shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions about these two diamonds? Which would you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Are these a good value for the money taking into account size and diamond quality? We''re hoping to stay under 7K. Thanks so much!

Diamond #1: http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1182559.htm
Item Code: AGS-5130703
Price: $6,675.00
Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.170
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.8
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 35.1
Crown %: 15.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.86-6.88X4.18

Diamond #2: http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1137369.htm
Item Code: GIA-13924099
Price: $6,375.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.18
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.5
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 41
Pavilion %: 43.2
Girdle: Thin-Medium
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.89-6.93X4.18

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you really want the list narrowed down?
20.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-13924082#

9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That could be a great find as long as it's eye clean. Call them tomorrow and have them look at it for you. You could save some money and put the savings towards your setting!!
2.gif

RedShoes

Rough_Rock
have the experts at Whiteflash help you decide. I think you''ve got a winner either way.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
RedShoes, right now I''m just giving my boyfriend some links/ideas or I''d definitely do that. He says he has the diamond "under control," but I don''t think he''s done nearly as much research as me. And clearly I''m also a control-freak. :)

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Most of us on this site are obviously control freaks!

I researched, designed, and coordinated the purchase of my own engagement ring too. (It is too much money to let my darling make a mistake....) Poor guy. But really, he doesn''t have the time and I do!

I like all of the above choices, especially belle''s for being that much cheaper, and mostly comparable.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Peony, The first diamond, 1.17 G SI1 ES, is gorgeous, I saw it in person a few weeks ago and it was my #3 pick (only because it was smaller than my #1 & #2). Here are Renee's comments "This stone is great, I love the look as well as the measurements. The stone is also eyeclean! :)"

I'm sure the 1.18 is good too.

As for the 1.15 G SI2 ES this is what Renee told me when I asked her about it "This stone has a black inclusion that is visible from 8cm in normal office lighting." I was hoping this one would one would be eye clean, because it was so budget friendly.

Best of luck in your search. I personally would go with the 1.17 G SI1 ES.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results