Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

If you have...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

genette

Shiny_Rock
a 1.29 solitaire e-ring, what size melees would you use for the diamond wedding band without making the e-ring center stone drown out?

Sponsored By:

Related topics:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What width is the e-ring band? Here is my 7 stone band with stones just under 11 points each with a 1.6 ct. stone. My tendency is to say 7 pointers for diamonds your size (which would be .5 ct. for a 7 stone band), but you can go larger. Someone recently put a 1 ctw 7 stone band with a half carat diamond, so really, it''s up to you to decide what you like best!

New Rings 063a.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
As others have said, I think this is really personal preference. Many here like the super thin shared prong bands that are about 2mm wide for even very large solitaire e-rings. However, others like the "angie harmon" look where the stones in the wedding band are quite large at .35 carats each or larger.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the angie harmon look but she has something like a 5c. so i''d surely pair a 5c with 35 pointers, haha. for a 1.29 i''d say more like 7 pointers as well or 5 pointers if you want a more delicate look...but i think 7 pointers would be a great pair to the 1.29!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Fashionsweetie, I agree with the others that it''s a matter of personal preference. My preference is to keep the stones very small. My memoire band has 11 3-point stones and my e-ring stone is similar in carat weight to yours--1.20. I love the way the small stones and thin band make my e-ring stone stand out and maybe even look a little larger than it actually is!

IMG_0056small3.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original e-ring has a 1.37 round center stone, and the eternity wedding band I wear with it has 2-pointers in an engraved channel setting. I chose tiny melee because I really wanted the dainty look and wanted my stone to stand out.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 5:39:18 PM
Author: DBM
everyone''s different but you might want to consider 7 ptrs? too small?
everyone is different cause I was thinking 1 pointers LOL!! I guess it depends on *what* you''re doing and how you''re doing it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 7:27:37 PM
Author: HooCares
Fashionsweetie, I agree with the others that it''s a matter of personal preference. My preference is to keep the stones very small. My memoire band has 11 3-point stones and my e-ring stone is similar in carat weight to yours--1.20. I love the way the small stones and thin band make my e-ring stone stand out and maybe even look a little larger than it actually is!
I changed my mind - I like this picture!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 7:27:37 PM
Love your rings, HooCares!!!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Cehrabehra!

FS, Another benefit of a thin, smaller stone wedding band is that you could potentially place another one on top of your e-ring for a future anniversary gift!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Diamondseeker!!! That means a lot to me coming from you because from reading your posts, I think you have excellent taste and you are very knowledgeable!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
what size ring do you wear? I have a 1.51 ct solitaire with a 3 pointers eternity band. I''d orginally had wanted either 4 or 5 pointers but after speaking w/ Lesley at Whiteflash, I went smaller. There were many factors that contributed to my decision, I didn''t want the band wider than my e-ring; my fingers are on the short side, and I wanted my center stone to stand out.

If you are really undecided, go to a jewerly store and try some different sizes just to see how it will look on your hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 8:19:05 PM
Thank you, Diamondseeker!!! That means a lot to me coming from you because from reading your posts, I think you have excellent taste and you are very knowledgeable!
Thank YOU, HooCares! I think we have very similar taste, actually!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
My old set was a shared prong style, with a 1.53 center RB. I had 3 pointers and I thought that was a nice size. I like smaller melee so the center stone really pops. My preference is to keep the bands as close to 2mm as possible. Just make sure you get ideal cut melee - even in that tiny size, that is a HUGE difference in the sparkle factor.

BTW, my new set has 2 pointer melee, with a 2.36 RB center stone. I like that even better!

46wffishtailpave.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 1.10 center stone, and both of my bands have 4 pointers -- with the added metal around the diamonds, they look like 5 pointers, and I love that size with my center stone.

So for yourrr stone, I would think 7-11 pointers would be fab, less if you want a really dainty look. It will be beautiful!

Here is my set with the 1.10 stone, and 4 pointers...

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I have a 1.35c and I match it with 9 - 3 pointers.

E-ring is 2.6mm and the band is 2.2mm. I suggest getting a band that is slightly thinner than the width of your e-ring.

Here is a pic of mine. BTW, my ring size is 3.25.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you decide on.

IMG_5056tiiiii.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s really a personal preference. I have a 1.23ct solitaire with an 3 pointer eternity ring. I think 3 pointers are perfect with a stone around that size.

imthepreacherswife

Shiny_Rock
Dear Fashionsweetie,
In my opinion, the smaller stones would compliment your beautiful solitaire better, making it look larger, etc. In my own experience, I have tried wearing my 5 stone band, with 14 pointers, with my 1.50ctw 3 stone, and while it''s a nice look sometimes, I usually prefer just wearing the 3 stone with a plain, narrow comfort fit band. It is so comfortable, while actually making my solitaires look larger. But, I seem to always go for simplicity myself, and that may not be your stlye. I also think the idea of 2 small diamond bands would be great if you like extra sparkle!

imthepreacherswife

Shiny_Rock
I love ALL of your pics. They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Jewel, if I had to pick one for my own style, it would be yours. It is elegant simplicity, and can always be "fancied" up if you want by wearing 2 of those beautiful bands . For me though, I like it just as you have it, It''s Georgous!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 2:53:31 PM
Author: imthepreacherswife
I love ALL of your pics. They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Jewel, if I had to pick one for my own style, it would be yours. It is elegant simplicity, and can always be ''fancied'' up if you want by wearing 2 of those beautiful bands . For me though, I like it just as you have it, It''s Georgous!
Thank you imthepreacherswife for the wonderful compliments. I got my Tiffany set 2 months ago and I LOVE IT. Keep looking at my rings all day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.