shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions - 0.04 sides with a 1.3 ct centre stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbuyer1

Rough_Rock
My gf currently has a band that she will likely use as an engagement band (I''m still deciding if I should get a matching band, as she has said she will use the band she currently has). I''m going to let her pick the setting after I decide on the diamond although I have an idea of what she likes.

Her band currently has 5 small diamonds with a total weight of 0.21 ct. She has said she would like a ring with small diamonds beside the centre stone. Do you think if we matched the size in her band and put 2, 0.04 stones on both sides of a centre stone around 1.3 ct it would look balanced? I''m not sure how this would look and I''m trying to picture it if I am going to buy on line. What are your opinions? Her ring size is 4.5.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least two on each side....

I think it's too small if you're only having 3 stones.

ringbuyer1

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I would want 2 on each side. I''m just wondering if 0.04 is too small for the 1.3 centre or would it likely look okay?

ringbuyer1

Rough_Rock
Thank you ... that thread is quite helpful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think you''re better off starting over and simply finding an engagement ring setting that she loves. Then, if the current ring goes with it, fine, if not, then get one that does match. I agree that 4 points is too small to be considered side stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results