shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion Requested - 4 New Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:46:07 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Date: 4/11/2009 1:36:46 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Sigh...send your rejects to me!!!!!!
ROTF!! I was thinking the same thing!!!!
I get first choice!!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 1:05:54 AM

Date: 4/11/2009 1:46:07 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 4/11/2009 1:36:46 PM
Sigh...send your rejects to me!!!!!!
ROTF!! I was thinking the same thing!!!!
I get first choice!!!!!
Well, can I get third choice????
11.gif

Lori

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 12:13:50 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Date: 4/11/2009 1:33:17 PM
Author: Chrono
My choice would be the inner two stones; the smaller pink and the deeper green. Their colours are stronger and brighter.

I second
I third. Those two stones are the best of the bunch.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
I like the smaller pinkish one and the darker green.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m still on a mint kick and I like that one, even tho they''re all beautiful!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s comments.

I took the stones out with me today and I still absolutely love that Malaya! To think that I was almost going to pass on it before seeing it. I really lucked out on that one and understand why Barry was raving about it. It is one of my favorite stones and I can''t wait to set it. I don''t feel the same way about the Rhodlite although it is very pretty - I guess it just doesn''t do the neat color shifting the Malaya does and I just love the peachy pink in sunlight.

I am tempted to return the two green stones but they weren''t too expensive so I will likely keep them. I have an odd feeling that the minty one will look better once it is set and I will really love it. The deep green should pop in a setting with a halo. I will think about it for another day :)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I love the minty one. I just set my mint green tourmaline from Barry and I LOVE it. I wanted to get another from the same rough for my mom but he didn''t have any. Put me in line for yours! :) What number am I? Hee hee.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also love the small pink one! That would definitely something that I would want in my jewelry collection. How are you going to set the stone?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I tried to take more photos of the pink stones but it is almost impossible. I don't understand why the stones look so bad in the photos but so good to the eye. I guess I rather it this way than the other way around. The pink stones turn dark and yucky but in real life .. they are so vibrant and no signs of darkness. They are just memorising. Anyways, photo 4 is probably the most accurate in colors.

I wasn't so sure about the pale green one but I am really loving it at home. It is actually a very minty green. My sister loves it and wants me to set it for her upcoming birthday.

Stones 2 to 4 are the Barry stones. The other stones are nice but not very well cut.

1 - Tourmaline
2 - Tourmaline
3 - Tourmaline
4 - Rhodolite
5 - Malaya
6 - Spinel
7 - Sapphire
8 - Aqua

MyBarryandEbayStones.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
those are gorgeous Charmy! did you keep them all?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't decide so I am keeping them all. The only one that still hasn't grown on me is the darker green one. I think it is very nice but I don't feel a bond with it - haha .. bonding with my stones now.

Let's see what Barry has in his next drop. I need some deep blue and oval stones. One emerald cut too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results