shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions/help on Cushion please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asdf2000

Rough_Rock
Hi, diamond newbie here looking for a ring.
My girlfriend likes the Tiffany Novo but it''s so expensive! So i''ve found something similar at Jamesallen, and I like how they show you a real picture of each diamond. I''ve found this one to be the nicest looking out of the 2-2.5 carat in my color/clarity/price range, and I want some more experienced opinions thanks!

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/ring/item_412-1936_design.asp?cid=412&module=diamond&item=1165800

if it''s not good, what should I be looking for?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is a bit too rectangular to look like the Novo. I''d contact Mark at Engagement Rings Direct and tell him you are looking for a square cushion similar to the Novo. The other option is to contact Good Old Gold and see what they have in square hearts and arrows stone or other cushions. One of those should be able to help you! And even though you didn''t ask, Maytal Hannah makes the best Novo setting, IMO.

sub80

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:57:24 PM
Author:asdf2000
Hi, diamond newbie here looking for a ring.
My girlfriend likes the Tiffany Novo but it''s so expensive! So i''ve found something similar at Jamesallen, and I like how they show you a real picture of each diamond. I''ve found this one to be the nicest looking out of the 2-2.5 carat in my color/clarity/price range, and I want some more experienced opinions thanks!

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/ring/item_412-1936_design.asp?cid=412&module=diamond&item=1165800

if it''s not good, what should I be looking for?
Asd-

I''m going through something similar and am working with Mark at ERD whose been great. He found us a stunning cushion that gives the Novo a run for it''s money. But it really depends on how badly she wants a Tiffany vs. a larger non-Tiffany stone. My wife is leaning (heavily) towards a 2.5 carat cushion as opposed to the 1.5 carat Novo. Incidentally. I personally didn''t see a big savings going with a square hearts and arrows option (though they are very nice stones).

Anyway check out this thread - same topic.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-novo-or-larger-erd-cushion.106132/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a very pretty cushion! I would ask for crown height and an IS though. I think it would beautiful in Maytal''s settings-- the one with the blue sapphire on her website.

asdf2000

Rough_Rock
yeah i don''t think she would mind it not being a H&A, or could even tell the difference because she probably forgot what the Novo shines like. But she would definitely be looking for a similar shape. Is ERD the best option for finding and buying one?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 1:38:29 PM
Author: asdf2000
yeah i don''t think she would mind it not being a H&A, or could even tell the difference because she probably forgot what the Novo shines like. But she would definitely be looking for a similar shape. Is ERD the best option for finding and buying one?
ERD have an excellent rep for cushions, also www.goodoldgold.com

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the recommendation for ERD and GOG. BTW, GOG has H&A square cushions very much like the Novo, if you are interested in that style of cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results