shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on an elongated cushion, please!

zeebee

Rough_Rock
Hi folks!

I have been in the market for an elongated cushion modified brilliant (hybrid) for ages. I absolutely adore the chunky facets of a cushion brilliant, but I know how hard those are to find in elongated shapes, let alone in a lab diamond. I had previously purchased a stone that was rated H and found it to be far too warm for my liking and it ended up being crushed ice (my mistake when reviewing the faceting pattern and video).

I purchased a stone (yay!!) but I'm still anxiously waiting for it to arrive. To alleviate my anxiety, I would love anyone who has more expertise than I to weigh in on the stone quality and let me know if there's anything I should keep an eye out for when the stone arrive.

Video: https://www.brilliantearth.com/lab-diamonds-search/view_detail/9399209/
IGI Report:
P.S. - I have read the many negative reviews about BE, but it happened to be the first retailer that had a stone that met my criteria (color: G+, LTW ratio: 1.16 - 1.2, clarity: SI1+) after months of searching. I hope to have the stone set in a shared prong cathedral setting by David Klass or a local jeweler.

Thanks a ton in advance :).

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bah, I get the privacy overlay on that page and I can't click it off to see the video itself :(

From what I can see, it looks like it has nice and chunky faceting :)

zeebee

Rough_Rock
Bah, I get the privacy overlay on that page and I can't click it off to see the video itself :(

From what I can see, it looks like it has nice and chunky faceting :)

Thanks for taking a look! :) I'm a little worried about the depth but hopefully she's sparkly in person.

Ugh sorry about the BE website, I uploaded the video to Imgur in case you want a better look: .

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for uploading the video!

4-main pavilion stones are not very common (IIRC??) and it does look chunky! :)

It also seems to perform well as it rotates, and it doesn't seem to 'window' (go see-through) which is a bonus.

Let us know your thoughts when it arrives! :)

zeebee

Rough_Rock
Thanks for uploading the video!

4-main pavilion stones are not very common (IIRC??) and it does look chunky! :)

It also seems to perform well as it rotates, and it doesn't seem to 'window' (go see-through) which is a bonus.

Let us know your thoughts when it arrives! :)

The stone is GORGEOUS! It may not have optimal sparkle, but I think it looks great so it's a keeper! Thanks for your support and help :).

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is GORGEOUS! It may not have optimal sparkle, but I think it looks great so it's a keeper! Thanks for your support and help :).

Ooh, excellent, I'm pleased you love it! :))

If you are happy to do so, please do post some pics when it is set! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results