shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion Requested - 4 New Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I received 4 new stones today and wanted your honest opinions. I have one stone that I love but it didn''t photograph as well. It has a neat color shift but I will share my opinion after I hear yours!

Apologizes in advance for the bad photos. I am on vacation and only have hotel lighting plus a gloomy day by the window. The stones look prettier in real life.

4newstones-inside.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
By the window ... not much sunlight.

4newstones-outside1.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Switched around the order a bit.

4newstones-outside2.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Close up of the two greens.

2newstones-outside1.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the smaller pink stone. Love love love. I like the darker green one too, but the lighter green one is really calling to me in the window shot.

Are these from ACstones?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is the deep green. How come your camera can photograph greens and mine cannot. If I was to let one go, it would be the lighter green. I love the two pinks, but I think the larger one is rarer in a rhodolite, so if I had to choose between those, it would be the rhodolite. I love the Malaya as well.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them all.
40.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love the smaller red pink one! The larger green one really sparkles and the color of the other green is lovely too. Do you have to pick one?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Can we get another shot of the reds?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am late meeting my friends but I will take more of the reds later.

The larger red is cut amazingly .. it is really spectular in real life. However, my absolute favorite is the small Malaya Garnet. Indoors, it is a beautiful deep vibrant pink with flashes of red. In outdoor lighting, it turns a peachy pink. I have never seen anything like it and just fell in love with it. It is also a perfect size for a setting I have in mind. According to Barry, the small Malaya Garnet has a anomolous double refraction which from my research is due to strain during formation. He assured me there were no structual issues I need to worry about.

The two greens are a toss up for me. When I opened the box, I liked the deep green one but it is a little smaller than I like. I had high hopes for the lighter green as Barry described it as a minty green but the photos didn't capture it. It definetly looks better than these photos. It is light but is very minty. It's like a watered down scope mouthwash color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 8:51:27 PM
Author: CharmyPoo

The larger red is cut amazingly .. it is really spectular in real life. However, my absolute favorite is the small Malaya Garnet. Indoors, it is a beautiful deep vibrant pink with flashes of red. In outdoor lighting, it turns a peachy pink. I have never seen anything like it and just fell in love with it. It is also a perfect size for a setting I have in mind. According to Barry, the small Malaya Garnet has a anomolous double refraction which from my research is due to strain during formation. He assured me there were no structual issues I need to worry about.

The two greens are a toss up for me. When I opened the box, I liked the deep green one but it is a little smaller than I like. I had high hopes for the lighter green as Barry described it as a minty green but the photos didn''t capture it. It definetly looks better than these photos. It is light but is very minty. It''s like a watered down scope mouthwash color.
Hmmmm? What is it about photographing minty greens that is so difficult!? You probably share my frustrations.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
My favorite colors....I love them all!!!
30.gif

Lori

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I really love the small pinkie one along with the small darker green.
36.gif
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 8:51:27 PM
Author: CharmyPoo

The two greens are a toss up for me. When I opened the box, I liked the deep green one but it is a little smaller than I like. I had high hopes for the lighter green as Barry described it as a minty green but the photos didn''t capture it. It definetly looks better than these photos. It is light but is very minty. It''s like a watered down scope mouthwash color.
I think you have already answered your question, but I have to admit....I was voting for the malaya!!! They are all gorgeous but may I ask, why do you have to choose? If you have to choose, I would say get 2..... the malaya and the minti garnet!!!!!!!! One pink, one green!! ...so your the one that scarfed u Barry''s new drop?? LOL!!
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy,
How accurate are the pictures vs the real stone? I find that looking at them through the case changes their real colour.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 11:41:23 PM
Author: Chrono
Charmy,
How accurate are the pictures vs the real stone? I find that looking at them through the case changes their real colour.
The colors are pretty accurately. The dark green one is most accurate in the first photo. The pink stones don't show the darkness in real life but in the photos .. you can see the dark spots. What got distorted was the sparkle. When I get home, I will take better photos.

Others - I don't really have to choose but I feel that it is a little excessive to get so many. I was hoping to land on one red/pink stone and one green stone but couldn't choose so I told Barry I will look at them all first. I wasn't intending to purchase 4 round stones.

I am for sure keeping the Malaya and the funny thing is that it is the only stone that wasn't part of the drop. I will probably end up keeping them all as they are different. No more shopping for a while even though I would really like a spess.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
My vote...smaller pink and deeper green.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the Malaya - you can really see the colour shift. So long as it doesn''t take on too much of a brown tint I''d be a keeper for me! I also love the bigger red. Very well cut, sparkly and just caught my eye immediately.

As for the greens ........... mmmmmm, well the paler would have to go back I think. It just looks too light and perhaps has a slight window??????

How on earth do you get gems when you''re on holiday?????????

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I love them all, keep all! What is the deeper green stone by the way?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Charmy

Love the smaller pink Malaya - but you all would expect me to say that wouldn''t you!? The larger red is a nice size.

The green ones are nice two, but dammit all you lot stop trying to get me on this green band wagon, I''m not playing, I''m not playing
, I''m not playing,
I''m not, I''m ......

BTW, holiday destination looks nice too!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My choice would be the inner two stones; the smaller pink and the deeper green. Their colours are stronger and brighter.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sigh...send your rejects to me!!!!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 1:36:46 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Sigh...send your rejects to me!!!!!!

ROTF!! I was thinking the same thing!!!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Keep the bigger pink and the dark green. They just jump out of the crowd.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:33:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I love them all.
40.gif

Ditto. I think if I HAD to choose, the smaller pinkish one would be my choice, but they all look lovely.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I love them all, too! Do you share??
9.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
They are all gorgeous but the minty green one is my fav!!
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the smaller pink and darker green.
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, have you decided?
34.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:33:17 PM
Author: Chrono
My choice would be the inner two stones; the smaller pink and the deeper green. Their colours are stronger and brighter.

I second

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results