shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about having this diamond brought in to see for a possible upgrade from my 0.81 F GIA EX (VS1).

HCA Score is 1.1 EX EX EX VG

Why am I looking to upgrade? Because I want that magic 1 ct. mark now and something about my diamond just doesn't make my heart go pitter patter like my old .53 AGS0. Also my birthday is at the end of May - what else would a self respecting PS girl want for her birthday other than something that sparkles?

One big concern on this one is whether it would be eye clean (see link below). I know none of us can be sure till we see an Si1 in person and some people can see things better than others - but I thought I would ask your valued opinions. There are some G VS2 AGS0 available but I like the icy whiteness of my F (my .53 was an E). DH might push towards one of G diamonds though because once he looks in the loupe he doesn't like to see a lot of inclusions. The G diamonds are at least $500 more which is at the high end of my budget. Right now I can't afford to look at E or F one carat diamonds in VS1 or VS2 clarity.

They do have another F Si1 for the exact same price and same HCA score with less inclusions - it is listed as an AGS0 not one of the Platinum diamonds.

The Specs are:

AGS#: 1040403440002
Report Type: The Platinum Light Performance Diamond Quality® Document
Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.42 - 6.45 x 3.96 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 1.0 (F)
Clarity Grade: AGS 5 (SI1)
Carat Weight 1.007
Fluorescence: Negligible
Comments Additional clouds are not shown

Light Performance: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table: 55.9%
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown Height: 15.2%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.6% to 4.4%
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion Depth: 42.9%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Girdle Length: 76%
Total Depth: 61.5%
Culet: Pointed

Here is a link to the AGS Lab report.

http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/1040403440002-PLDQR.PDF

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the report for the other diamond with less inclusions.

http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104049819056-PDQDFK.PDF

HCA 1.1 EX EX EX VG
AGS#: 104049819056
Report Type: Diamond Quality™ Document
Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.40 - 6.48 x 3.95 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 1.0 (F)
Clarity Grade: AGS 5 (SI1)
Carat Weight 1.005
Fluorescence: Negligible
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table: 56.3%
Crown Angle: 34.3
Crown Height: 14.7%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.1% to 4.2%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star Length: 54%
Lower Girdle Length: 76%
Total Depth: 61.1%
Culet: Pointed

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy :wavey:

Both of those stones look very similar by the numbers, and both 0 for cut grade w/ light performance analysis, no visible size difference.. are they from the same vendor? If so would just ask which is a better fit, or have them shipped out to look at in-person. I don't see anything to worry about w/ either except the date on the first (march 2010) - if it's a trade in you'll want to plan for an independent appraisal w/in the return period, just to make sure the stone is in the condition the report describes

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Yssie. That is exactly what I thought about the date on the first one too. The second one has a few less inclusions, the report is newer and since it's the same price but not the platinum certificate it may be the nicer of the two diamonds. The numbers are very close to each other. They are from the same vendor but probably not in the same locations. I know they don't offer ASET images and I probably have to pay 50% up front to have one brought in for me to see. If that is what I decide to do I will probably see if they can bring the one I pick in to see soon. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
going by the #s i'd prefer the first one,taller crown,smaller table,plus its got a tighter diameter 6.42-6.45mm

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1303877551|2905995 said:
Hi Marcy :wavey:

Both of those stones look very similar by the numbers, and both 0 for cut grade w/ light performance analysis, no visible size difference.. are they from the same vendor? If so would just ask which is a better fit, or have them shipped out to look at in-person. I don't see anything to worry about w/ either except the date on the first (march 2010) - if it's a trade in you'll want to plan for an independent appraisal w/in the return period, just to make sure the stone is in the condition the report describes

Ditto, both are light performance report, just different format.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Dancing FIre and Stone Cold. I thought the same thing about a taller crown.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results