Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on ID Jewelery Studs

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
90
Hi everyone! I know that a number of you have had experience with ID Jewelery and their stud earrings. What's your opinion on quality and service received? I'm interested in 1.5ctw studs and have checked out Whiteflash and BG, both of which I've used in the past and have been very happy with. I am tempted with the preset studs from ID Jewelery as they are much more affordable. Thanks!!
 

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
54
I haven't purchased studs from them but honestly, their prices and service are amazing. And whats even better, its not even a "you get what you pay for" sort of thing, you honestly are getting the best price out there. My advice though, and I know some may disagree, is to try to deal with Yekutiel directly for the best service
 

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
6,585
Based on other people's positive feedback re: ID Jewelry studs, I went and got a pair of uncerted 0.87 ctw milgrained bezel studs this past winter. Since they were uncerted, I brought them to an independent appraiser (who is also listed on Pricescope). Yekutiel was actually very excited when I told him that I was going to get them appraised, because he said that I would see what a deal I was getting.

The appraiser, who is, IMHO pretty darn accurate - (he nailed my mom's BGD ring within 3% and was right on the money with the diamond from her 1st e-ring), appraised the value to be significantly more than what I paid for the earrings (to mom's chagrin - her BGD ring was done at the same appointment. We're competitive :naughty: ). The difference in color and clarity was no more than 1 grade different, so in a nutshell, ID Jewelry doesn't mess around - they are the real deal!
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
I've bought a pair of hoops for my MIL for them, and I am buying a wedding band now for a friend right now from them. The service is excellent, and I REALLY feel they want you to be happy and will do what needs to be done to get you there.

From the 5 stones and earrings I've seen on here... I'd give them a call and see what they come up with for you.
 

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
2,201
I haven't purchased from them (yet) but I've asked about pricing for a few items. Can't beat their prices and service and, from the review others have posted, the value you get on the end product.
 

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
8,087
I am the cheapest cheap-skate who ever skated. Almost everything I buy is vintage, because paying retail makes me twitch a little. The only real reason I went retail on my earrings is because finding matching stones on my own seemed like such a huge hassle.

And, seriously? ID was so awesome and accommodating about finding me a good pair that they've got a customer for life. I'm totally planning on going back to them when I'm upgrade shopping this fall, even though I know there's a chance of finding a great vintage deal, just because their customer service is so good, and their pricing is so competitive.

I agree that calling and talking to someone is the way to go, just because it never hurts to spell out exactly what you want, as opposed to the impersonality of just clicking the online form. Can't wait to see what you end up with!
 

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
5,631
Absolutely. I'd call or email them, let them know what you're after and see what they can do for you. I bought my tennis bracelet and eternity ring from them, and I got more bling for my budget than I thought possible! And of course, the diamonds are beautiful.
 

scepture

Rough_Rock
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
88
With some people here having purchased from them before... does anyone know if they have ASET/IS images available for their diamonds (or if they are willing to make them available)? Thanks !
 

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
90
whitneyc|1312070197|2980785 said:
I haven't purchased studs from them but honestly, their prices and service are amazing. And whats even better, its not even a "you get what you pay for" sort of thing, you honestly are getting the best price out there. My advice though, and I know some may disagree, is to try to deal with Yekutiel directly for the best service
Thanks! Yes, it seems Yekutiel is the one to deal with. I'll be sure to get in touch with him.
 

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
90
PintoBean|1312074216|2980822 said:
Based on other people's positive feedback re: ID Jewelry studs, I went and got a pair of uncerted 0.87 ctw milgrained bezel studs this past winter. Since they were uncerted, I brought them to an independent appraiser (who is also listed on Pricescope). Yekutiel was actually very excited when I told him that I was going to get them appraised, because he said that I would see what a deal I was getting.

The appraiser, who is, IMHO pretty darn accurate - (he nailed my mom's BGD ring within 3% and was right on the money with the diamond from her 1st e-ring), appraised the value to be significantly more than what I paid for the earrings (to mom's chagrin - her BGD ring was done at the same appointment. We're competitive :naughty: ). The difference in color and clarity was no more than 1 grade different, so in a nutshell, ID Jewelry doesn't mess around - they are the real deal!

Good to know about the appraisal value! When you say "uncerted" do you also mean the preset ones that they offer? The milgrained bezel ones are soo pretty. I'm not sure which to go with, bezel for the illusion of slightly larger size (and they will match my e-ring nicely) or just the plain martini setting.
 

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
90
Gypsy|1312075295|2980832 said:
I've bought a pair of hoops for my MIL for them, and I am buying a wedding band now for a friend right now from them. The service is excellent, and I REALLY feel they want you to be happy and will do what needs to be done to get you there.

From the 5 stones and earrings I've seen on here... I'd give them a call and see what they come up with for you.
Gypsy,
I'll definitely get in touch with Yekutiel and see what they can do for me :twirl:
 

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
90
scepture|1312102671|2980997 said:
With some people here having purchased from them before... does anyone know if they have ASET/IS images available for their diamonds (or if they are willing to make them available)? Thanks !
That's a great question! Hopefully somebody will chime in.
 

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
6,585
PugLover|1312143014|2981182 said:
Good to know about the appraisal value! When you say "uncerted" do you also mean the preset ones that they offer? The milgrained bezel ones are soo pretty. I'm not sure which to go with, bezel for the illusion of slightly larger size (and they will match my e-ring nicely) or just the plain martini setting.
Yes - these were excellent cut preset studs. When I went to see them and told ID Jewelry that I learned about them through Pricescope, Tammi (Yekutiel's wife) said, "then you want to see the excellent cut ones, right?" When I saw the studs, they were already preset in 4-prong basket settings. I asked for milgrained bezels, which required an additional fee.

If you like martinis - have you seen Bliss's thread on her 8-prong martinis? More food for thought!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tcw-studs-reset-into-8-prong-martinis.133892/
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
Can't wait to see what you get!

And...........I adore 8 prongs!
 

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
54
PugLover|1312143183|2981185 said:
scepture|1312102671|2980997 said:
With some people here having purchased from them before... does anyone know if they have ASET/IS images available for their diamonds (or if they are willing to make them available)? Thanks !
That's a great question! Hopefully somebody will chime in.

Yes... They did for me!!
 

r123

Rough_Rock
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
22
Yes they sent IS images for me too.. I just got the 1.46ctw J SI1 round studs yesterday and they are a dream :D
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?
    Scorpio Style
    Scorpio Style
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top