shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on an Elyque setting please...

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
@Sunshine812
I thought the second rose gold ring was gorgeous but I know you weren't happy with it. Have any changes been made to the prongs and spacing on the new white version? I only ask because to me it looks the same as the previous halo and my wish for you is that the third time will definitely be the charm!

I still love halo’s and they really are the best way to increase the finger coverage. I think the problem between your inspiration pic and your completed ring is that the center stones are different sizes. Your center is smaller and the shape of the first setting is not my favorite for a halo.

I am going against the grain here because I basically have the same setting in a round. I can see from your latest pic that the stones were not large enough. I think when the halo is nice and tight, the whole center look’s like one piece from arm’s length. I personally love the look and don‘t think it takes away from my center. I had it as a solitaire for many years but my finger needs a sizable center and it’s going to be awhile before I get that 4 carat!

I think you are on the right track. I was so picky about any airline. This was the 3rd try for me too. I also had them lift the stone slightly to tuck the halo under and I am not sure the degree’s anymore but it had a slight tilt to keep it from looking like a UFO. The halo stones are approx. 2.25 mm (5 point) around a 2 carat round with 3 mm (10 point)
7A9AF45F-9F6E-4760-8FE7-C84AF325646A.jpeg

E479D840-627E-4363-A7CA-9D8E29DC9579.jpeg
234E854F-B2D1-4F86-98D9-46DF069EDB0D.jpeg

Have you thought about slightly increasing the size of the rounds at the N/S points? That can help elongate the oval and give it a more antique look. I have also seen people put slightly larger stones at the E/W points before the pave begins which will make the stone/setting looks a bit fatter like your inspiration pic. Just some ideas...I would go with PT950/RU or unplated white gold If you want to make the stones look whiter or play up the yellow undertones in that diamond.

Thanks so much for your feedback. So, you know what I’m talking about and being picky is not a bad thing. I love your ring, it is beautiful! I was told that mine too would look like the stones fit nicely under the center stone, and so there would be no gaps. My stone is 1.90 and the halo stones are 2.2mms. I had asked for different sizes of stones but I was told that the manufacture would remake the same ring, but anything different I might have to pay extra. So please see my new post and provide feedback. From one picky person to another, lol

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Two things:
1. I vote for a simple halo. When there are many strands of halo I find it to be distracting from the main player, the center stone.
2. Since you bought a K color diamond and said it has hint of yellow already, a YG band would make it look very yellow, perhaps.

So would you consider WG or Plat? Keep the halo simple. Just my opinion. I have posted my wife’s halo a few times, don’t mean to be annoying. It has a simple halo, probably 1 pointers on the halo part, Plat metal. Best of luck. 35A6AE90-806D-49BC-87DF-7E3AF220B728.jpeg 8664CE0A-D261-462C-8D3B-64A6B821ECCA.jpeg

Your wife’s ring is beautiful. Please see my updated pics below and provide feedback. Thank you

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE

The third ring has been made and was sent to me today.

First pic is the Render, so very pretty. I decided to get a bigger stone in middle, went from 1.51 to 1.90, hoping this 3d time, the ring would be perfect.
Second picture is the actual ring, close up.
Third picture is what it looks like, not close up.
2731CF80-2AD4-450B-B3DA-C8B52C8BCEDC.jpeg
D0F2C039-0652-4009-ABAE-FA96A562376A.jpeg
792CDD41-5933-47E1-8213-CC75B6F5A69C.jpeg

Remember I started with my vision (see pic below). This is an Oval Elyque with a halo, the setting is called “My Halo”.

1590181848512.jpeg

Here was the First attempt of making my vision.
First picture is the Render, love RG.
Second pic is the completion of the first ring, close up.
Didn’t like it, looked like a clock.
Third pic is ring on my hand.
FF69D529-E562-444F-9B5D-D9160E5C27D2.jpeg

DD00968E-E047-4787-8CE7-70BA86C3B591.jpeg CBE41F41-1010-4F5C-BD4D-201C20F36048.jpeg

Here is the 2d attempt to make my vision.
First picture is the Render, I decided to get bigger diamonds for the halo and shank hoping the ring would look more like my vision.
Second pic is the completion of the ring, close up.
Third pic is the ring on my hand. I still didn’t feel this looked like my vision. So, the 3d attempt was done, pics above.
296E9DB9-F97B-4C66-A7A3-508A3199424A.jpeg

CA9D7341-88C7-452E-A0E3-5765B7763615.jpeg
83383E9A-710A-4BCF-932C-FD7E3AE6D59F.jpeg

So my questions are as follows;
What do you think of the ring on this 3d try?
Is anyone else as picky as me?
Does anyone have a picture of your render and your actual ring? Is there that much of a difference between the two?

Thank you to all that have been following me through my journey, not so sure I’m done yet.... Not sure what I will do.....

Attachments

• 1590181742076.jpeg
    1590181742076.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 22

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White metal, right?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is stunning!!!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think the most recent version looks really good. Here's the thing, the rendering is never going to look exactly like the actual ring. I think it looks very much like what you wanted, but it's never going to be a duplicate.

I think the rendering basically looks like what you got but accounts for real life textural differences. It doesn't seem like you're happy with it though.

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
I think the most recent version looks really good. Here's the thing, the rendering is never going to look exactly like the actual ring. I think it looks very much like what you wanted, but it's never going to be a duplicate.

I think the rendering basically looks like what you got but accounts for real life textural differences. It doesn't seem like you're happy with it though.

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

So, what I see is the spacing between diamonds in halo and shank. Yes, the ring looks good but not, WOW

m1918

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks great. What don’t you like about the third iteration?

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks very similar. The diamonds in the render look whiter, and so blend more with the metal color. Is that maybe throwing you off? It's really lovely, but you have to love it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The prong placement is different from the render to the completed ring. Your ring, the halo prongs are close to each other, making the space between the stones. Whereas the render shows the halo diamonds closer because the prongs are placed on the outer edges. Does that make sense?

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The prong placement is different from the render to the completed ring. Your ring, the halo prongs are close to each other, making the space between the stones. Whereas the render shows the halo diamonds closer because the prongs are placed on the outer edges. Does that make sense?

Would that have to do with the size of the stones?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive my crude mark up, but to illustrate my point In my previous post. See how these halo prongs are spaced differently?
DF83F3CF-5B0F-4024-9AF8-08EA0E376586.jpeg FA44EAE1-AD57-4FAA-9218-4D9560D2FF59.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Slick1 I actually don't see that and I don't say that to be contrary. They are in the same spot, but the real life photo is blown up and I think magnifying the negative space. The spacing of them may be a bit different possibly, but it's the same outline and placement, I think. I see an outlet and inner shared prong in each, for render and actual.

I see the prongs on the outline for both. The size of the diamonds in the halo look a bit larger than the actual ring, but I think this is real life textural differences and inherent negative space that is in macro photos.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 I actually don't see that and I don't say that to be contrary. They are in the same spot, but the real life photo is blown up and I think magnifying the negative space.

I see the prongs on the outline for both. The size of the diamonds in the halo look a bit larger than the actual ring, but I think this is real life textural differences and inherent negative space that is in macro photos.

You may be right... My eyes aren’t what they used to be. :lol:
@Sunshine812 I truly hope you come to love it...

ETA I still do see metal around the halo in her completed ring, yet the metal isn't visible in the render. But of course these are subject to variances in casting and polishing etc.

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks very similar. The diamonds in the render look whiter, and so blend more with the metal color. Is that maybe throwing you off? It's really lovely, but you have to love it.

Thank you for your comments. So if you saw this same render, you would say the ring looks fine?

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock

Yes, it makes perfect sense, this has been the issue all along With all 3 renditions.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 my eyes are tired too! I hope @Sunshine812 will be happy with it in person. Macro photos make every little thing stand out.

True. And I realize now that the real ring in her pic is turned so the angle may be affecting how it compares to the render.

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Well, idk, not an expert, but shouldn’t the render be showing the exact measurements of the proposed stones?

I think so. Do you have a render and the ring? Do they look the same?

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
@Slick1 I actually don't see that and I don't say that to be contrary. They are in the same spot, but the real life photo is blown up and I think magnifying the negative space. The spacing of them may be a bit different possibly, but it's the same outline and placement, I think. I see an outlet and inner shared prong in each, for render and actual.

The pictures of both render and actual ring are the same, if one is blown up then the other one is blown up. Thats the issue, when looking at both, side by side, just don’t think the actual ring looks like the render. The 4 center prongs were supposed to be more pointy and not a round blob. Thank you

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
You may be right... My eyes aren’t what they used to be. :lol:
@Sunshine812 I truly hope you come to love it...

ETA I still do see metal around the halo in her completed ring, yet the metal isn't visible in the render. But of course these are subject to variances in casting and polishing etc.

Thank you, I’m glad that someone else sees what I see. You are not supposed to see the metal around the halo, especially since I bought bigger stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results