shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on diamond stats/HCA score...

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Well, that's the beauty of the 80% lifetime buy-back option at high performance diamonds--- I could always liquidate the asset and go with the color gemstone or something like that.

mission1

Shiny_Rock
If the insurer is willing to pay out, but unwilling to do a cash settlement, then I’d say get the best you can and then sell it. You will lose a bit (though still better than no payout!) but at least have the cash back, rather than it being tied up in a diamond which isn’t an appreciating asset, requires ongoing insurance and security, and which you may never have any need or use for.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm honestly just NOT a diamond ring type of dude. But I DID like wearing my wedding band during my first marriage AGES ago(my finger felt weird without it for years afterward).
We need more "diamond dudes" on PS...:wink2:

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
I've been working with @Wink and @Winks_Elf at HPD on my insurance replacement Diamond, and i couldn't be more thrilled with their attention to detail and overall helpfulness so far( and it bears repeating that no one in the super ideal diamond biz can match their 80% lifetime Buy-Back option AND no hassle upgrade program). Can't wait to see the Diamond in person!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been working with @Wink and @Winks_Elf at HPD on my insurance replacement Diamond, and i couldn't be more thrilled with their attention to detail and overall helpfulness so far( and it bears repeating that no one in the super ideal diamond biz can match their 80% lifetime Buy-Back option AND no hassle upgrade program). Can't wait to see the Diamond in person!

Ooh, excellent - can't wait to see it! :)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats @matt_k! I think you are in good hands and wishing you the best.

How did JM handle the setting issue? Did they just let you boost the diamond size and dollars in lieu of a setting?

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Congrats @matt_k! I think you are in good hands and wishing you the best.

How did JM handle the setting issue? Did they just let you boost the diamond size and dollars in lieu of a setting?

I get to add the compensation value of the wedding band to the actual Diamond I'm pulling the trigger on.... and because HPD is running a Valentine's day special on settings I will get a 6 prong setting for free, which I will only be using to satisfy the insurance claim requirements (when i finally make another stab at wedded bliss my future fiance can choose whatever setting she prefers at that time).

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get to add the compensation value of the wedding band to the actual Diamond I'm pulling the trigger on.... and because HPD is running a Valentine's day special on settings I will get a 6 prong setting for free, which I will only be using to satisfy the insurance claim requirements (when i finally make another stab at wedded bliss my future fiance can choose whatever setting she prefers at that time).

Good to hear this is working out so favorably for you.

While waiting to get your new stone & setting, have you checked into a safe box at a local bank? If not, you may want to do so. Many people use online banking and don't go into branches as often so many banks are downsizing the available number of safe boxes they make available. My point being it may be difficult to find one.

For instance, I utilize USAA for my primary banking needs as they are a global provider and I can do things my local bank just can't. However, there isn't even a physical location of a USAA branch in the state I live in. So I keep a local bank for things like a safe box and depositing cash so I can then transfer into my other accounts.

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Good to hear this is working out so favorably for you.

While waiting to get your new stone & setting, have you checked into a safe box at a local bank? If not, you may want to do so. Many people use online banking and don't go into branches as often so many banks are downsizing the available number of safe boxes they make available. My point being it may be difficult to find one.

For instance, I utilize USAA for my primary banking needs as they are a global provider and I can do things my local bank just can't. However, there isn't even a physical location of a USAA branch in the state I live in. So I keep a local bank for things like a safe box and depositing cash so I can then transfer into my other accounts.

fantastic idea! I plan on calling my local bank first thing tomorrow, in fact. Thanks, @sledge!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results