shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on 2 James Allen .75 carat diamonds.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
So I have been searching and doing research on the diamonds after getting suggestions on this forum. Please let me know what your opinion is on these 2 diamonds as I am getting close to making a purchase. Thanks.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You need to request copies of the lab reports from JA and post them, but based on the pics the second one looks like it has more potential than the first. Can‘t say anything with any degree of certainty without the reports though.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do not bother with #1.
#2 has potential. Ask for the report.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
First is a definite no, and I don’t feel great about the other.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
While I have taken my chances with included diamonds, I draw a line at carbon inclusions on the table. I think once you catch it with your naked eyes, you'll never unsee it. So #1 is out for me. #2 looks great!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
It’s deep (over 62.3) and that crown is very steep. I’d feel safer with a 35.5-36 CA. Run the numbers through the HCA tool now that you have them. I would want to see an ASET image for sure to confirm there is no light leakage.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
It’s deep (over 62.3) and that crown is very steep. I’d feel safer with a 35.5-36 CA. Run the numbers through the HCA tool now that you have them. I would want to see an ASET image for sure to confirm there is no light leakage.

I'm very new to this. Can you explain what you mean by 35.5-36 CA? Thanks.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s a different one from JA that scores well on the HCA. You can request the cert.

This one from Whiteflash has similar specs and price too.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very new to this. Can you explain what you mean by 35.5-36 CA? Thanks.

Sorry, in general we recommend people stay within certain proportions when buying diamonds. AGS and GIA grade diamonds based on the cut proportions among other criteria.

The proportions effect how much of the light entering a diamond is returned to the viewer as white light (brilliance) or colored light (fire). In general you’ll see people suggest the CA or crown angle fall between 34 and 35. The PA or Pavillion angle between 40.6 and 40.9. The depth no more than 62.3 and the Table between 53 and 58. Staying within these numbers can help ensure a bright and lively stone with no leakage or obstruction issues.

That is why everyone will ask you for the numbers on the diamond’s certificate. The next thing we will ask you to get is advanced images. ASET most importantly. ASET images show how the diamond succeeds or fails at returning light in reality not just potentially based on the numbers. Those images look like this.

0961D32D-391B-4074-B4D5-BB70932E424C.jpeg

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
James Allen report
JA cert.jpg

Whiteflash report

Attachments

• WF Report.pdf
    646.8 KB · Views: 50

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you remind us of your budget for the stone and for the ring with setting? Also, what style of setting do you want?

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't buy any of the whiteflash virtual inventory diamonds. The JA one with AGS report looks amazing. I would put it on hold immediately before someone buys it

Just curious why you say no to the Whiteflash virtual stones @lovedogs? Is it because they don’t have the upgrade option?

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Can you remind us of your budget for the stone and for the ring with setting? Also, what style of setting do you want?

My budget is $5000 including a simple pave setting. Thanks.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They aren't part of the upgrade option, I believe, and they aren't in-house, so they don't have the benefit of all the imaging and other inspection services that the in-house stones do.

Yup. That's why.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My budget is $5000 including a simple pave setting. Thanks.

Would you consider a preloved option? Someone here is selling a .81 ACA which is amazing for 3300 and you could have it reset into a pave setting for under 5k total

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the largest (the H) or this G (below). Ask WF for side-by-side photos to see if you can tell size/color difference and if H is high enough for
you. Edit...also ask them to be put on hold for you.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
I would go with the largest (the H) or this G (below). Ask WF for side-by-side photos to see if you can tell size/color difference and if H is high enough for
you. Edit...also ask them to be put on hold for you.

Here is the side by side comparison. Thanks.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare/?idnos=4219773,4264609

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think this was mentioned on the other thread you had, but there is a preloved ACA up for sale within your budget. 0.81 H SI1. That would be an excellent purchase. If you are serious about it, you should act quickly before some lurker snatches it up.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think this was mentioned on the other thread you had, but there is a preloved ACA up for sale within your budget. 0.81 H SI1. That would be an excellent purchase. If you are serious about it, you should act quickly before some lurker snatches it up.

Thank you but I am not interested.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
I’m going with the G. Thanks for all the advice.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The G from James Allen or from Whiteflash? Please show us the finished product when you receive it!!!

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here is the ideal scope image of the JA G color diamond
865BAF28-E164-4C4F-BEF2-6AA06D162008.jpeg

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes it is. Do you think it would look nice in a solitaire setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results