shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions and FAV of these 3 diamonds PLEASE!

Krista Williams

Shiny_Rock
PLEASE give me your opinions on these diamonds!.. Ideally I wanted a G VS1 1.00 carat ..... I want it to sparkle like crazy, and I want to see the arrow pattern, so these are where I am at.

H VS1 1.10
Table 56%
Crown 35%
Depth 62.1%
Pavilion 40.8%
1573739115972.png

H VS2 1.05ct
Table 57%
Crown 34.5%
Depth 61.7%
Pavilion 40.8%
1573738981003.png

I SI1 1.5ct
Table 55%
Crown 34.0%
Depth 62.0%
Pavilion 40.8%
1573739099353.png

Attachments

• 1573738903973.png
    1573738903973.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 63

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of these stones have good potential. Big size difference (and cost) between the first 2 and the last stone.

Have you seen any well-cut "I" colored stones in person? Is there somewhere you can go to view some? For
the size difference, I personally would be looking at the "I" but I'm not sure what your priorities are. "I" is the color
where a lot of people start seeing a slight tint (especially from the side). "I" is fine with a lot of people but If you are
color sensitive it may be too low for you.

Krista Williams

Shiny_Rock
Have you seen any well-cut "I" colored stones in person? Is there somewhere you can go to view some? For
the size difference, I personally would be looking at the "I" but I'm not sure what your priorities are. "I" is the color
where a lot of people start seeing a slight tint (especially from the side). "I" is fine with a lot of people but If you are
color sensitive it may be too low for you.

I only have "chain" jewelry stores that I could go to.. I am always blown away by how awful the quality of diamonds are at these stores. My original engagement ring was from one (we didnt know any better back then) and the 3 diamonds are I/J I3

I have since gotten a G SI1, which I am now looking to upgrade to at least 1 carat. I got out my I/J engagement ring and was comparing it to my G.... in my home lighting (bathroom and kitchen) I absolutely could not tell a difference in colour..... so maybe I would be happy with an I (especially since its much bigger)

Reactions: AV_

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see that Blue Nile is now saying that all 3 of those diamonds are no longer available; did you purchase one of them? If so, I hope you're pleased with it!

(But if the new diamond doesn't make your heart sing, it's so nice that Blue Nile is one of the vendors that offers free return shipping.)

Krista Williams

Shiny_Rock
I see that Blue Nile is now saying that all 3 of those diamonds are no longer available; did you purchase one of them? If so, I hope you're pleased with it!

(But if the new diamond doesn't make your heart sing, it's so nice that Blue Nile is one of the vendors that offers free return shipping.)

I have three on hold, but the only one that is similar to above is the following... I am thinking this is the one but I am just nervous to make the call to purchase.. what do you think of it? My only issue with it, is I wanted a G colour... but this one fits my wants (and price) the best...... I mean, I would have loved a 1.5 carat, but I didnt want an I or J colour....

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
To me, and my eyes, there is usually a significant difference between J and I. That being said, I’ve seen GIA H color stones that I was shocked were H and not lower. I originally was thinking I would be fine with a J, but I couldn’t find one that didn’t seem to yellow to me. I ended up with an I and H/I seemed to be the sweet spot for me. I would say that it seems a little warmer than my E/F stones without having any sort of yellow cast to it, comparatively.

I also think that the better cut, more sparkly stones hide color better too. Like I think when you’re looking at a diamond and you really notice the color, sometimes it’s because it looks very glass like without much sparkle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results