shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on a J colour ACA diamond for a pendant?

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
I just wanted your opinion please. I’m considering purchasing a J coloured ACA diamond for a pendant. I had an H CBI pendant that I absolutely loved but I sent it in for an upgrade with my 1.80ct solitaire in order to a bigger diamond….my 2.02CBI.

What do you think?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I have a K colored ACA in a martini pendant, and I love it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What color is your ring stone?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The great thing about ACAs is if you buy one and live with it for awhile and decide it is too warm for you, you can always swap it out for a higher color later.

Could you have them ship it to you to inspect before having it set?

Last edited:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The great thing about ACAs is if you buy one and live with it for awhile and decide it is too warm for you, you can always swap it out for a higher color later.

This. 1000 times this. Pretty much any super ideal seller recommended by PS members will have your back for life.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I wish I could inspect it but I’m in Canada so not so easy to ship back and forth.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I had a J VS2 ACA from WF, set in their halo/pendant. It was stunning/great purchase for a pendant.

cheers--Sharon

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking of the Lucky setting because I would like the pendant to move. My .75 CBI was fixed with an open back so it poked me and never stayed centered! Loved how it looked but it drove me crazy!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking of the Lucky setting because I would like the pendant to move. My .75 CBI was fixed with an open back so it poked me and never stayed centered! Loved how it looked but it drove me crazy!

Agree regarding the fixed pendant. Mine always "travel" and I'm constantly adjusting. The pendants that I have set as slides work much better for me.

I would have no issue with an ACA in a J color for a pendant and for me, the color of the diamonds on my fingers wouldn't really affect that. Also agree, that the great thing about WF is the upgrade policy in case you find the J too warm.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
If you are concerned about the color, I would have them take some pictures and videos for you next to any other stones that may be contenders, including other J's. I have a J ACA and I can tell from comparing the videos that mine has less tint than the one that you are looking at, because there can be such a range with J's. If you are on the fence, I would compare it to other J's, as well as K's and I's, just so you can see where this one falls. Also ask your SA if they think it is a high/middle/low J. You may not want to pay for this particular J if it is closer to a K. But as others have said, the upgrade policy provides such piece of mind for the future!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are concerned about the color, I would have them take some pictures and videos for you next to any other stones that may be contenders, including other J's. I have a J ACA and I can tell from comparing the videos that mine has less tint than the one that you are looking at, because there can be such a range with J's. If you are on the fence, I would compare it to other J's, as well as K's and I's, just so you can see where this one falls. Also ask your SA if they think it is a high/middle/low J. You may not want to pay for this particular J if it is closer to a K. But as others have said, the upgrade policy provides such piece of mind for the future!

Thank you @Decision_Decisions. Michelle will inspect the diamond for me tomorrow. She did say that it’s a solid J which I assume means a middle of the road J? The only K that popped up in my search was a 1.004ct which is beyond my budget but a great price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results