shape
carat
color
clarity

If you have...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

genette

Shiny_Rock
a 1.29 solitaire e-ring, what size melees would you use for the diamond wedding band without making the e-ring center stone drown out?

DBM

Shiny_Rock
everyone''s different but you might want to consider 7 ptrs? too small?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What width is the e-ring band? Here is my 7 stone band with stones just under 11 points each with a 1.6 ct. stone. My tendency is to say 7 pointers for diamonds your size (which would be .5 ct. for a 7 stone band), but you can go larger. Someone recently put a 1 ctw 7 stone band with a half carat diamond, so really, it''s up to you to decide what you like best!

New Rings 063a.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
As others have said, I think this is really personal preference. Many here like the super thin shared prong bands that are about 2mm wide for even very large solitaire e-rings. However, others like the "angie harmon" look where the stones in the wedding band are quite large at .35 carats each or larger.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the angie harmon look but she has something like a 5c. so i''d surely pair a 5c with 35 pointers, haha. for a 1.29 i''d say more like 7 pointers as well or 5 pointers if you want a more delicate look...but i think 7 pointers would be a great pair to the 1.29!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Fashionsweetie, I agree with the others that it''s a matter of personal preference. My preference is to keep the stones very small. My memoire band has 11 3-point stones and my e-ring stone is similar in carat weight to yours--1.20. I love the way the small stones and thin band make my e-ring stone stand out and maybe even look a little larger than it actually is!

IMG_0056small3.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original e-ring has a 1.37 round center stone, and the eternity wedding band I wear with it has 2-pointers in an engraved channel setting. I chose tiny melee because I really wanted the dainty look and wanted my stone to stand out.
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 5:39:18 PM
Author: DBM
everyone''s different but you might want to consider 7 ptrs? too small?
everyone is different cause I was thinking 1 pointers LOL!! I guess it depends on *what* you''re doing and how you''re doing it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 7:27:37 PM
Author: HooCares
Fashionsweetie, I agree with the others that it''s a matter of personal preference. My preference is to keep the stones very small. My memoire band has 11 3-point stones and my e-ring stone is similar in carat weight to yours--1.20. I love the way the small stones and thin band make my e-ring stone stand out and maybe even look a little larger than it actually is!
I changed my mind - I like this picture!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 7:27:37 PM
Love your rings, HooCares!!!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Cehrabehra!

FS, Another benefit of a thin, smaller stone wedding band is that you could potentially place another one on top of your e-ring for a future anniversary gift!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Diamondseeker!!! That means a lot to me coming from you because from reading your posts, I think you have excellent taste and you are very knowledgeable!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
what size ring do you wear? I have a 1.51 ct solitaire with a 3 pointers eternity band. I''d orginally had wanted either 4 or 5 pointers but after speaking w/ Lesley at Whiteflash, I went smaller. There were many factors that contributed to my decision, I didn''t want the band wider than my e-ring; my fingers are on the short side, and I wanted my center stone to stand out.

If you are really undecided, go to a jewerly store and try some different sizes just to see how it will look on your hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 8:19:05 PM
Thank you, Diamondseeker!!! That means a lot to me coming from you because from reading your posts, I think you have excellent taste and you are very knowledgeable!
Thank YOU, HooCares! I think we have very similar taste, actually!
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
My old set was a shared prong style, with a 1.53 center RB. I had 3 pointers and I thought that was a nice size. I like smaller melee so the center stone really pops. My preference is to keep the bands as close to 2mm as possible. Just make sure you get ideal cut melee - even in that tiny size, that is a HUGE difference in the sparkle factor.

BTW, my new set has 2 pointer melee, with a 2.36 RB center stone. I like that even better!

46wffishtailpave.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 1.10 center stone, and both of my bands have 4 pointers -- with the added metal around the diamonds, they look like 5 pointers, and I love that size with my center stone.

So for yourrr stone, I would think 7-11 pointers would be fab, less if you want a really dainty look. It will be beautiful!

Here is my set with the 1.10 stone, and 4 pointers...

rings3.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I have a 1.35c and I match it with 9 - 3 pointers.

E-ring is 2.6mm and the band is 2.2mm. I suggest getting a band that is slightly thinner than the width of your e-ring.

Here is a pic of mine. BTW, my ring size is 3.25.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you decide on.

IMG_5056tiiiii.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s really a personal preference. I have a 1.23ct solitaire with an 3 pointer eternity ring. I think 3 pointers are perfect with a stone around that size.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Fashionsweetie,
In my opinion, the smaller stones would compliment your beautiful solitaire better, making it look larger, etc. In my own experience, I have tried wearing my 5 stone band, with 14 pointers, with my 1.50ctw 3 stone, and while it''s a nice look sometimes, I usually prefer just wearing the 3 stone with a plain, narrow comfort fit band. It is so comfortable, while actually making my solitaires look larger. But, I seem to always go for simplicity myself, and that may not be your stlye. I also think the idea of 2 small diamond bands would be great if you like extra sparkle!
12.gif

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I love ALL of your pics. They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Jewel, if I had to pick one for my own style, it would be yours. It is elegant simplicity, and can always be "fancied" up if you want by wearing 2 of those beautiful bands . For me though, I like it just as you have it, It''s Georgous!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 2:53:31 PM
Author: imthepreacherswife
I love ALL of your pics. They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Jewel, if I had to pick one for my own style, it would be yours. It is elegant simplicity, and can always be ''fancied'' up if you want by wearing 2 of those beautiful bands . For me though, I like it just as you have it, It''s Georgous!
Thank you imthepreacherswife for the wonderful compliments. I got my Tiffany set 2 months ago and I LOVE IT. Keep looking at my rings all day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results