shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on M color please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Beautiful stone! There will definitely be noticeable warmth and color in an M stone. I recommend looking at one before you decide you like it. It''s something you have to accept and like rather than try to cover up.

If you aren''t comfortable with the M color, you can easily drop in clarity to the SI range and get close in size.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 10:10:27 PM
Author:noneek
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5132/

Love the clarity, cut, and carat. But the color? Has anyone else have an M color stone and how do you like it? I appreciate some insights please. Thanks!!
Check out Maisie''s amazing 1.50 ct M I1 here. Link She still loves it.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
M''s can be quite lovely but they do show warmth. Are you looking for a stone for an ering or pendant?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think that stone is beautiful! I actually go to Fed-Ex tomorrow to pick up my own M color stone, and I''m REALLY excited! I fully expect to see color. On the computer screen, my eyes like it, but it will probably be the very first time I have ever seen a WELL-CUT low color stone in real life. Hopefully I''ll be able to report back tomorrow and say that I LOVE it, but we''ll see....
1.gif
If you''re looking for a really white stone though, you could definitely drop the clarity to maintain the size you''re going for.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Awesome stone, it will look great for sure!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone. VVS2, AGS cut grade Ideal, 3/4 ct- love it.

As far as M- love it. I didn't think I did, until someone showed me an emerald cut M- that was all it took.

That stone has "buy me" written all over it. Maybe some people don't like M's. I think it makes that stone different in a very nice way, and so does the almost perfect clarity.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2009 10:48:47 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Beautiful stone! There will definitely be noticeable warmth and color in an M stone. I recommend looking at one before you decide you like it. It''s something you have to accept and like rather than try to cover up.

If you aren''t comfortable with the M color, you can easily drop in clarity to the SI range and get close in size.

Ditto

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 10:53:00 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 4/5/2009 10:10:27 PM
Author:noneek
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5132/

Love the clarity, cut, and carat. But the color? Has anyone else have an M color stone and how do you like it? I appreciate some insights please. Thanks!!
Check out Maisie''s amazing 1.50 ct M I1 here. Link She still loves it.
Thank you for posting my ring Flygirl. I doooo love it!!!

I honestly don''t see a yellowish diamond. When I look at mine its just a lovely warm white. I think Lorelei describes lower colours as antique white and she is right! I suppose if you put my diamond next to a colourless diamond you would see a difference, but on its own its not yellow at all.

It all depends on the cut. Mine is a Crafted by Infinity stone. Its expertly cut, if you chose a stone which is less well cut you would probably see more of a yellow tinge.

I adore my diamond and its the kind of size I would never be able to afford had I not gone lower in colour and clarity.

I hope that helps
1.gif

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I think that stone is amazing! Get it before I do!:)

Seriously though, if you are color sensitive and LOVE D-E-F diamonds, don''t get an M. But, if other factors are much more important to you, give it a go! Personally, I don''t care about color. I like the fire in warmer stones better, in fact. It seems richer, and warmer stones look better on me. But, not everyone is like that. So, at the risk of sounding cheesy--just listen to your heart
3.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love warmer stones so I think it would be gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I have a small .54 m color and it''s very sparkly, but the color does bother me sometimes. Not often, though. Compared to an I or H I can definately see a difference.
I would buy another m, though. They are pretty on their own merits.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
forgo to mention that looks like a gorgeous stone and I can''t imagine it would be around very long.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
I have an L from WF, gorgeous color, perfect for a rhr
26.gif
since I do prefer higher color for e-rings. Make sure you l-o-v-e it as warmth can bother some later on, but All colors are gorgeus imho.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results