shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed on wedding band for an x-prong radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I''m currently shopping for a wedding band for my e-ring (sq. shaped radiant in an x-prong setting). I''m now torned between 2 different styles....here''s a pic of my ring (picture is pretty distorted...the radiant doesn''t look that big...I wish!!
31.gif
):

2005102343.jpg
2005102307.jpg

OPTION 1: bead-set eternity band

ritaniweddingband.jpg

OPTION 2: shared prong eternity band

wedringsignedpieces3.jpg

Would it look weird since my stone is a radiant and the eternity band will have RB? I love the fact the diamonds are bigger in the shared prongs setting but then I''m torned with the fact that it may scatch my head prongs
32.gif
I also don''t want the band to be curved.

If I was going to wear the wedding band on my right hand, I would have gone with the shared prong (no question asked) but my FI wants me to wear it on left hand (he''s so traditional sometimes!
20.gif
).

Yes I''m driving myself crazy (and everyone around me)
23.gif
since I''m very indecisive....I would love your opinion!!!
36.gif

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally like wearing both rings on the same hand. I vote for the bead set band. You can always get the shared prong band as a RHR on an anniversary
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love mrssalvo''s logic! Get both!

I am looking at bands as well and I am also concerned about shared prong diamonds scratching my e-ring. So I was looking at bead and channel set. If you are concerned about the diamonds being too small in the bead set one, just get one with bigger diamonds. That is something I will have to explore, but Dimend Scaasi has them in multiple diamond sizes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you posted this...I am in the same quandary. I like the bead set, but I can''t find too many online. If anyone has any suggestions of places to look I''d appreciate it too! I went to signed pieces and couldn''t find a thing...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I really love the look of that bead set ring in option 1 and agree with mrssalvo that the shared prong eternity ring would make a better right hand ring.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for you feedback!
1.gif

Yeah I was thinking about having the shared prong as an anniversary present...but I''m so impatient!!!
7.gif
38.gif

I''m most likely going to go with the bead set since I fell in love with that look from the beginning but I plan on visiting my local jewelry stores to try them on one more time before I make my final decision.

TravelingGal -you can buy the original 2mm at Pearlman''s...it''s made by Ritani. Since I would want the width of the band to be ~2.3-2.5mm, I''m going custom and will have WF make me one.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Radiantlover...I''ll check it out.

And I think you will be happy with it...the rings look beautiful together. I hope you don''t mind that I''ll probably "copy" you!. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dimend Scaasi has bead set bands of various sizes. They only list carat weight, though, so you''d have to call to find out the mm width. They use ideal cut diamonds, G VS1, which is nice. I love theirs but I''m sure they could make it without the engraving if you prefer.

http://www.dscaasi.com/wedding/forHer/pages/wed03AA.asp

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you diamond seeker! I went to their site but never found this. I love the one you posted, but it''s out of my budget, darn. I wanted to spend $1000 or less. I''ll have to think about it . Maybe I''ll just have to go with a plain band.
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results