent image. I mention this because although the ASET images are nice to have, they can be very sensitive to tilt. I even bought an ASET-scope myself and when the stone arrived, what I saw through the scope was pretty different than the photo. So check them out, but really listen to what WF tells you about the stones. Have Brian Gavin look at them both and give you an opinion. He definitely knows what he is talking about.

Just curious, which stone from the original thread was the third that you had called in and didn't like? Was it the EX/EX?

polo11

Rough_Rock

It was the EX/EX, the IS was pretty dark on that stone in some places.

Everybody pretty much confirmed the opinion I had of the two stones, I was just curious to see if my judgment was the same as most of the people here.

This site has definitely helped me refine the search for stones, I have read almost every asscher search on this site for the last six months and I feel that I have decent knowledge of what looks ok.

Last night I went through almost 80 pages of Strm’s post count to compare the images to the ones I had to see which stones looked good and which did not.

I am pretty happy with the search, now I got to figure out a setting.

Thanks everyone for the help.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Polo11. Glad you saw the EX/EX. Looks like you really picked a winner!

What type of setting are you thinking about? I''m sure you''ve been through the tons of setting threads for asschers too, right?

polo11

Rough_Rock
I haven''t really focused on the setting threads, I have a pretty good idea what I want looking at the settings at local jewelers. I either want a plain solitaire (platinum), or a three stone ring with straight baguettes flanking the center stone that looks something like this: -O-.

At this point it is going to depend on the price, I dont know the price of what that type of setting would run me. I like the look of a simpler ring rather then the glitzy pave look. I know I put way more attention into detail over the stone then my girlfriend even cares about, she just wants "a shiny one". I did make sure that she was ok with the square cut, I think it looks much better, even though you give up a fair amount of size going with it. She actually looked at a few of them with me. It is funny how B&M stores love to pull out the 30K, 2 carat E, VVS stones to try on when you go in and tell them what you are looking at. I was lucky living in SF that I got to look at a fair amount of stones in person to make the decision on what parameters to look at. There was only one the approached the looks of these two, but it was an E stone and priced far out of my range.

Without this site I think I would have ended up buying a RB on Blue Nile, this site definitely showed me that there are vendors out there that are interested in getting the customer a good looking stone, and it is WF that I am working with, they have been fantastic helping me look. In fact I sent them a list of 4 stones that I was thinking about looking at and they actually suggested the 1.63 stone, I didn''t have it originally listed.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Polo11. I am so happy for you! I think the side baguettes would look awesome! Simple clean lines with the focus on this gorgeous asscher. Great idea!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You certainly picked a winner Polo, congrats!!!!!

polo11

Rough_Rock
ASET images Diamond 2 on the right.

Aset for both Asscher12341234.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow....how exciting! Congratulations!

I think a simple plat mounting with side baguettes is classic and PERFECT for that gorgeous stone...

widget

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2007 9:20:46 PM
Author: polo11
ASET images Diamond 2 on the right.

Is that glare around the outer edges of the left one?

Aset%20for%20both%20Asscher12341234.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
neither one of those ASET images look like the stone was in the proper relationship to the scope.
Ask them to look at them in person under the aset and compare them to the images.
something is not right.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both look quite good, but the more I use ASET - the more i learn that ideal-scope is not enough with fancy shapes.

And I do not like the non back lit ASET images. sorry AGS - but it distorts the data.

On balance i like #2 the best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results