shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond please, IS/ASET attached

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, need some help from our mighty RockyTalky again. I'm looking for a 1.4-1.5ct stone as a push present, my budget is ~$12000. And I came across this one within my budget. It is currently on hold for me for this weekend, so i need to make my decisions quick and i want to make the right decision. So experts please throw your opinions at me :wacko:

It is a 1.41/G/VS2 stone, proportion of the stone is : 56/61.6/34/40.8/50/80, HCA 1.0, GIA 3EX.

The vendor described it as “This is an unbelievable stone. Tremendous light performance.” Here is the IS/ASET provided by vendor

My questions:
1) is it some slight light leakage under the table on the IS?
2) the leakage area along girdle, is it a bit larger than ideal?
3) there is some extra "blue" other than the 8 arrows on the ASET - does it mean the stone is over contrasted?

Should I be concerned by what i see and do you see any other issues?
Thank you very much!

dsc_0488.jpg

dsc_0490.jpg

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
here is the "heart" pic and actual stone picture as well

dsc_0489.jpg

_15436.jpg

dsc_0493.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect to me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice conservative stone. :wavey:

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dreamer_D & Gypsy for your reply. So do you think the leakage and extra constrast is no issue? or are they even there?

I'm looking for top top light performer, do you think this is one of top-tier? (i don't care too much about H&A but i want max brilliance)

spicyitalian

Rough_Rock
A very good stone to pick.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Snatch it up before someone else does, it's nice. Since you have it on hold, who's the vendor?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you are going to assess it at the micro level, better to assess that in person from this point! I don't think you can really distinguish those teensy-weensy increments in performance with pics and tech -- especially since personal preferences for scintillation, brightness, and fire can vary from person to person. After a stone passes all the rejection tests as this one does, you have to see it in person to know if this one pleases you.

I don't see any concern of the issues you raise in your questions.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
The same stone is listed by 5 or 6 different vendors, with slight price difference. I think maybe because this is a virtual stock? I contacted Eternity by Yoni, their price is the 2nd lowest and I vaguely remember that I have read good review about them here.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it would be virtual and you just had him call it in from the supplier or else he was able to get the supplier to provide the images.

There is nothing at all of concern in the images. The stone is fine as long as you like it and it is eyeclean.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Dreamer_D and DS, please pardon me if I'm being difficult, because the purchase is no return as I'm oversea. So I just want to make sure the stone is "as good as one can be".

Do I need to worry about obstruction for this stone? As it he HCA score are low, and I do see some extra blue on ASET, do you think obstruction could be a proble?

Thank you!

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
I would so much like to purchase this stone, as a 1.4ct/G/VS2 doesn't come easy within my budget; but I'm also afraid that it won't turn out perfect -- eg. when I use my own IS/ASET, i see noticeable leakage or pattern being different from the "textbook" images we usually see in ACA lines -- it wil be quite a nightmare to me. So please pardon me if I'm being paranoid (as I usually am).

I'm thinking this stone might be over the shallow side: I just noticed that there is some extra black near the head of the arrowa -- according to ideapscope ref chart, this is how shallower stone looks; also the extra "blue" on ASET, blue for obstruction and shallower stones "obstructs".

Also, as whiteflash also has it on their listing, does it mean this one didn't make it to their "Expert Selection" line ? Should this be a reason for me to think twice ?

Someone please encourage or discourage me, and set me free from the dilemma. Thank you very much!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are not being difficult. You can use whatever standards you like to purchase!

I cannot evaluate those mico nuances you are going for in the ASET and IS, its not my bag. Given your situation, I suggest one of two options. 1) you can send this diamond to an appraiser in the US prior to having it shipped to you, that way he/she can evaluate it and answer all those questions you have; 2) purchase a branded stone known to be perfect: either a Crafter by Infinity diamond, or a BGD Signature, or an ACA, or one of GOGs selected stones. That is more money but safer.

I am not sure who provided the images above or if you requested them, but if you DID request them of a particular vendor it is nice to either buy the stone from that vendor who did the leg work of taking the images, or offer them a chance to price match with another vendor.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
babydoll_mini|1393773808|3625757 said:
I would so much like to purchase this stone, as a 1.4ct/G/VS2 doesn't come easy within my budget; but I'm also afraid that it won't turn out perfect -- eg. when I use my own IS/ASET, i see noticeable leakage or pattern being different from the "textbook" images we usually see in ACA lines -- it wil be quite a nightmare to me. So please pardon me if I'm being paranoid (as I usually am).

It probably will look different, your eyes and your use of the scopes will be different than the set up used by the vendors ;)) Can I ask why you are so concerned about the perfection of the scopes rather than letting your eyes tell you if its pleasing? I really think with a stone like this that is already passed all the tests, your eyes are all that really matter.

I'm thinking this stone might be over the shallow side: I just noticed that there is some extra black near the head of the arrowa -- according to ideapscope ref chart, this is how shallower stone looks; also the extra "blue" on ASET, blue for obstruction and shallower stones "obstructs".

I don't think this is a concern and with a diamond with these proportions and images, noticeable obstruction is not really probable.

Also, as whiteflash also has it on their listing, does it mean this one didn't make it to their "Expert Selection" line ? Should this be a reason for me to think twice ?

You mean their virtual listings? If so, then all that means is the WF does not own the diamond in house. So it cannot be an ES or anything if they don't own it in house.

Someone please encourage or discourage me, and set me free from the dilemma. Thank you very much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results